Justified (Season 5 - Jan 7th)

Goatface

QmXqlv4.jpg

Dewy Crowe returns, along with the Crowe Clan lead by Daryl Crowe Jr. played by Michael Rapaport

iannis

Musty Nester
I feels like if they'd ended it at Season2 (maaaaybe s3 if it had just been slightly different) it would have been an AMAZING show. I haven't read them but that's got to be where the books ended. The story changes a lot after that. S3 and S4 are still very good but they're slowly turning Waylan into Hollers Superman and Boyd Crowder into Hollers Lex Luthor. S1 and 2 were so great because it wasn't about that at all. Shit, Boyd was straight up interesting. Now he just kinda looks good in a suit.

They actually write the characters telling stupid office jokes that people really do tell at the office into the script. That's just so funny to me.

But fuck it, Dewey Crowe is awesome. Bring on the bold decision neck tattoos!

Elissidel_sl

shitlord
This show is the closest thing we have to a Deadwood spin-off...and I fucking love every minute of it. Last season was great, I expect this season to be also.

I hope we get more of Constable Bob the badass.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I feels like if they'd ended it at Season2 (maaaaybe s3 if it had just been slightly different) it would have been an AMAZING show. I haven't read them but that's got to be where the books ended. The story changes a lot after that. S3 and S4 are still very good but they're slowly turning Waylan into Hollers Superman and Boyd Crowder into Hollers Lex Luthor. S1 and 2 were so great because it wasn't about that at all. Shit, Boyd was straight up interesting. Now he just kinda looks good in a suit.

They actually write the characters telling stupid office jokes that people really do tell at the office into the script. That's just so funny to me.

But fuck it, Dewey Crowe is awesome. Bring on the bold decision neck tattoos!
I disagree, I feel that with every successive season they have really added depth to Harlan itself and the people who live there and at the same time minimized the "Raylan saves the day" shit by showing his limitations time after time. Boyd I kind of feel like they lost the handle on what they wanted to do with him this last season, but Goggins is amazing so it is hard to complain.I thought they were really going somewhere with that church bit and then it just didn't. Oh well.

This is one of the few shows that I think has gotten better after the initial stories the creators came into the series with are over.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Yeah, I think Justified has really only gotten better. Especially the last season, which I thought was great, with the badass Constable Bob.

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, the episode with the Gamecocks was fucking rofl. She just keeps shooting them both. And then she does it again.

I guess it's that they lost the handle on Boyd. The Waylan stuff is still fine, but in 1+2 you feel like there are really 2 protagonists in Boyd and Waylan. 3+4 Boyd just becomes more like a bad gangster than an Outlaw.

God damn, by the end of S2 I wanted Boyd to fucking WIN.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I agree with those saying it has gotten better every season. S4 was excellent and S1 was the weakest of the series IMO.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
The books were really just one book and made up about 3-5 episodes at best. The pilot and a few that followed were in a book called Raylan. And the faithfulness of the adaptation is so good, reading the book brings nothing new to the table.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'll have to rewatch some of this show. I beasted through it a few months ago and then I went back and read some of the posts about last season. I didn't even realize the whole show takes place in such a short amount of time. I feel like I missed a lot.

Elissidel_sl

shitlord
I wanted him to win this past season, too. He's just that kind of bad guy, you pull for him even though you really shouldn't.
Yeah, I just assumed everyone is rooting for Boyd. I mean, how can you not!? He is by far the best "villain" they have got. Although I have to say, Mags Bennett was right behind him. I thought her character was fucking perfect for the show. I really wish we would have gotten another season with her and her apple pie moonshine.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Boyd sure seems to be killing a lot of people already. I wish they hadn't spoiled the pool shooting scene in the previews, that was pretty funny. I like the red haired Crowe sister. Hopefully we will see more of her.