Justice League (2017)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
honestly, joker works best as a no one. ledger's joker nailed the origin... every time he tells someone where he got his scars from, it's a different story. his origin stories should be taken as a madman looking through a lens. and every time he looks at his past, he's looking through a different lens. any movie that shows his origin should either just avoid it (dark knight) or do something like Clue and have the whole movie be just a bunch of short stories "This is what REALLY happened..."

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Haus

<Silver Donator>
MV5BYjcxMzM3OWMtNmM3Yy00YzBkLTkxMmQtMDk4MmM3Y2Y4MDliL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_SX178_AL_.jpg

You must not be over 40, once you are... you realize he was the hero in that film ;)

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
honestly, joker works best as a no one. ledger's joker nailed the origin... every time he tells someone where he got his scars from, it's a different story. his origin stories should be taken as a madman looking through a lens. and every time he looks at his past, he's looking through a different lens. any movie that shows his origin should either just avoid it (dark knight) or do something like Clue and have the whole movie be just a bunch of short stories "This is what REALLY happened..."

Except that doesn't mirror Batman's origin like The Killing Joke does which is the whole point

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Except that doesn't mirror Batman's origin like The Killing Joke does which is the whole point
No your right, that works specifically for the killing joke, but it also works if he's got no real origin as well. Because at the end of the day, joker does what he does because he WANTS to. Same as batman.

People like to mirror origins for heroes and villains because it's the idea of, if one thing changed, this hero could have turned out differently. There, but by the grace of god, go i. It's an interesting story, but it's not the ONLY story.

Scarecrow and Batman have wildly different origins, but they both use fear as their main weapon. Joker works as a villian for the same reason... joker and batman are both sociopaths

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Finally got around to watching this. Thought it was ok. Things they needed to do better:

Boom tubes. If you didn't know about them, you had no idea wtf they were.

That Russian family, pointless to the movie, why were they there?

Flash was ok

Cyborg was ok

Yes the I'm rich is getting old for batman

Thought the whole supes resurrection was...too easy.

Enjoyed the movie though.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
necro baby
after watching Aquaman, it reminded me that i totally skipped this movie. everyone shits on it, so i dismissed it at the time. i looked in the usual places and found that there was a fan made "Unauthorized Snyder Cut" of this so i gave it a spin hoping that it would be the best version to watch. i know Snyder loves him some dark and gloomy. but this was actually not as bad as everyone made it out to be. it had problems even with this version. but i still enjoyed it even though the villain was lame and not nearly as interesting as Darkseid. i give it a 3-3.5 out of 5. i will always be a DC fan, more Supes and Bats isnt a bad thing.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
necro baby
after watching Aquaman, it reminded me that i totally skipped this movie. everyone shits on it, so i dismissed it at the time. i looked in the usual places and found that there was a fan made "Unauthorized Snyder Cut" of this so i gave it a spin hoping that it would be the best version to watch. i know Snyder loves him some dark and gloomy. but this was actually not as bad as everyone made it out to be. it had problems even with this version. but i still enjoyed it even though the villain was lame and not nearly as interesting as Darkseid. i give it a 3-3.5 out of 5. i will always be a DC fan, more Supes and Bats isnt a bad thing.

People are sheep and shit on DC because that's what they think they're supposed to do. This movie isn't Avengers level, but it's also not "bad".

Definitely has issues like Cyborg being a terrible character and Superman making everyone else irrelevant

• 1Dislike

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
People are sheep and shit on DC because that's what they think they're supposed to do. This movie isn't Avengers level, but it's also not "bad".

Definitely has issues like Cyborg being a terrible character and Superman making everyone else irrelevant
Cyborg i didnt really mind, i thought the concept of an exoskeleton evolving on its own was pretty cool and after he stopped being an angsty bitch, he came along as a decent member of the team. and as with every DC story, Supes makes everyone irrelevant. when Captain Marysue hits theaters its going to do the same to Marvel's Avengers.

Randin

Trakanon Raider

Honestly, Suicide Squad is the only one I'd call actually *bad*. The rest were just kinda mediocre, with Wonder Woman and Aquaman rising to being pretty good.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Ok, anyone that right this movie was anything but utter horseshit is kidding themselves. Every time they should have been leaping into action they struck a pose instead. The action was awful. Cyborg and Narmor were tolerable and underutilized. Fuck, I'm pissed i got talked into watching it. Fucking Ben Affleck is awful. I'm not wasting any more life on typing about this crap.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Some big trailer coming out tomorrow for the Zack Snyder cut

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Some big trailer coming out tomorrow for the Zack Snyder cut
It’s out now. I can’t link it because it’s not letting my on my phone for some reason.

it looks neat but the movie was so forgettable I don’t even remember anything from it expect Cyborgs origin being told in it.