Keyboards & Mice

Caliane

$30 - Logitech - G502 Proteus Core Optical Gaming Mouse - Black

It's an amazing mouse if anyone is looking for a new one.
parts really stick out like that? pretty sure the first time my cat plays with it, and knocks it off the desk, it will break.

any mice talk in this thread seems a bit old.
Anyone have any other recommendations or advice on current mice?
looking to replace an mx-518. prefer corded.
2 side buttons all I need.

Last edited:

Xerge

<Donor>
parts really stick out like that? pretty sure the first time my cat plays with it, and knocks it off the desk, it will break.

Just odered https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01D63UU52/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 highly recommended despite it being my second one. There's not much fancy about it however the key feature is the big red button under the side mouse buttons. it can be rebinded to anything. Works great in MMOs and FPS. Simple enough to be effective but not littered with buttons every where.

Not sure about anyone else but I have issues with my tech that remind of transformers.

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Do you guys know if Logitech ever made a replacement for the G9 mouse? I've had on for years now and aside from replacing cables every year or so it's a solid gaming mouse. Just wondering if there is a updated version.

Palum

what Suineg set it to

Nah it's solid and it's rubberized plastic base it pops out with a bit of pressure to put the weight cartridges in for balance/weight.

Really great buy, the newer RGB version isn't changed much so you aren't missing anything going with the original.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>

The Spectrum just has RGB, otherwise same mouse. I love mine I've gone from an MX518 -> G5 -> G500 -> G502 Spectrum, wouldn't have it any other way, in 15+ years of gaming mice Logitech has never done me wrong.

Also, none of them ever broke. I gave away my MX518, G5 pads wore out, but otherwise fine, and the G500, I gave to my roommate on its second set of pads.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!

I've always preferred the g700 series. Enough buttons for most people but not a stupid amount. Can macro them if you want. Can also be used as either a wireless or wired (I use mine wired).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I've always preferred the g700 series. Enough buttons for most people but not a stupid amount. Can macro them if you want. Can also be used as either a wireless or wired (I use mine wired).
I like my 700s, but it's a little on the heavy side. Can never get my cable set up nicely to be very comfortable while gaming w/ it plugged in.

Caliane

oh, man, didnt know these were a thing. thats pretty cool. sadly, dont think they would work, for me. my mouse is on a satellite pullout. The pad is basically right at the end. I use a paper clamp, to hold the cord at the front of the pullout, in a loop allowing free flow of the mouse, while keeping the cord in place.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I've used a G 5 for years now (5+ I think), and it's still going strong, but since I picked up WoW again I feel the need for extra buttons. I'd love to be able to use my mouse exclusively for movement by mapping movement keys to mouse side buttons thus freeing up my left hand to only be used for triggering abilities.

So I've been looking at the G 600. Does anyone have any experience with this, especially with regards to WoW?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I've used a G 5 for years now (5+ I think), and it's still going strong, but since I picked up WoW again I feel the need for extra buttons. I'd love to be able to use my mouse exclusively for movement by mapping movement keys to mouse side buttons thus freeing up my left hand to only be used for triggering abilities.

So I've been looking at the G 600. Does anyone have any experience with this, especially with regards to WoW?
One of our dudes has one and hates it

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
OK, thanks for the tip. I'll just try and figure something out :)

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I have a g600 and love it. I can't play MMOs without tons of side buttons anymore. I started with the razr mmo mouse which I thought was great until I got the Logitech which IMO completely blows it out of the water.

Anyone going from a regular mouse to an mmo one will have a learning curve though. They are a lot heavier, wider and have buttons where you probably used to rest your thumb. I didn't realize how often I squeezed or even picked up my regular mouse until I got the razr and started firing off abilities just trying to move around. So I had to unlearn a few bad habits.

Next time around I'll openable buy a Corsair scimitar and try that out.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Argarth

On the verandah
When my G700 finally gives up the ghost, I will be a very very sad panda indeed. 9 buttons split up into 3 compact groups (+2 more on rock L / R wheel), and haven't seen a similar style/layout in another mouse since.

Still working sweetly (so far, gulp) after nearly 6 years of constant abuse. Would buy another tomorrow if they were still available.

edit - WTF. Just saw the 700s in a post up above. I must have been blind. Thank the gaming Lords!

Last edited:

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Next time around I'll openable buy a Corsair scimitar and try that out.

I've been using a Corsair Scimitar Pro since march and love it.

It has been a solid upgrade to the Razer Naga. The CUE software seemed a bit daunting at first but after taking some time to learn how to make macros and reassign keys it's now very easy to swap buttons around as needed. I use completely different layouts between work, Overwatch, and Everquest.

On a side note I also picked up a K95 Platinum keyboard and it is a dream to work/game on.

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
My friend IRL just had his mouse of 12 years die on him today. I tried recommending the Razer Naga Hex v2 as a general gaming mouse but to no avail.

He is looking for a mouse that meets the following requirements;

1. Works well with large hands is the prime factor.
2. Accurate sensor.
3. At least 2 thumb buttons.
4. Braided cord.

Any input would be greatly appreciated guys, thank you!