Justice League (2017)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Lois. Lois is the key. That carcass is Lois. If she's dead, Superman gives up. It's a bit convoluted, but the whole scene shows Superman just floating above not giving a fuck amongst the devastation because she's dead. He could fight back, easily, and everyone else died, yet he continues to exist, just floating there watching. He obviously has the power to, but has no reason to do anything.

Kind of like the Injustice story line where Lois's death makes him snap and he basically takes over the world

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
can someone nerd out on supes for me? i was under the impression the black suit would have been due to his death or whatever.

However as supes is walking through the ship he passes copies of various 'armors'. Was the black suit choice effectively an upgrade?

Not sure if you're asking about the movie or the comics. The movie did it as a call back to the comics when he came back from the dead

BlackSuit4_60273a6e202020.93542447.jpg

In the comics Harshaw Harshaw is right it is supposed to make him absorb sunlight faster when he's been weakened. I believe in the comics his "death" was actually just him in a low power mode like a laptop when the battery gets too low

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, Black suit in comics was essentially to augment his solar energy uptake and also provide some protection and whatnot. When he first showed up in it, for instance, he hadn't healed/charged enough to fly. At one point Supergirl (who at the time wasn't kryptonian, but rather a protomatter clone attempt with different abilities) turned invisible and carried him to keep others from realizing he was underpowered at that moment.

In some ways this was part of an attempt to "level squish" him to use Wow parlance and lower his power level as not too long before then he was still at "Can push planets around" levels of strength. Then "fully healed" was still a long shot from his previous power levels...

(Yeah, I was reading the actual comics back then...)

• 1Like

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
If they cut out all the slow-mo it would have only been 2 hours long. Also the Xena level up noise everytime wonder woman appeared on screen lol. Other than that it was pretty good, except the epilogue. Leto's joker was still retarded as fuck, hew hew hew.
Yeah that epilogue made the ending of the LOTR trilogy look succinct in comparison. Cut that last 30 minutes (!!) down to 8 or 10 and the movie gets another half point from me. Still, totally insane how much better this cut is than the Whedon version. I would never had guessed the gap would be this big. Virtually every single character except Aquaman and maybe Batman are infinitely better in this than the Whedon version.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
assume he meant Shazam 2

found this list of all dc movies planned, announced or talked about
don't think the release dates are set in stone at this point

The Suicide Squad (2021) Release date: Aug 06, 2021
Black Adam Release date: Dec 22, 2021
The Batman (2022) Release date: Mar 04, 2022
DC Super Pets (2022) Release date: May 20, 2022
The Flash (2022) Release date: Nov 04, 2022
Aquaman 2 (2022) Release date: Dec 16, 2022
Shazam 2 (2023) Release date: Jun 02, 2023
TBD
Wonder Woman 3
The Other Batman
The Trench
Green Lantern Corps
Supergirl
Cyborg
Blackhawk
Batgirl
Untitled Joker Project
Nightwing
Man of Steel Sequel
Lobo
New Gods
Static Shock
Blue Beetle
Superman
Hourman
maybe they will continue Snyder's canon. otherwise why would they have included that epilogue? also we have a Cyborg movie? is that same actor coming back? isnt he suing WB cuz they were "mean to him"?

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
What-ifs like Injustice and Red Son are popular because of shock value and originality, not because people specifically want to see Superman as a villain. Please dear god never let Snyder near the Superman IP ever again.

That being said, I would say this was an ok pair of movies but even with the increased runtime there was still too much stuffed into a single movie. Warner Bros completely fucked themselves by trying to jump straight to the collab movie without having done the setups first.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Lois. Lois is the key. That carcass is Lois. If she's dead, Superman gives up. It's a bit convoluted, but the whole scene shows Superman just floating above not giving a fuck amongst the devastation because she's dead. He could fight back, easily, and everyone else died, yet he continues to exist, just floating there watching. He obviously has the power to, but has no reason to do anything.

Think you missed the point about the anti life equation, Darkseids hand on his shoulder, Batmans cowl in his hands.

I don't know how the equation is meant to work, but the whole point is, Lois died and Superman fell to the dark side as a result, fueled by a desire for revenge against Batman. Hence the scene in BvS

Last edited:

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Anti life equation basically takes away everyones free will and gives whoever knows it full control.

Yeah, but how that is adapted for the intended sequel is something we probably won't know.

I guess I'm curious how losing Lois made Superman susceptible to it, and why he wasn't to begin with

And then why there's a rebellion against Darkseid that doesn't succumb to it. So clearly it's not like getting the final infinity stone where the possessor can click his fingers and bring everyone on a planet under his spell

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I assumed her death somehow led to him getting the equation.

If its that Superman was only susceptible because he was sad or that he's able to break it with the power of love then that would be pretty dumb

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I assumed her death somehow led to him getting the equation.

If its that Superman was only susceptible because he was sad or that he's able to break it with the power of love then that would be pretty dumb
A single tragic death turning Superman evil is the premise of the Justice Lords, although Injustice had him both murdering Lois, his unborn baby, and nuking Metropolis on accident to go evil.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
What did yall think of all the music changes? Like when Aquaman rescues the boater, it was originally White Stripes' Icky Thump, and now it's some slow song. He really went with these kind of slow weird songs. I don't recognize any of them, but curious if these are well known, or if they were maybe cheaper songs he could put in?

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Another q: Green Lantern, in this movie it shows him as a alien pig or something. Is that cannon or just someone who had the powers earlier?

Zeus v. Superman?

Wonder Woman narrating "And Zeus and his son Ares" (who ended up being my brother, and evil and I had to kill)

Goatface

Another q: Green Lantern, in this movie it shows him as a alien pig or something. Is that cannon or just someone who had the powers earlier?
he was intro'd from the 90's, don't know if he ever did anything
1616335145731.png

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
So there won't be any more good justice leagues after this one and the marvel faggot versions are what to expect from here?

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
What did yall think of all the music changes? Like when Aquaman rescues the boater, it was originally White Stripes' Icky Thump, and now it's some slow song. He really went with these kind of slow weird songs. I don't recognize any of them, but curious if these are well known, or if they were maybe cheaper songs he could put in?

Snyder has a hard-on for old dudes with dramatic voices. Usually that means Tom Waits, but in this case it's Nick Cave;

And of course, the album for this track is "The Boatman's Call", which matches the content of the scene. And nobody in the world but Zack Snyder, Nick Cave, and my scholarly uncle would know this without looking it up. But that's how obscure music snobbery works.

Last edited: