Keyboards & Mice

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I've had browns at home and work for about a year, I still can't not bottom out, especially when I type fast. Same model, sounds worse at work. Probably just going to buy some o rings.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I've had browns at home and work for about a year, I still can't not bottom out, especially when I type fast. Same model, sounds worse at work. Probably just going to buy some o rings.
o-rings are mostly hit or miss for ppl, i tried two types didn't like em, your mileage may vary.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
If you don't have o-ring bushings on all of your keys, you're doing it wrong. Literally dampens mechanical noises by a good 50% with almost no impact to the weight of your keys unless you're using blacks. I have MX blacks, and the actuation force is so low, it sometimes activates just resting my fat fingers on the keys. I miss reds.

Also, regarding mice, I've tried so many different models and I always go back to my Mamba 2012. Which is basically a DeathAdder with a battery. Zero acceleration, 6400dpi, and 1000hz polling. The Razer drivers and application are annoying af, and you need to disable the tracking history or it can lag your shit to hell, but otherwise performance cannot be beat (unless you really like the ergonomics of the Logitech models, I just can't handle how light and cheap and flimsy the plastic feels).

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I can't stand wiresless mice. The ms lag is low but it is still there so it always feels a bit like you're controlling underwater.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Where did you buy yours? The simple black ones from mechanicalkeyboards.com are what I use.
my first set were actual dental bands way back when, then a tried a few different thicknesses from various ebayers.

honestly best, is probably to put a dab of glue on the underside of each keycap so that the bands stay in place, always feel like they be slippin.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I can't stand wiresless mice. The ms lag is low but it is still there so it always feels a bit like you're controlling underwater.

I never disconnect the cable because I game for like 16 hours straight sometime and also because fuck wireless lag. I just like the weight of the battery over the DeathAdder.

my first set were actual dental bands way back when, then a tried a few different thicknesses from various ebayers.

honestly best, is probably to put a dab of glue on the underside of each keycap so that the bands stay in place, always feel like they be slippin.

Not necessary if the bands are shaped specifically for keys. Mine never move, or slide down. Ever. Even after several years. Cherry MX Rubber O-Ring Switch Dampeners 70A Hardness (130pcs) by Mechanical Keyboards Inc

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I picked up a Corsair K70 Lux RGB with browns on Prime Day. First mechanical keyboard I've had, as I didn't want to justify the price. But I had been using a crappy ~$20 keyboard I had stolen from an employer like a decade ago, so figured it was time to upgrade.

So far I'm a big fan. It's still a little loud, so I dunno how you people cope with reds and blues (edit: Apparently reds/browns are about the same decibels. Just blues being super loud). But otherwise I like it so far. Honestly my favorite feature is just the RGB so I can have my PUBG keys lit up (even though it's mostly by feel at this point in my life).

Welcome to the club brutha!

Now snag some profiles!

hall of fame

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
For mice, I really like the size/shape/feel/w-e on my Mionix Naos 8200. Had mine for a couple of years now, the rubbery bits haven't degraded and gotten nasty like my old Logitechs used to. But it looks like that model's discontinued/abandoned.

They seem to be still producing the Naos 7000 though, which just has slightly different guts. I also see the 7000 pop up on MassDrop quite a bit, so there's some dedicated followers there.

Looks like you have 1 day left to get one through MassDrop for $45 (starting price $80)
Massdrop: Community-Driven Commerce

nazon

Molten Core Raider
I ended up getting the Deathadder Elite last night. Still getting used to playing FPS at 400 dpi but my accuracy has greatly improved.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I ended up getting the Deathadder Elite last night. Still getting used to playing FPS at 400 dpi but my accuracy has greatly improved.
Make sure you go into your Windows Mouse settings, and uncheck the Mouse Acceleration box. Also, not sure if the Razer profile defaults to 1000hz, but something you can change in the Razer Synapse application. I play at full 6400dpi, zero acceleration. Micro-movements are insanely precise.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
So Im an idiot and killed my Ttesports Poseidon with Cherry Browns last night with an accidental beer spill.

Recomendations on reasonable priced brown key keyboards with backlighting? (doesnt need to be RGB but I wouldn't turn it down)

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I never disconnect the cable because I game for like 16 hours straight sometime and also because fuck wireless lag. I just like the weight of the battery over the DeathAdder.

Not necessary if the bands are shaped specifically for keys. Mine never move, or slide down. Ever. Even after several years. Cherry MX Rubber O-Ring Switch Dampeners 70A Hardness (130pcs) by Mechanical Keyboards Inc
What's the difference in hardness and how did you chose 70A over the others?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So Im an idiot and killed my Ttesports Poseidon with Cherry Browns last night with an accidental beer spill.

Recomendations on reasonable priced brown key keyboards with backlighting? (doesnt need to be RGB but I wouldn't turn it down)
your board physically still works, so don't throw it away just clean up the beer gunk and if you ever need a spare cherry brown, desolder from that board.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
your board physically still works, so don't throw it away just clean up the beer gunk and if you ever need a spare cherry brown, desolder from that board.

I work in IT, it's dead. I immediately rinsed it out with warm water flushing anything out then left it outside to dry overnight.

When I plugged it in, no backlight, no USB detection, no keys functioned. Dead.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Wouldn't you have been better cleaning with alcohol?

You mean rubbing alcohol which is still 30% water? It was unplugged, and rinsed to remove any beer residue, which could include conductive electrolytes.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I work in IT, it's dead. I immediately rinsed it out with warm water flushing anything out then left it outside to dry overnight.

When I plugged it in, no backlight, no USB detection, no keys functioned. Dead.
yea, the logic board is dead, but you can always unsolder all the cherry browns.