Justified (Season 5 - Jan 7th)

supertouch_sl

shitlord
This is probably my least favorite season. The storylines are all over the place and I don't like how the writers are ignoring Raylan's fatherhood when his family was a huge part of the show at one point.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
It's a good season but Mags Bennett's season is still the best. She earned and deserved that emmy.
Mags was great, but I am loving seeing the destruction of Detroit, the rise of the Kentucky mafia, and the inter-office politics. Raylan having consequences for his corruption and Boyd struggling to get back behind the eight ball. I am glad they haven't gone back to the well of "we need a big bad for the season" and have really dug into these established characters instead.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
This is probably my least favorite season. The storylines are all over the place and I don't like how the writers are ignoring Raylan's fatherhood when his family was a huge part of the show at one point.
I'm not big on the idea of watching Raylan be a bad father. His child being born was a big deal, but the early show always defined Raylan as a son, not a father. It only makes sense that he'd be as absent as Arlo always was.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
I watched the first four or five episodes of this and loved it, then stopped. I haven't watched since, now I go back and try and I just can't get into it. Seems like something I would like but it just isn't clicking. Oh well.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
It's a show that gets better with each season. I think the third season is when it really takes off. Boyd Crowder's role really grows from the first season and the show benefits greatly.

Elissidel_sl

shitlord
Yeah I really think the first season is the weakest, it just keeps improving every year. With that said, I still freaking loved the first season.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Danny Crowe's character is a load of shit. He's just here to cause problems. I know he's crazy, but shooting at Hot Rod's men made zero sense given that situation. How the fuck did he make it this far in life being this crazy? I've liked just about everything in this season except for the Orange is the New Ava story line and the repeated retarded decisions of Danny Crowe.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I figured they were killing the guys to get hired on a more permanent basis or something. Sudden shortage of man power and all that.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
If you re-watch that scene you'll notice that Daryl signals Danny and then shifts his feet, getting ready to open fire.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
That makes more sense. I didn't notice any indication that Darryl was in on it.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Yeah, it's a really short shot, like 3 seconds, and easy to miss. Boyd is talking to Johnny, and the camera cuts to Daryl who turns his head to look at Danny. Danny looks back at him and Daryl gives a very slight lift of his head, then turns back to face the other dudes. As he does this, you can see him kinda rock back and forth a bit, and you can even hear him setting his feet.

lurker

Vyemm Raider
Ok, I lost the plot somewhere along the line. Why is Art so pissed at Raylen for the shootout on the airport tarmac? Maybe I don't remember, but I thought a bad guy got eliminated by some other bad guys.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Ok, I lost the plot somewhere along the line. Why is Art so pissed at Raylen for the shootout on the airport tarmac? Maybe I don't remember, but I thought a bad guy got eliminated by some other bad guys.
Officers of the law aren't supposed to allow "eliminations"--even if it's bad guys eliminating other bad guys. In fact, Marshals are supposed to protect even guilty fugitives from harm. (Also, more specifically, Art pulled him off investigating the guy who was killed because he shot up Raylen's nursery, so Raylan wasn't supposed to be anywhere near him. And Raylan wasn't just a bystander, he is the one who dimed the guy out--so he kind of set up the hit.)

lurker

Vyemm Raider
Officers of the law aren't supposed to allow "eliminations"--even if it's bad guys eliminating other bad guys. In fact, Marshals are supposed to protect even guilty fugitives from harm. (Also, more specifically, Art pulled him off investigating the guy who was killed because he shot up Raylen's nursery, so Raylan wasn't supposed to be anywhere near him. And Raylan wasn't just a bystander, he is the one who dimed the guy out--so he kind of set up the hit.)
OK, thanks. Makes sense now.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
I can't believe how quickly this show has gone in the shitter after 4 solid to great seasons.

Goatface

still enjoying it, except for Ava's story as i got enough prison fun from SoA to last me a long ass time.

I have not been keeping up with what Yost has been saying but with the end coming they started tying up loose ends and i really don't expect a next season to have a big bad either.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Well, it's gone from being a show about Raylan to "As Harlan County Turns". The prison arc is stupid and boring. Dewey was great as a side character, not so much as a main. And, they've really drug (haha) out this "get the heroin" bit. Seems like Raylan's scenes are thrown in as an afterthought. Also, the fact that the local cops, feds, and DEA don't seem to exist in Georgia is a bit more apparent this season.