Justice League (2017)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Youre pretty fucking ancient so every passing day is a strike against you ;) :)
iu

• 6Worf
  • 4Like
Reactions: 9 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Finished the second half of it today. I enjoyed it. I dont know how anyone can sit through 4 hours in one sitting though. It isnt a masterpiece, but it is good. Especially taking the Whedon shitshow into account. I didnt despise Cyborg in this cut. Flash wasn't a worthless 2-dimensional joke of a character. Steppenwolf was improved. Being beheaded by WW > "They smell your fear" bullshit. Its not great, but its also not the stinking pile of shit that Whedon made. I will forever wonder now if Whedon made his shit on purpose to tank the DC universe. I like they dont dont make all the JL members "equal" in usefulness. Superman is ... fucking Superman.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
They were mentally tougher. Supes is physically strong but mentally soft. He lets his feelings for a woman influence every aspect of his life. He needs to show himself shirtless and in skin tights to feel better about himself. He was easy prey. Reminds me of a certain poster but we'll keep that between ourselves....
having lived in kansas for a few years, i now know why he is a mental midget

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Green Lantern is the only super hero movie my Mom ever actually liked.
I wanted to like it as I really like GL, Ryan Reynolds and Mark Strong. But JFC was the entire Parallax take was an absolute dumpster fire.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Finished the second half of it today. I enjoyed it. I dont know how anyone can sit through 4 hours in one sitting though. It isnt a masterpiece, but it is good. Especially taking the Whedon shitshow into account. I didnt despise Cyborg in this cut. Flash wasn't a worthless 2-dimensional joke of a character. Steppenwolf was improved. Being beheaded by WW > "They smell your fear" bullshit. Its not great, but its also not the stinking pile of shit that Whedon made. I will forever wonder now if Whedon made his shit on purpose to tank the DC universe. I like they dont dont make all the JL members "equal" in usefulness. Superman is ... fucking Superman.
I broke it up across 3 days. I think it would be too exhausting to sit through 4 hours of this straight. And, as a result, I really enjoyed this version. I actually liked Cyborg and the Flash in this. And the flashback scene showing the original battle for Earth was freakin' awesome. They should do a movie around that.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I wouldn't be able to contain talking shit about the version they released first if I was one of the actors. Watched some of those clips. Holy cheesey trash. And Steppenwolf wtf.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Massive improvement on all levels. No wonder the dude playing cyborg was pissed, with all the shit they cut out his character was actually engaging. I think it is safe to say Whedon is a hack at this point and got lucky with a great cast on Firefly and the first Avengers movie, where his constant quip schtick worked. DC has always played it more straight than Marvel, so someone like Whedon should have never been let near it. The ending drags a bit, but I get where he was going with it at that point, it just should have been a trimmed down post credit sequence. Everything else was top tier and I even liked the obscure music choices, which made things seem far less "commercial" and test audience screened. Most damning of the original Whedon cut is how in this one there is a feeling of actual risk the heroes are going to lose, whereas in the Whedon cut its pretty much faceroll once Supes shows up. Of all the characters, Flash was the most improved from the theatrical cut. What the fuck went on to let Whedon ruin this?

Objectively, I put it at somewhere below Avengers 1 and above Age of Ultron (for my money, a bad movie and one of the few bad ones Marvel has made), though it is clearly two movies (or should have been). Between Age of Ultron, the theatrical JL, and his metoo bullshit, Whedon should never sit in a director's chair again. I hope this was successful enough that some of the Snyderverse is considered to be continued, but honestly after the black hole of despair and bad that was WW84, I am not sure that it would turn out good. Snyder should have no trouble getting work again, since literally every moment of this cut was a massive improvement over what Whedon shat out. I know the edgelords are going to edge it up on this, but I honestly liked this movie quite a bit in this form and I doubt I am alone.

• 8Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What the fuck went on to let Whedon ruin this?

Autumn, one of Synder's daughters, killed herself in the middle/start of post-production.

The suits wouldn't or couldn't wait for him to grieve and get back into the saddle. So Whedon is who they could get on short order that checked all their boxes for a replacement.

• 2Like
  • 1Rustled

Goatface

• 3Like

spronk

FPS noob
Autumn, one of Synder's daughters, killed herself in the middle/start of post-production.

The suits wouldn't or couldn't wait for him to grieve and get back into the saddle. So Whedon is who they could get on short order that checked all their boxes for a replacement.

its a fucked up thing to say but his adopted daughters suicide literally killed the DC universe

well, the fucktards at WB really killed it I suppose

the RLM guys talk about the cut for 1 hour lol

Sterling

El Presidente
its a fucked up thing to say but his adopted daughters suicide literally killed the DC universe

Yeah i mean after watching a 4 hour movie, watching a 1 hour review of it isn't so bad! They actually hit most of the things i felt about it and overall I mostly agree with their general assessment of the movie, which is also kind of the majority opinion in this thread.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Watched the theatrical cut of Justice League last night. Had not watched it since the theaters confirmed still complete dumpster fire of a movie. Tone is all over the place. Characters lack motivation. Enemy monologues his back story. Wedon never learned show don't tell I guess.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chris

Potato del Grande

Maybe she was forced to watch the movie.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users