Justice League (2017)

Xerge

<Donor>
This was the worst thing to happen to Joss. Unless he throws WB under the bus with a 'theymademedoit' check list, he's fucked. Lol.

Could have Avengers been better?

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Snyder cut has many eye brow raising moments but compared side by side to the yesman that is Joss Whedon (Gal didn't even film the dumb Flash scene), Snyder will at least produce something that's not completely hacked.

Whedon is getting the last laugh -- the man got his payday back in 2017 and so did WB. This was a no brainer for them. Was literally free money.

WB round table: Hey you guys wanna release a new movie for 70mil cost?
WB: I'd buy that for a dollar

View attachment 344624

Wait what scene did WW not film in Whedon cut?

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
flash falling on her boobs. She refused and they got a double.

Man, I just read through that article. I clicked his evidence for her refusing, it's a twitter link, but it also says that Whedon put her in a room and yelled at her for refusing to film it. He's such a piece of shit. I also read there was a butt scene that didn't make either cut of the movie, but was in the JL trailer for Whedon:

• 3Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
That's some pretty harmless physical comedy all things considered, it's not like he demanded she make out with him.

The ass shot is just kinda pathetic but at the same time I don't hear Cavill complaining about being expected to go shirtless every time he gets in front of a camera.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
That's some pretty harmless physical comedy all things considered, it's not like he demanded she make out with him.

The ass shot is just kinda pathetic but at the same time I don't hear Cavill complaining about being expected to go shirtless every time he gets in front of a camera.

you mean Jason Mamoa, how many fucking shirts did he throw away during this movie?

• 1Like

Xerge

<Donor>
I can't disagree about it being harmless physical comedy, but there's just not much reach for it. It wouldn't ever happen to either character and is entirely out of place. Wtf the flash trippin' over? Flash don't trip over shit -- this ain't no spidey intro and fallin' off buildings.

edit -- the point is everything Joss did was hacked and jerk fucked in. Was he WB lead or ?

Last edited:

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Joss Whedon and Zack Snyder have such different styles that I don't think Joss could ever have put together a decent movie based on Snyder's leftovers.

Most of Whedon's stuff has been pretty decent, he just wasn't the right director to take over JL.

Of course he is heavily responsible for the clusterfuck that is the theatrical cut, but I think most of the blame goes to WB for picking him. They wanted some of that light hearted MCU success.

• 2Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Snyder made the most interesting Superman movie ever even if he fucked up that Superman would have led Zod away. That’s my only complaint. Him having to take a life to understand the impact was pretty damn good character development for a Snyder movie.

and I still like Watchmen. Fight me.

I don't even consider Watchmen a Snyder flick as much as it was a pretty literal panel for panel shoot of the comicbook. heh He hadn't enforced his "style" onto it like he started doing later.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
you mean Jason Mamoa, how many fucking shirts did he throw away during this movie?
jason mamoa lives with his shirt off. it's more of an issue getting him to keep his shirt on. he's that guy that asks every scene if he can do a take with his shirt off, just to see if it works.

as far as whedon goes... he's lost his sparkle for me but i don't know how much it really has to do with justice league. WB was ecstatic when snyder stepped away because they were fighting him every step of the way. they wanted some avengers level money and so they thought they could just hire joss to do that. but because the movie was basically all shot, they weren't going to spend the money to reshoot the whole thing. if joss made a justice league film from start to finish it would have been a different animal altogether.

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Joss Whedon dialogue is like they took an episode of Dawson's Creek and put them in space or had them wear super hero tights. I fucking hate Whedon.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Jive Turkey

Karen
I just kind of want to know when we started giving a fuck about a director being a shitty person? Hell Stanley Kubrick was such a monumental piece of shit to Shelley Duvall when making the shining that she literally had a nervous breakdown and yet no one really gives a shit.
She looks fine to me

lfphxnd2swc11.jpg

• 1WTF
  • 1Worf
  • 1Barf

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
He hadn't enforced his "style" onto it like he started doing later.
I mean 300 and Watchmen were pretty much already Snyder's "style", it's just that they were already completed stories so they covered up his ineptitude at storytelling.

• 3Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Man, I just read through that article. I clicked his evidence for her refusing, it's a twitter link, but it also says that Whedon put her in a room and yelled at her for refusing to film it. He's such a piece of shit. I also read there was a butt scene that didn't make either cut of the movie, but was in the JL trailer for Whedon:

Whedon the real MVP?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i watched that Red Letter Media review and yeah, its pretty much what we discussed here. i still dont know why Martian Manhunter was impersonating Martha Kent. i mean i do understand why they had that scene, to motivate Lois to get back to her life, but why does Martian fucking Manhunter give two shits about her?

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I agree the scene was dumb, but Manhunter was always a "watcher", and detective.

I need to go back and watch Man of Steel so I can see him antagonizing Superman.

• 1Like

Burns

i watched that Red Letter Media review and yeah, its pretty much what we discussed here. i still dont know why Martian Manhunter was impersonating Martha Kent. i mean i do understand why they had that scene, to motivate Lois to get back to her life, but why does Martian fucking Manhunter give two shits about her?

My original impression, while watching it, was that Synder was giving Jonn Jonzz the additional power of seeing the various possible futures, along with his other mental abilities. So he knew Lois needed to do something, or else Darksied would win. Additionally, it was Jonn that was projecting visions of Apoc-Earth into the Bats head, in order to try to change that outcome.

After the movie, that idea was shot to shit when I read that Synder was wanting to do some time travel shit (that Cyborg figures out, in the Apoc future) and that those scenes of the future were a result of that. I think it came from a ComicCon panel aboot BvS, but I'm not sure.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Warner said the Snyder fans are toxic essentially, so unless AT&T steps on them again, Cavill is assuredly out as Supes and the Snyderverse is on ice.

Even before Warner bashed the Snyder cut fans, they already trashed a Cavill pitch last month.

Here's to hoping AT&T bitchslaps em for the third time.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard

Sevens

Log Wizard
Warner said the Snyder fans are toxic essentially, so unless AT&T steps on them again, Cavill is assuredly out as Supes and the Snyderverse is on ice.

Even before Warner bashed the Snyder cut fans, they already trashed a Cavill pitch last month.

Here's to hoping AT&T bitchslaps em for the third time.
I would love to see Cavill as Supes, as much as I hate the character I think he does a great job of portraying him
Fuck Snyder and the Snyderverse, was shit from start to finish. He can shoot great moments but has no clue how to tell a story. You put Zack Snyder in charge of your cinema universe and you get the DCEU, a total shit show and a monumental disaster.

• 2Solidarity