Justice League of America

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
we all know DC movies sucks so maybe bale is thinking "if my career is going down the drain,at least my wallet is getting heavier"

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Hah the best part of that article is Matt Damon is in talks to play Aquaman. Jimmy Kimmel would have a blast with that.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That would explain how he survived the beginning of Bourne 1 and end of Bourne 3.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Let's also recast Green Lantern as well please. Or choose another Lantern but Hal. They probably will have PC mandated diversity since it's 2014. Here's to Idris Elba for a Lantern.

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
this to me is fuck, they could make this so awesome if they would give each of those heros a movie each yes rip off marvel who gives a fuck? bring them out just like that seem to fucking rush no character development no back story just JL here we are you just have to believe we meet one day and were like yeah lets all hang out and fight crime....

maybe am just mad

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
this to me is fuck, they could make this so awesome if they would give each of those heros a movie each yes rip off marvel who gives a fuck? bring them out just like that seem to fucking rush no character development no back story just JL here we are you just have to believe we meet one day and were like yeah lets all hang out and fight crime....

maybe am just mad
Could you get someone from your American host family to type that up for us?

j00t

They DID try this. GL was supposed to be in the same universe as superman but it bombed

Nester

Vyemm Raider
They DID try this. GL was supposed to be in the same universe as superman but it bombed
I dont know if movies that make over $219mm can be called a bomb.

I did not mind it (sinestro was fucking awesome) but i agree with the criticism of RR and Hector + Parallax was lame. Still, it did not bomb. $53mm opening is not horrible.

You want to see a bomb, try RIPD that made only $33mm.

THE GL movie could still fit into the new DC movie universe, John Stewart can coexisit with Hal Jordan.

j00t

it was definitely a bomb. it did $53 opening weekend, which is pretty solid. but it made a total of $219... so it made 25% of it's box office in 4 days. think about that.

edit: btw, I enjoyed it... it just definitely did not live up to anyone's expectations.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I dont know if movies that make over $219mm can be called a bomb.

I did not mind it (sinestro was fucking awesome) but i agree with the criticism of RR and Hector + Parallax was lame. Still, it did not bomb. $53mm opening is not horrible.

You want to see a bomb, try RIPD that made only $33mm.

THE GL movie could still fit into the new DC movie universe, John Stewart can coexisit with Hal Jordan.
It bombed because it made 219m and cost over 300m between production and advertising.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
it was definitely a bomb. it did $53 opening weekend, which is pretty solid. but it made a total of $219... so it made 25% of it's box office in 4 days. think about that.

edit: btw, I enjoyed it... it just definitely did not live up to anyone's expectations.
Surpassed my expectations when I heard Reynolds was cast as GL. Only thing they could do worse than that would be to cast Ben Affleck as Batman .....

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Surpassed my expectations when I heard Reynolds was cast as GL. Only thing they could do worse than that would be to cast Ben Affleck as Batman .....
Really? Cause my first thought when he was cast was that he was an excellent choice for Hal Jordan, and after seeing the movie I stand by that thought. Reynolds as Jordan was about the only thing NOT wrong with the movie.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He's too quippy for Hal Jordan. He'd have been a good Kyle Rayner I think.

And Mark Strong as Sinestro was the best thing about that movie.