Justice League (2017)

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
A lot of the characters were perfectly cast for the Snyder/Miller style of DC. I was fine with Simmons portrayal (for me its hard to not see the guy from Ladykillers), but also loved Jeremy Irons as Alfred who I feel really nailed the part. Same with Dianne Cannon and even Amy Adams. In the restored cut, Fischer is actually spot on on the darker comic book Cyborg. Batfleck minus the Whedon forced quips is the perfect old man Batman/Wayne. Cavil (ignoring MoS plot choices) is the perfect Superman, if you are not into the Donner movies. Aquaman was a lot better as a grim guy in this movie, again free of the forced Whedon humor. Only character that was miscast was Flash, but even that was better in this cut of the movie thanks to the removal of all the scenes where Whedon turned him into a complete retard. And I agree with Haus that John Wesley Ship is the closest anyone has come to nailing the character, though I would love to see Nathon Fillion in that role personally (but he is cast in SS2). And absent that horrible fucking WW84 agenda bulllshit, Galdot was again solid in her role.

Whedon, as discussed, is incapable of working with anything outside of his Buffyverse style. I think Age of Ultron more or less proves that the first Avengers was the exception and not the rule with him (Ultrom being objectively the worst modern MCU movie, in my view) and thats why Feige dumped him (metoo was just a convenient excuse). The night and day quality of the two cuts is so obvious that only the WB version of Kennedy (and those who worship at the same woke altar) still feel the Whedon cut is superior. I mean, how fucking sad is it that the funniest Flash (Supes confrontation) scene was actually Snyder's and not even Whedon? And that with all the fucking reshot bullshit in just that one scene that Whedon crammed in.

They have a deep seated incentive to quash any remaining remnants of the Snyder version of DCU, in that his work appeals to men on a visceral level. The movies 300, Watchmen, and Sin City were fucking testosterone fueled fucking movies that resonate with normal people, especially male audiences who lay out the most cash for this media. And those people hate that. That's why instead of what fans have reacted favorably towards, we get the shitshow that was WW84, with proposed blackwashing movies of Batman and Supes, instead of building on the success of Shazam and Aquaman.

I honestly thought Disney is where we would see the final showdown between the woke and the shekel counters, but if AT&T decides to dick slap WB again, this might be the arena where it gets fought out first. This is especially true with their golden boy Whedon now getting openly shit on by the entire cast and the massive debacle that WW84 ended up being. As someone here said previously, WW84 was so bad I left my own house. All eyes are now on AT&T, especially if Gunn's SS sequel ends up living up to its hype. The wokesters can keep their CW shit to wank over their Fee Fees. As a huge fan of Frank Miller's work and the darker DC stuff, the Snyder related projects hit the right notes with me and I know I am far from alone in this. I mean I am pretty sure the shitty CGI on Cavell's mustache cost more than what completing this cut did, and who thinks that was money better spent? I guess we will find out, but this is basically a huge casualty to the woke invasion of culture if WB Bizarro Kennedy prevails in this fight, because we can now objectively see what might have been. This could have been a solid competition between two similar but different IPs in the same genre (much like Star Wars vs Trek back in the 70s and 80s were), but instead thanks to wokeness it is a race to the bottom for both.
Speaking from 25+ years of management with AT&T, let me say this. The whole concept of them letting the subsidiaries operate with autonomy is a crock of shit. They rule the entire empire with an Iron fist from Dallas. If this woke shit costs them money, it will go away. As long as internal polling and marketing tells them woke is the money maker it stays. If analysis tells them Snyderverse is the money maker they will gut anyone at Warner who disagrees. There is no quicker way to be shown the door at AT&T than be labeled "not a team player". Unless you are related to someone in Dallas of course. The nepotism is strong with Ma Bell.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
No real reason to think that was supposed to be Iris.
except
iris.png

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
It's crazy that we give Snyder complete control and he puts out this cut that honestly most people received very well. It's ridiculous the studios can't acknowledge this and let him have complete control over some IP going forward.
I presume at this point, they have a lot of money in The Rock basket and everything in the DCEU is going to revolve around whatever happens in the Black Adam movie next summer.

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
i wont get this chance for a while.
Ll9OTB.gif
There's no reason that should have been Iris, except that I guess it actually makes a really stupid kind of sense if you consider how many other characters they rammed into the fucking movie.

I bet the pet shop owner was Golden Glider and the truck driver was Captain Cold. and his dad is probably The Trickster.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
LMAO he called Jared Leto's Joker "The Living Joke"

• 1Great Review
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
“We wanted to give Zack the opportunity to complete his vision in a four-hour movie, which is impossible to do in theatres. We're happy that we have HBO Max to let the rope out as it were and allow the fans to see all four-hours of Zack's vision,” Warner Bros. chairman and CEO Ann Sarnoff told Variety, and added later on the topic of #RestoreTheSnyderVerse: “I appreciate that they love Zack's work and we are very thankful for his many contributions to DC. We're just so happy that he could bring his cut of the Justice League to life because that wasn't in the plan until about a year ago. With that comes the completion of his trilogy. We're very happy we've done this, but we're very excited about the plans we have.”

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
ahh copulate
I mean, you could have read the article instead of the headline..

"The #RestoreTheSnyderVerse movement showed us the error of our ways, and when his legions of fans proved their passion and dedication by hijacking our #StopAsianHate hashtag, well, we just knew we couldn't ignore them any longer."

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Garbage
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 2 users