Justified (Season 5 - Jan 7th)

supertouch_sl

shitlord
This season was completely unfocused and Raylan didn't do jack shit over the course of 13 episodes. It seemed like he got plenty of screen time but I honestly can't tell you what he was doing all season in terms of investigations. He abandoned his wife and kid, started a fling with that awful social worker, and gave some wisecracks along the way. The Crows were also the worst antagonists I've ever seen.

lurker

Vyemm Raider
So Art is pissed at Raylan for being complacent in the death of Nicki Augustine but when Raylan does basically the same thing with regards to Daryl, he gets a "thanks" from Art. I understand we're talking about offing someone that tried to kill Art, but still, if Art were in character he would be annoyed. Maybe he doesn't know the whole story, yet.

Anyway, is Art coming back next season?

spronk

FPS noob
Marathoned through the entire season the past few days. Thats the only way to watch this show imo, there is just too much slow and pointless stuff in the beginning half of the season (like 24) to watch it week to week. Definitely looking forward to the last season, but will marathon again at the end.

I have to agree though that Raylan has become a pretty shitty character and hope they shore it up a bit next season. The lack of Raylan, Boyd, and Ava scenes together didn't help at all.

spronk

FPS noob
sugar cuban guy, dumbass assassin from firefly, and avon barksdales brother were casualties of raylan, but no solo shootouts afaik

I think the thing missing from this season is that we never really got a deep look into unfamiliar cultures. previous seasons were awesome because of shit like the crazy ass deep roots hillbilly families, christian cults, white power gangs, nobles hollow, mining company stuff, etc. this season was mostly dumbass self-destructive crows, womens prisons and cartel gang, and other shows do portrayals of those situations far, far, far, better.

the casting was also really bad. the bad guy from batman as a DEA agent? the bald guy from anchorman? wtf was that shit

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I didn't hate this season as much as everyone else, but the Ava in prison shit was a complete waste of time. I actually liked all the dysfunctional Crowe family drama.

I'm not sold on the whole setup for the final season though. I mean, Boyd has saved Raylan's life how many times now?