Justice League (2017)

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
is it still future? they already said there wont be a sequel and they may have already gone another direction.
We may never get another Justice League at this point, let alone any more of Snyder's stuff. They would have to do another hard DCEU reboot to fix everything. You ditched your Superman and Batman. Who knows if we'll get another Wonder Woman. Aquaman 2 iand Flash 2 are both almost 2 years off. They are better off building a Shazam universe with the Black Adam movies.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
1b163197aa3a3af2aa5706eb163e9846.jpg

• 1Solidarity

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I had to stop and do stuff at the 90 minute mark. I can honestly say it is better the the JW cut. I can't yet say if the movie is good or not but so far it is definitely improved. The scenes filling shit in really do make a difference for the positive.

Goatface

We may never get another Justice League at this point, let alone any more of Snyder's stuff. They would have to do another hard DCEU reboot to fix everything. You ditched your Superman and Batman. Who knows if we'll get another Wonder Woman. Aquaman 2 iand Flash 2 are both almost 2 years off. They are better off building a Shazam universe with the Black Adam movies.

snyder cut isn't canon, wheldon's is, but only in regards to the 3 movies. they aren't going to build a connected universe, they want to have a main line where they are somewhat connected but doesn't look like going to a big event/arc. that isn't counting the side movies which won't even in that universe.

None of that seems to worry Nelson, and that’s partly because DC and Warner have adopted a new strategy: Let’s rethink that whole universe thing. They’re not giving up on the idea of continuity, but they want to deemphasize the idea that all of these flicks are occupying the same space. “Our intention, certainly, moving forward is using the continuity to help make sure nothing is diverging in a way that doesn’t make sense, but there’s no insistence upon an overall story line or interconnectivity in that universe,” says Nelson, drawing nods from the top brass around her.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
snyder cut isn't canon, wheldon's is, but only in regards to the 3 movies. they aren't going to build a connected universe, they want to have a main line where they are somewhat connected but doesn't look like going to a big event/arc. that isn't counting the side movies which won't even in that universe.

this is basically a tacit acknowledgement that they dont know how to pull of a legit DCEU

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I thought this was pretty cool. Nothing mind blowing or anything but entertaining. It made me want a sequel but I guess WB has it's head up its ass to get it done.

Kiki

Log Wizard
If they cut out all the slow-mo it would have only been 2 hours long. Also the Xena level up noise everytime wonder woman appeared on screen lol. Other than that it was pretty good, except the epilogue. Leto's joker was still retarded as fuck, hew hew hew.

• 1Worf

spronk

FPS noob
I enjoyed it. Its not a "great" movie, but its a fun comic book movie that is maxxed out dumb comic shit. You have to just accept all the slow mo and operatic orchestral choir singing every 15 minutes, like a retarded 8 year old boy who won't stop talking about wrestling, you learn to enjoy the charm of someone who loves one thing so so so much his love is infectious.

It helped watching it over 2 nights, I think i'd go nuts if I sat down for 4 hours in a theater to watch this. But yeah, at home it was great. Some really uneven bits, but every superhero was great, Cyborg went from a shit character in the Whedon version to a nicely fleshed out, complete character here, and everyone worked. Some of the CGI was really rough, Superman felt uneven and unfinished in the last act, I kinda wanted more Batman, and the last 10 minutes is a total "AND HERE IS ME SETTING UP 5 MORE MOVIES" roflcopter stuff but still, pretty fun. I can't believe Jareds Leto Joker was actually not that bad. Lex Luthor too was fine.

I would never have guessed six months ago Zack Snyder's Justice League 4 hour remake would be as good as it was, so total kudos to the dude for pulling it off.

Also Amber Heard may be batshit insane but goddamn she has some fantastic titties

• 7Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If they cut out all the slow-mo it would have only been 2 hours long. Also the Xena level up noise everytime wonder woman appeared on screen lol. Other than that it was pretty good, except the epilogue. Leto's joker was still retarded as fuck, hew hew hew.
Im pretty much on that same review myself. I loved how this version actually made shit make sense and complete. Versus shit popping up out of nowhere or just being "too convenient" in Whedons. I was really starting to get annoyed with Wonder Woman's music every time she fought. Just doesnt fit in most spots and kind of reminds me of Peter from Family Guy having his own theme music everywhere he went. In terms of just time, the entire ending epilogue could have been cut. Didnt really add or take away much of anything. Martian Man cameo doesnt make a lot of sense to add since it doesnt really give non comic fans any idea who the hell he is. Batmans dream just seemed forced and kind of awful, regardless of Leto's performance. Lex Luther's bit was cool, but I cant fathom how the "eye for an eye" guy is going to do jack shit to Batman even if he does know his civilian persona, Bruce Wayne.

Overall, a much better improvement over Whedon's. I just think it went a bit overboard with some explanations, or the setups (like the pregnancy kit in Lo's drawer) etc.

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Lois. Lois is the key. That carcass is Lois. If she's dead, Superman gives up. It's a bit convoluted, but the whole scene shows Superman just floating above not giving a fuck amongst the devastation because she's dead. He could fight back, easily, and everyone else died, yet he continues to exist, just floating there watching. He obviously has the power to, but has no reason to do anything.

• 1Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Lois. Lois is the key. That carcass is Lois. If she's dead, Superman gives up. It's a bit convoluted, but the whole scene shows Superman just floating above not giving a fuck amongst the devastation because she's dead. He could fight back, easily, and everyone else died, yet he continues to exist, just floating there watching. He obviously has the power to, but has no reason to do anything.

It’s not as if Superman couldn’t slay any pussy on earth that he wanted. Move on, fly man.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

assume he meant Shazam 2

found this list of all dc movies planned, announced or talked about
don't think the release dates are set in stone at this point

The Suicide Squad (2021) Release date: Aug 06, 2021
Black Adam Release date: Dec 22, 2021
The Batman (2022) Release date: Mar 04, 2022
DC Super Pets (2022) Release date: May 20, 2022
The Flash (2022) Release date: Nov 04, 2022