Keyboards & Mice

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Logitech MX Master.
Been using MX518's for years, and I now want this mouse so bad. Damn it... Just made the switch to a mechanical keyboard and now this. Must be the year for new peripherals!

Thanks.

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
Picked up a K70 a couple days ago. The left shift is noticeably stiffer than the other keys (especially on the right side of it). The switch itself seems to take the same amount of pressure as any other key when I take the key off though. I don't know a ton about mechanical keyboards, but I am thinking of exchanging it if nobody here knows if it's generally an easy fix.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Picked up a K70 a couple days ago. The left shift is noticeably stiffer than the other keys (especially on the right side of it). The switch itself seems to take the same amount of pressure as any other key when I take the key off though. I don't know a ton about mechanical keyboards, but I am thinking of exchanging it if nobody here knows if it's generally an easy fix.
Desolder the switch and repurpose an unused key like pause/ctrl. You most likely damaged the switches internal leaf spring (it's amazingly really sensitive).

It's either that or you messed up the cherry stabilizer somehow
IMG_0331.JPG

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
Can't you live with it? What kind of switch did you pick?

Went with the browns.

Desolder the switch and repurpose an unused key like pause/ctrl. You most likely damaged the switches internal leaf spring (it's amazingly really sensitive).

It's either that or you messed up the cherry stabilizer somehow
View attachment 79948

Possibly. I took off the key (with the key remover) to add on a rubber dampener. I think it might be the stabilizer because when the switch is exposed, it feels the same as the others.

*Edit*

I just went and got it replaced. New one feels much better.

Last edited:

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I ordered a K70 from Amazon and twice in a row they sent me a Strafe with MX Browns in it.

So basically I said fuck Amazon and instead just ordered a Ducky Shine 5 RGB. Everything I read said the quality was infinitely better.

I went with blue switches because I like them the most (I know, kill me). Worst case I swap them out later of course.

Pretty excited to get rid of this old ass Razer Arctosa.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I've enjoyed my ducky one very much so far. But it's my first mechanical, so, take that as you may.

Kinda pissed they do limited runs because I wanted on for work and shits out of stock everywhere.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Well everything I read was basically there is no point in a corsair over a ducky. At only 30 bucks more that's a no Brainer.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
If the primary function is gaming I still recommend brown over blue. I brought my brown switch DAS into work and I dread having to go home to my blue switched BlackWidow. Everything just takes too much effort for how quickly you generally want to depress the key.

If the primary function is typing/coding and no one cares about the sound I prefer blue

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I wonder if I can even bring an outside keyboard to work. Ours are awful.
Duckys originally started out w/ the tenkeyless format (numpad is not there), specifically for the market that brings their own keyboard to work. This was a compromise to get close to the 60% size of the hhk2's that were widely popular

and tenkeyless is also very popular (cuz many use the arrow key cluster)

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
"Chinese hack DoD mainframe because of infected keyboard"

Quote stats about RSI (not start citizen) and the cost to the workplace having to deal with work related injuries. They'll either fire you or start a HR department to deploy comfortable chairs, keyboards, and articulating desks! We get like 2 emails a week telling us to take advantage of RSI vendors and pretty sure there is a budget set up to auto approve orders are long as you make the appropriate claim.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
There's a few options, Lenovo has a shitty looking mechanical keyboard if they still allow Lenovo stuff there. Dell might have something from their Alienware line.

I just bought a TADA68 chinese mechanical keyboard. 68% fully programmable, gateron black, white backlight, thick pbt dyesubbed keycaps and a layout that few enjoy but it's my favorite.

You can buy one here in ANSI US : TADA68

artsy shots
6mG3AsX.jpg

Cett3vU.jpg

on the desk (before I figured out how to turn down the lights).
QSZqjnh.jpg

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Lenovo isn't allowed in US financial or government infrastructure. They might be lenient sometimes on desktops but lenovo has done too many back door things.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Got the ducky shine in today. First impressions are it is super comfortable and super goddamn loud to type on (Cherry Mx Blues).

My Razer Arctosa took up so much desk real estate and I didn't notice it until I just got this. Gonna take my hands a few days to get used to where the keys are, especially with the Arctosa having such low-profile keys. I like that I don't have typos by fat fingering anymore.

I like the fact that I didn't have to download any software to control the keyboard, all the color stuff is embedded in the keyboard with shortcuts. I have a red setup going so I set it red, but might try out cool effects later.

For $150 it is sweet.

Need to do some gaming with it but so far 10/10 would recommend.

Cad

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Is the g502 the accepted standard gaming mouse these days?