Keyboards & Mice

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
I've just never heard of rinsing a board with water

Electronics are only really at risk to water while powered on. The only risk while off is corrosion and there's not a lot I can do about that, the beer is far worse and had to be washed out quickly.

Such is life.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Well capacitors can discharge without power and that's what I'd worry about

If we were talking about some high power electronics I'd agree, but this is a USB keyboard running at 5v and 400mA

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
So Im an idiot and killed my Ttesports Poseidon with Cherry Browns last night with an accidental beer spill.

Recomendations on reasonable priced brown key keyboards with backlighting? (doesnt need to be RGB but I wouldn't turn it down)

I will only buy Corsair from now on. I've been through about 10 different brands over the years, and for gaming, they are just rock solid all around. A close second would be Deck. If you need to murder someone with your keyboard, ya get a Deck.

K70 LUX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard — Red LED — Cherry MX Brown

Products

• 1Solidarity

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Honestly I would just get another Te Esports Poseidon if it was still available, but they moved to their Z line which has Kailh switches and no longer offer Cherry switch models. I really liked the no bullshit of it, proper 104-keys with nothing extra, except back lighting.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Honestly I would just get another Te Esports Poseidon if it was still available, but they moved to their Z line which has Kailh switches and no longer offer Cherry switch models. I really liked the no bullshit of it, proper 104-keys with nothing extra, except back lighting.

Ya. Figured that. Get a Deck or like Noodle said a Ducky. The Deck 82 is built to last. I mean christ sake look at bottom of this thing!

Deck82_Blue7a_0.jpg

• 1Worf

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Just picked up a logitech g810 for 110 at best buy had a gift card from trading in he's old phone (galaxy 26th for 125)

I'm optimistic for the roamer-g keys.

Oh and also the rgb will be in sync with my logitech g602. #priorities

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Update: Son of a bitch! Got home and decided to give my old keyboard one last go, and sure enough its working fine. Guess it just needed some more drying time...

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Update: Son of a bitch! Got home and decided to give my old keyboard one last go, and sure enough its working fine. Guess it just needed some more drying time...
cool you got lucky, take a brush and lightly brush around the circuit board, the water dried and the "minerals" might still be floating around?

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If its powered off, the water doesn't concern me at all. You should be using distilled water due to what Lanx hit on. It's the impurities / minerals in the water that are conductive and leave residue behind that can lead to corrosion.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Oh I know tap water isn't ideal, I was not in a position to get distilled quickly and the tap water drying is far better than beer.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I've definitely used a bathroom sink to clean off my buddy's CPU when he slathered 18 chips worth of thermal paste on it.

Malkav

French Madman
Just bought a Roccat Sova MK for my 4k TV setup (PS4 with Xim and PC).

Haven't had time to test it out in game yet, but it sure is a nice practical thing for couch gaming. Not to big, sits well on your lap and not heavy either.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
So quick update, the G810 is awesome. I really like the G-Roamer keys, quieter with a shorter travel distance. Still feel good for games, but feels way better then my MX Browns for typing.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Ordered some 40A-L o-rings, decided they weren't springy enough. The place I ordered them from, mechanicalkeyboard.com, doesn't have the R variants. Any one know where I can get those without paying for stupid amounts of S&H?

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
Finally got around to buying Death Adder, best gaming mouse I have ever used. The rubber side grips are subtle yet incredibly comfortable.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
I was sad last month when my Logitech G502 Prometheus Core started randomly double clicking on single click. It took 3 weeks for Logitech support to get back to me but they are sending a brand new G502 Spectrum Core ( PCore no longer made ) free of charge. It was year 2 of 3 of the warranty.

Can't really complain about that.