Keyboards & Mice

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Any recommendations when it comes to those? I've been meaning to get one.

There's always one of these or a clone.

Code:
https://www.amazon.com/Antlion-Audio-ModMic-Attachable-Omni-Directional/dp/B01MCYRKY3

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My death adder died. Second in 12ish years

I have a g602 backup that I'm not in love with. Do I want another death adder or something else. Unfortunately the death adder is the best mouse I've ever used

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
My death adder died. Second in 12ish years

I have a g602 backup that I'm not in love with. Do I want another death adder or something else. Unfortunately the death adder is the best mouse I've ever used
how obtrusive is the razer software you have to use for the mouse? I've heard that as pretty much the only knock on the death adders. I have larger hands, and the corsair mouse I got as part of the mouse/keyboard combo is just too small for any real gaming

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I mean the Razer software is always running, you kind of set it once and it's done. I've had a few times where it's bugged out and RGB stops but I think people make it out to be way worse.

I'd ideally like something like my ducky shine where everything is done at a hardware level, but I know that's sort of a pipe dream

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
I mean the Razer software is always running, you kind of set it once and it's done. I've had a few times where it's bugged out and RGB stops but I think people make it out to be way worse.

I'd ideally like something like my ducky shine where everything is done at a hardware level, but I know that's sort of a pipe dream
but from a quality context, you'd recommend? I need something better, and I like everything else I've heard (including from you)

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
but from a quality context, you'd recommend? I need something better, and I like everything else I've heard (including from you)
The death adder? My first one, the original ones, only broke after repeatedly dropping it on the floor. In fact the mouse still works fine just the scroll wheel broke. I happen to use the wheel constantly so it was a deal breaker. This newer one lasted several years. The switch in the right click just broke.

Given how often I used it, $45 or whatever it costs is a no brainier. If you can check one out at a Best buy that'd be best. Some people hate the shape and weight, to me it is perfect.

Contrast to the naga which I despised. Felt cheaply made and very small/light

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
The death adder? My first one, the original ones, only broke after repeatedly dropping it on the floor. In fact the mouse still works fine just the scroll wheel broke. I happen to use the wheel constantly so it was a deal breaker. This newer one lasted several years. The switch in the right click just broke.

Given how often I used it, $45 or whatever it costs is a no brainier. If you can check one out at a Best buy that'd be best. Some people hate the shape and weight, to me it is perfect.

Contrast to the naga which I despised. Felt cheaply made and very small/light
cool, thanks. I'm gonna try one out. this corsair sucks (and it has its own software)

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The G602 is kind of growing on me a bit. Still gonna grab another death adder but I'm in less of a rushb

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Anyone tried the Naga Trinity? I like the idea of it, but wondering how it compares to the death adder in terms of weight and size?

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Anyone tried the Naga Trinity? I like the idea of it, but wondering how it compares to the death adder in terms of weight and size?

I did. The mouse is too high on the hump for where the button layouts outside the two button addon, because it has the rubberized grip below the buttons. The shape also makes it bleh to pick up while playing. Plain and simple I didn't care for the shape. Also the buttons for the MMO addon were too small for my gorilla hands.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I did. The mouse is too high on the hump for where the button layouts outside the two button addon, because it has the rubberized grip below the buttons. The shape also makes it bleh to pick up while playing. Plain and simple I didn't care for the shape. Also the buttons for the MMO addon were too small for my gorilla hands.
Thanks dude. How would you compare it to the deathadder?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Picked up my deathadder elite, $45 on sale on Amazon. Such a nice mouse. I think my last deathadder was the 2013 version, so this one is updated. The two main buttons feel a bit more sensitive than my other but I'll get used to them.

Imported my profile to the new mouse instantly and it was like I never used anything different

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Looks very similar to the Logitech G502. Nothing crazy in terms of buttons, just a simple mouse that works really well.

Argarth

On the verandah
What's cancerous about it

Ver 2 was ok, but Ver 3 (STILL in Beta lol) is now required for their new hardware. I bought a Tartarus V2 (gaming pad I can't live without) a few months ago, and thought Synapse was ok until I realized just how much extra bullshit they have been bolting on recently, including their storefront crap.

I no longer use it (went with an Open Source solution), but from memory it now has 8 processes running, uses way more CPU resources at idle than anything on my PC, and constantly hammers the registry, file system and network with its nonsense. None of the new bloat can be opted out of anymore, and trying to disable unneeded modules breaks it completely.

Considering the original Nostromo Speedpad (on which the Tartarus is based) had a fully functional local Driver/KB Macro package that was just a few megabytes in size, it's pretty much my definition of cancer. 🧂

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users