Justified

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I agree with the analysis that this really felt like a great season finale, but not a series finale.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That finale scene at the jail was just...fucking...perfect.
Boyd was a piece of shit but that final conversation really got to me. Do you think he bought Raylans BS about Ava. Boyd is Stuck is Prison, thinks his love is dead and doesnt know about his son. He deserved worse but I still felt bad. Tim and Groggins made those characters so great, better see them pop up in more movies shows

That conversation had me sad and then laugh out loud when Raylan brought up Jews in Miami

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
He was pretty amusing on Conan last night.

I wish someone would cast him in some legit westerns. Could really do well for himself and the genre.

spronk

FPS noob
i am really sad winona and raylan aren't together, but it makes perfect sense. that is an awesome catch about rachel being the marshal in seattle who sent raylan the pic, art took a phone call from seattle right before the 4 year jump so that was setting up rachel being promoted to head that branch.

great show and season and finale, would have loved to see more of everything especially duffy, markham, loretta, boyd in prison, and how harlan is doing after weed is legalized. Only thing that sucked this season was Cleetus FastDraw, he was a terrible character and waste of screen time.

There were apparently a lot of callbacks to the first episode of the show, will have to rewatch that and look for them. I assume the book the whiskey Art pulls out, the pumpkin stuff, Ava being twitchy about inviting in Raylan, and a ton more.

What happened to the 9m anyways? I assume Ava told Duffy exactly where it was, but he couldn't go and get it for at least a year or two I guess. By then everyone knows he was a rat though, so tricky times for him.

Thanks for a great series, Justified. I definitely want to go back and rewatch s1-3 this summer.

Elissidel_sl

shitlord
Boyd was a piece of shit but that final conversation really got to me. Do you think he bought Raylans BS about Ava. Boyd is Stuck is Prison, thinks his love is dead and doesnt know about his son. He deserved worse but I still felt bad. Tim and Groggins made those characters so great, better see them pop up in more movies shows

That conversation had me sad and then laugh out loud when Raylan brought up Jews in Miami
I know! That conversation had everything, even the perfect type of humor between those two. Fuck I am going to miss this show. To answer your questions, yes I did get the impression Boyd bought Raylan's story...at least in that moment. Boyd is a smart motherfucker, and has a LOT of time on his hands to sit and think. So it would not be a stretch to consider he eventually figures out the lie...and then start wondering why Raylan went to so much trouble to lie. I want a 2-hour movie about Boyd escaping and going after his son. I will also settle for another full season
smile.png

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I would watch a Loretta based spin off although it might suck. I really wanted some more of her.

The hat was the type that Elmore Leonard wanted Raylan to wear for the whole show. He hated the cowboy hat and Tim Olyphant said in an interview that whenever Leonard saw him on the set he would tell him "Don't be scared to lose the hat." Leonard was wrong though, Raylan looked stupid in that hat but it was a nice nod to him anyway.

I think Duffy got the money. I took the crack about him being on a beach in Fiji to be serious.

Pretty good ending to a great show in my opinion. Definitely going to miss Boyd and Raylan.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
For a minute there during the show down I kind of had the thought that Cletus was going to kill Raylan and Loretta and him take over Harlan as the new Boyd and Ava.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Will miss you Raylan and Boyd...and Tim. I thought the finale was great and was happy it ended the way it did.

Also, I'm guessing the showdown between Raylan and Boon proved Raylan was the quicker shot. It was clearly shown that Boon was an crack shot (rattlesnake head and all of that). Raylan's bullet landing first would've knocked Boon's aim off.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Call backs to previous episodes in the finale.

-In an early episode of season one Boyd refers to raylan's hat sitting high on his head, which combined with Quickdraw Cleetus saying he only goes for headshots explains Raylan living.

-Final scene between Rachel and Raylan, the hat comments references her asking him where he got his hat etc

-Novel he gives Tim was the novel that inspired Elmore Leonard to switch from westerns to crime fiction.

-When trooper takes Raylan in, and Raylan keeps bugging him he threatens to put him in the trunk, just like Raylan did with Dewey early on.

-Raylan's final words to Ava are direct callback to Ava telling Raylan that, "the minute you walked in I knew everything would be alright"

Karloff_sl

shitlord
Really going to miss this show, it was poetry on the screen. For a minute I almost though Raylan and Ava would finish together but too much bad blood I suppose. Graham Yost was on NPR last week and was a great interview other than the fact that the story is over... Bleh.

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
I absolutely loved this season and the finale. I'll be honest with you all, I was rooting for Boyd. Yeah he's a son of a bitch outlaw but for some reason that appealed to me. The one thing I didn't like was him killing that dude that drove him to the hill ... the one that gave him his son's clothes.

And yeah that conversation in jail was masterful.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
I really appreciate the image of Raylan being fine with getting the shit jobs in the office that he used to foist off on others when he was so angry/tied to the ghosts of his father and Harlan. A very happy ending for him. Also he and Winona are totally getting back together.