Justice League (2017)

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Joss Whedon was so good at leading a cinematic nerd universe that they replaced him with the Arrested Development guys. I’ll give Feige credit there.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Joss Whedon was so good at leading a cinematic nerd universe that they replaced him with the Arrested Development guys. I’ll give Feige credit there.
Is that just director vs producer roles?

Feige seems to have total creative control over the overarching plotlines, which is where DCEU failed. He's a genius producer.

Whedon is good at snappy banter between characters, which is what the Avengers cast and characters were designed for. He was a great director for Avengers 1. Avengers 2 was Feige overreaching with too many plot tie ins to other future movies, I don't blame Whedon and I liked the movie anyway.

So you take a director who was perfect at light hearted banter between heroes and witty villians, then drop him into a grimdark nightmare with a grey blob CGI villian. Of course it didn't work.

Whedon is bad for being a typical hollywood sex pest using male feminist as cover. There's nothing wrong with his actual work.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Is that just director vs producer roles?

Feige seems to have total creative control over the overarching plotlines, which is where DCEU failed. He's a genius producer.

Whedon is good at snappy banter between characters, which is what the Avengers cast and characters were designed for. He was a great director for Avengers 1. Avengers 2 was Feige overreaching with too many plot tie ins to other future movies, I don't blame Whedon and I liked the movie anyway.

So you take a director who was perfect at light hearted banter between heroes and witty villians, then drop him into a grimdark nightmare with a grey blob CGI villian. Of course it didn't work.

Whedon is bad for being a typical hollywood sex pest using male feminist as cover. There's nothing wrong with his actual work.
The Russos did Whedon for Marvel better than Whedon. I fucking hate Whedon’s “witty” banter.

I think Snyder was intended to provide that overarching guidance. He may not have been up to it, but maybe the tone wouldn’t have been all over the place in subsequent movies.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Whedon is trash.

Why does the Snyder cut have so many slow motion, music infused scenes that make me feel like Im watching a music video? Its so strange.

Wonder Womans jew accent is so....interesting but kind of bad. Also, why do cops even show up to terroristic events like the bank bomb scene? They serve zero purpose and just become liabilities. You got a fucking SUPER HERO to answer the call lol.

Last edited:
  • 1Garbage

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Wait what? Who is antagonizing Superman in MoS?

Martian Manhunter.

"Let's put our cards on the table, shall we."

man-of-steel-henry-cavill-harry-lennix-600x356.jpg

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Oh yeah, THAT dude just happening to have been Martian Manhunter was also super retarded.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Or how Captain Carrie Farris was an obvious nod to Star Sapphire, a purple Lantern, Carol Ferris, as well as Hal Jordan's Green Lantern, also an Air Force Captain. But if that dude can be MM, if we continue the Snyder verse, let's see her strapped in purple. Why tf not.
Harry-Lennix.jpg

carol-ferris-becomes-a-star-sapphire-again-5-e1509895717533.jpg

• 2Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Normally drivers are NCO's, but she's likely part of a Security Force team. Or they just wanted a cute girl to act stupid and Easter egg some lantern shit.

Goatface

zack has said he wanted to do a whole lantern tie in, the end scene of JL was supposed to be a lantern showing up, but WB told him hands off the GL-verse.

i am pretty sure zack's Cavill will be the last good big screen superman will see in the next decade.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
zack has said he wanted to do a whole lantern tie in, the end scene of JL was supposed to be a lantern showing up, but WB told him hands off the GL-verse.

i am pretty sure zack's Cavill will be the last good big screen superman will see in the next decade.
Probably the last. Next is gonna be Dinduman.

• 1RAGE

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Sadly this is probably true. The superhero world really needs Superman, and the lack of his presence is a bummer. Even if he’s not someone’s favorite he is important.

• 2Like