Justified (Season 5 - Jan 7th)

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Darryl beating up his sister and immediately signing a blood-pact with his nephew was pretty fuckin stupid. Are they implying that he killed her? Or are they implying that he is going to take the kid, while his mom is in no condition to stop him, to be his own little partner in crime? So stupid.

They really wasted Rappaport's character. It started out with so much promise.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is it just me or is Boyd one of the least successful criminals ever. Pretty much every major enterprise we see him attempt fails badly.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Maybe, but it was anti-climatic. I would much rather have seen Raylan shoot him dead, then say something cool/insulting about his dumb 21 foot rule.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Maybe, but it was anti-climatic. I would much rather have seen Raylan shoot him dead, then say something cool/insulting about his dumb 21 foot rule.
Yeah, but i guess that would've been too predictable. Although it damn well looked like he may have made that 21 feet.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The dialogue has really gone downhill this season. And Raylin's character just feels completely different. I can't really explain it, he just seems like a moron now.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Yeah, but i guess that would've been too predictable. Although it damn well looked like he may have made that 21 feet.
If you think Danny had a chance in hell then you've completely forgotten how fast and accurate Raylan is. Not to mention he only made it maybe halfway before his faceplant. Raylan is a quickdraw and a marksman. In most situations like this, a law enforcement officer will draw their weapon, even if they point it at the ground. Raylan most often just moves his jacket out of the way and rests his hand on the but of his gun, as he did this time.

What is strange is that Raylan had no idea what he was talking about.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
The dialogue has really gone downhill this season. And Raylin's character just feels completely different. I can't really explain it, he just seems like a moron now.
Yeah his character really seems useless. Struggling to want to bother with the rest of the season but I guess it's only 3 more episodes.

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
I still love the show but I feel like it went from 90% Raylin being awesome/10% stupid bad guys to 30% Raylin, 20% who gives a shit and 50% bad guys being stupid. I want to watch Raylin shoot stupid people and I want red neck lex to not get fucked in every episode. Byod isn't even fighting Raylin right now and he is just getting shit on.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I think you guys are going a bit far saying it has gone "in the shitter". This maybe isn't the best season but it's far from bad IMO.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I appreciate that, knowing next season is the end, they are shrinking the longterm cast down to the inevitable Boyd vs. Raylan showdown, while finally giving Boyd foot soldiers of a competence level equal to his stature in the crime scene (and capable of not getting taken down instantly by the US Marshals).

I just wish that setup for next season was done more elegantly, or at least entertaingly.
If I squint, I can see what the writers were going for with Raylan on the fatherhood angle, giving him surrogate children (Loretta and Kendal) and a surrogate father in Art he's disappointed; I'm just notentertainedby any of it.
Boyd is less clear - the whole Paxton/funeral home arc just seems like time killer from a distance, and unless dealing with the Crowes pushes him into full on Monster for the final season, it too just seems like a time killer.
And I have no idea whatsoever what is going on with Ava - the setup was preposterously inelegant, the proceedings have been disjointed and disconnected to the rest of the show, and I literally cannot see what the endgame is. (I guess she becomes Prison Queen, is shanked by the cute prisoner, and dies, pushing Boyd into full Monster in his kingdom? That'd be disappointingly standard.)

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I think they are just trying to do to much this season and they don't have time to do it. There are too many plotlines to give each one a fleshed out story.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Part of it is they had big plans for the alligator Haitian, but he decided to pull a Half Sack to quit mid-filming. I'm sure that fucked with the story quite a bit.

My episode cut off at the blood brothers bit between Darryl and Kendall. Did I miss something else? Judging from other commentary, I guess some shit happened to Art?

Goatface

art and raylan talk about danny. raylan talks about blonde chick needs protection, art says he will take care of it himself.

btw. noticed this on comcast last week. 1st airing was listed 10pm to 11pm 60 mins, then the 2nd 11pm to 12:30am 90mins. other guides had it listed right as going off at 11:15pm.

Goatface

that ringing in your ears is 2 ounces of emulex on a 10 second timer
Boyd owns

Vycron

Derives Perverse Pleasure
<Gold Donor>
art and raylan talk about danny. raylan talks about blonde chick needs protection, art says he will take care of it himself.

btw. noticed this on comcast last week. 1st airing was listed 10pm to 11pm 60 mins, then the 2nd 11pm to 12:30am 90mins. other guides had it listed right as going off at 11:15pm.
Mine cut out. Comcast was pretty good about this shit when Sons of Anarchy started running their overlong episodes. I felt like I missed an entire episode when startin this weeks show. Who beat the fuck outta the redhead?

lurker

Vyemm Raider
Mine cut out. Comcast was pretty good about this shit when Sons of Anarchy started running their overlong episodes. I felt like I missed an entire episode when startin this weeks show. Who beat the fuck outta the redhead?
Darryl

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I enjoyed this weeks episode. Boyd being clever finally by solving his issue and Duffy's. The Detroit guy was going to try and take over eventually. He was getting awfully pushy.

Glad to see Raylan not get the promotion. I would have liked to see it but it would be idiotic.