Keyboards & Mice

loudgas

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I have like 10 (tried like 20) mechanical keyboards. None reaaaaly suck. Even the cheap 40 dollar ones. Just that some are much better than others. It really boils down to size/software/switch type.

Out of my 10. The Corsair K65 stays on my desk now. Best gaming keyboard IMO as far as size/software/switch type goes (Red switches). Switch type really is your preference though. I would 100% buy a refurb, just an FYI. Get the 3 year service from Amazon. Save 50 bucks.

I also linked my cheapo work keyboard. 45 bucks. No software. Limited backlighing options. But solid as far as everything else goes.

The complete guide to mechanical keyboard switches for gaming

View attachment 208981

Are those keys standard with the K65? I recently got the K68, while I'm loving the responsiveness and general feel of the keyboard I am wishing the back-light was a bit brighter. Those keys look like they expose more light.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
No. They are pudding caps.

Spacebar and a couple others don't fit. Just a heads up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Snagged a 60% keyboard. Grabbed blue switches. They are optical blue gameron. They are a bit smoother on the bump than cherries. I really like them. Hell, they may be better than the cherries.

I also grabbed some pudding caps. They fit perfectly.

So

and these:

Equal:

Clipboard01.jpg

• 1Like

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not strictly KB or mouse related but... QI everywhere!

The new cordless-kitchen standard can deliver 200w to 2.2kW through inductive charging, but prices will be considerably higher than the original Qi.
qi_wireless_power_transceiver.jpg

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm gonna wait for more products to be on the market but eventually I'm gonna want a new Qi wireless mouse and a pad that's also a charger. One I've looked at the most so far is the Corsair Dark Core and the MM1000 Qi® Wireless Charging Mouse Pad.

I have that pair and am very disappointed in it. I don't use the Qi charging at all as the mouse overheats and stops functioning. Hell, it sometimes does that when charging while plugged in so I don't bother unplugging it anymore. Definitely going back to logitech next time.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Thanks for the heads up, bummer its not good.

• 1Solidarity

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, it's frustrating trying to find a mouse that's exactly what I want right now. The MX master I use for my Surface is great except the thumb buttons suck ass and there are only 2. Love that scroll wheel though.

Denaut

Trump's Staff
Wireless charging is slow, expensive, terribly inefficient.

I have a wireless mouse that I plug in maybe once a week to charge from a retractable USB cable that is plugged into my monitor and sits hidden under it until I need it. I use once cable for my headset, keyboard, and mouse since they never need charging at the same time. I don't recommend any of the wireless charging stuff.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
The only reason I even bothered with wireless charging was because that model of the dark core was actually cheaper at the time and the mat was on sale so I figured I'd give it a try. Even if it worked properly, the target area is small enough that a slight shake of my desk would move it and it would stop charging.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
So my Deathadder Chroma started having the double-click issue after more than 3.5 years. This is my 2nd Deathadder and my previous one also developed the exact same double-click issue after 6 years of use. I love the feel of the mouse, but I really don't want to be stuck buying a new mouse this often and I'm really sick of the Razer software bullshit.

Has anyone that loved the feel of their Deathadder switched to something that they think feels identical (or even very similar)?

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
So my Deathadder Chroma started having the double-click issue after more than 3.5 years. This is my 2nd Deathadder and my previous one also developed the exact same double-click issue after 6 years of use. I love the feel of the mouse, but I really don't want to be stuck buying a new mouse this often and I'm really sick of the Razer software bullshit.

Has anyone that loved the feel of their Deathadder switched to something that they think feels identical (or even very similar)?

Pricey but it's a better DA.

• 1Like