Keyboards & Mice

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
The first K95s were not particularly good on build quality. Corsair will replace them with new RGB ones if you complain.

I might give that a try. Not sure if it's been a full year yet, or perhaps more. Hopefully they're cool about it. It's getting pretty annoying. Some of the most used keys have gone out: backspace, F8, F9, insert, page up, numpad -.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I might give that a try. Not sure if it's been a full year yet, or perhaps more. Hopefully they're cool about it. It's getting pretty annoying. Some of the most used keys have gone out: backspace, F8, F9, insert, page up, numpad -.
desolder those switches and replace, get from ebay/amazon.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Typing on the K70 right now, and it's pretty great. Right now it's loud as fuck, because I'm not at all used to it and I'm bottoming out like every key. I'm going to have to get used to this, and stop bottoming out every key. :(

I feel like a noob, and all I'm doing is typing. wtf

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Typing on the K70 right now, and it's pretty great. Right now it's loud as fuck, because I'm not at all used to it and I'm bottoming out like every key. I'm going to have to get used to this, and stop bottoming out every key. :(

I feel like a noob, and all I'm doing is typing. wtf
try these, as to which one to buy? subjective
cherry mx rubber bands

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
try these, as to which one to buy? subjective
cherry mx rubber bands
Went with these...

Loving the keyboard so far, as after even just one night I can tell that it's easier to type. Getting more used to the key stroke differences. Very happy with this. My wife's first reaction was, damn, that's really red and your kids are gonna want to pound all over it. lol

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Went with these...

Loving the keyboard so far, as after even just one night I can tell that it's easier to type. Getting more used to the key stroke differences. Very happy with this. My wife's first reaction was, damn, that's really red and your kids are gonna want to pound all over it. lol
not to give you information overload, but since you're coming from a msergo4k, there really are 2 (3) options really for an ergonomic mechanical keyboard.

1. the TE truly ergonomic keyboard the ppl at GH and myself have had huge arguments with what are shills for the keyboard, however it is a fully production keyboard
2. the kinesis Kinesis Advantace this thing is as old as shit the base model was introduced in the early 90s (when there was an entire ergo craze), and they've just been slowly adding shit like USB and a window key, no really. This is what i currently use.
3. the ergodox ErgoDox - Custom split ergo keyboard., open source split ergo keyboard, i have no idea the current situation with it, if it's still on massdrop or whatever.

of course there are a few obscure options, but this will be your choices for ergonomic mechancial keyboard.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I just received my cherry mx rubberbands just wanted to test em out, theres a "slight" bounce, these feel like very thing bands, i think i'll outfit my board with them over the weekend, first i'll give my board the usual yearly cleaning first, i'll take out all the keycaps w/ a butter knife (i have no idea why ppl use those keypullers, never made sense) dump em all in a container and use the denture cleaner on em.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Anyone recommend a cheap mouse that has a free wheel scroll wheel? One that you can finger and it keeps going for a bit without the little bumps.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I have a $10 wireless Microsoft mouse at work that has no bumps on the scroll wheel

My death adder doesn't either

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
9XeFSN4.jpg

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yeah, that ain't gonna happen.
switches cost 1$, a solder sucker is like 10bucks, and the worst radio shack soldering iron is like $15 bucks.

desolder and resoldering a switch ain't bad, might take a few tries, watch a youtube video or two

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I'd love a K95 or K70 made out of re-soldered Cherry Greens but that would take fucking forever.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
after you've done it 10x, desoldering a switch takes 2s.

Learning to solder volcanos, i admit will take time
stock-photo-soldering-an-electronic-circuit-board-88912795.jpg

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Corsair K95 RGB Keyboard
had the non-RGB version, and sent probably 4-5 of them back every few months as my LEDs were going out... as soon as one went out, it was like a domino effect.
fortunately, once they stepped me up to the RGB version, I haven't had any trouble since.
042252FA26D94CBDB78DF00C3839E082.ashx.png

That looks sexy as fuck but if I spend €200 on a keyboard the wife will have my balls in a jar.

My Logitech G15 is giving out; the G7 key and a few others are not responding. This is vital as G7 is taunt on every mmo char I play. Halp.
I did find a tutorial to repair them but I don't think I can do it.

Are there any sub-$100 keyboards with at least 12 extra, programmable keys like the G15 had?
Don't care much for the LCD but if I can get one I'll take it I guess.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
That looks sexy as fuck but if I spend €200 on a keyboard the wife will have my balls in a jar.

My Logitech G15 is giving out; the G7 key and a few others are not responding. This is vital as G7 is taunt on every mmo char I play. Halp.
I did find a tutorial to repair them but I don't think I can do it.

Are there any sub-$100 keyboards with at least 12 extra, programmable keys like the G15 had?
Don't care much for the LCD but if I can get one I'll take it I guess.
use a shitty game pad and get a real keyboard? logitech g13

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I think we had this question on the old board but I'll trust it here:

What mech keyboard are people using at work? My Logitech at home would probably be too loud for the cube setting (it is eerily quiet, I'm against the windows with only 1 person on the side of me), so a decent build with a quieter switch. I'll probably just get another G500 mouse or similar. I'm not doing development work but still a lot of document, spreadsheet, visio, CAD, path loss, etc... work.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I think we had this question on the old board but I'll trust it here:

What mech keyboard are people using at work? My Logitech at home would probably be too loud for the cube setting (it is eerily quiet, I'm against the windows with only 1 person on the side of me), so a decent build with a quieter switch. I'll probably just get another G500 mouse or similar. I'm not doing development work but still a lot of document, spreadsheet, visio, CAD, path loss, etc... work.

If you're worried about a mech keyboard being loud, just don't get a cherry blue mx, then. Get a non-clicky board, from browns that are tactile to reds/blacks that are linear.

If you currently are using a logitech mech board, then you either have cherry blue mx or you're bottoming out, you have to clarify which.