Keyboards & Mice

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Anyone use Hyperx cloud revolvers? My headset is dying and this is generally getting the best reviews for the price (100-150)

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I have the HyperX Cloud 2 at work so I can't comment exactly on the Revolvers but the build quality seems pretty good and the audio quality is also good. I can't seem to get the headset to work but I'm pretty horrible at getting audio to work in Windows for whatever reason so good chance on user error.

That said you could probably get a better headset from an actual audio company. I just use a standing mic from Amazon I got for like $12 and that works out alright for voice comms.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
After having my naga for the past few years not sure how I could ever not have one.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Grab one, why not.
Bought one, but was too late to see Amazon had the same deal. Ordered it, so I got the deal but was sold out. Got a message this morning delivery is Dec 7th. Doh. Not in an immediate need for it so I guess not so bad.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
So my K70 Lux with brown keycaps came in today. Man, it feels so much smaller than my old logitech, mainly because it just doesn't waste space. If there isn't keys there there isn't keyboard there, unlike the g11 which has a ton of dead space around the keyboard.

I owned one of the original k65's I think it was, when corsair got into that market. I had liked the keyboard until it broke by spilling something on it.

First impressions of this are pretty good. I really like the black metal they went with, and the condensed form is awesome. I've got FPS keycaps coming that I'm going to replace WASD and 1-6 with. It's going to take a little getting used to typing on a mechanical keyboard again. It's so much the same but so different from membrane keyboards. I really like the texture on the spacebar. The backlight feels like it is crazy bright, but I think that's because I'm so used to not using one. I'll probably turn it off on this too. The red looks good with the black though. I may still pick up some dampening rings, but I'm going to wait a bit to see if the noise bothers me. At first note the browns aren't too bad for noise.

The Corsair software is still a little weird, though way better than it used to be. The lighting options feel pretty weird, I can't imagine that people really use these things while sitting at the computer.

I dunno, I think I'll be happy with it.

Crone

So my K70 Lux with brown keycaps came in today. Man, it feels so much smaller than my old logitech, mainly because it just doesn't waste space. If there isn't keys there there isn't keyboard there, unlike the g11 which has a ton of dead space around the keyboard.

I owned one of the original k65's I think it was, when corsair got into that market. I had liked the keyboard until it broke by spilling something on it.

First impressions of this are pretty good. I really like the black metal they went with, and the condensed form is awesome. I've got FPS keycaps coming that I'm going to replace WASD and 1-6 with. It's going to take a little getting used to typing on a mechanical keyboard again. It's so much the same but so different from membrane keyboards. I really like the texture on the spacebar. The backlight feels like it is crazy bright, but I think that's because I'm so used to not using one. I'll probably turn it off on this too. The red looks good with the black though. I may still pick up some dampening rings, but I'm going to wait a bit to see if the noise bothers me. At first note the browns aren't too bad for noise.

The Corsair software is still a little weird, though way better than it used to be. The lighting options feel pretty weird, I can't imagine that people really use these things while sitting at the computer.

I dunno, I think I'll be happy with it.
I've got the same exact keyboard, and I love it. Been out of work 2 months, and it's going to suck to go back to work and have to use a membrane keyboard at work. When I was first laid off, I could tell a difference in typing when I was typing on a mechanical 100% of the time. When switching back and fourth for work, I wasn't quite getting used to the mechanical and bottoming out the keys a lot.

I've not opened the Corsair software at all, so not sure what is really needed there. What does it do?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Over a week with the ducky shine and I can't ever imagine using another keyboard. Finally got used to gaming with it

Ducky shine plus death adder is life

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is that mechanical?

Probably unnecessary clarification:

There is NOT a "Ducky shine plus death adder" keyboard.

There IS a "Ducky shine" keyboard and a "Death Adder" mouse.

Enthusiast computer paraphernalia naming schemes makes this a legit possibility. :p

Logomakr_75DXo5.png

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
My G502 came in today and I kind of wish I did a little more research. The mouse wheel sucks :( Everything else seems good, I like the feel of the mouse and it seems like it has good performance, but man the scroll wheel is hilariously bad. It wobbles like mad and is just in general super loose, and it seems to be a problem with the design

Crone

My G502 came in today and I kind of wish I did a little more research. The mouse wheel sucks :( Everything else seems good, I like the feel of the mouse and it seems like it has good performance, but man the scroll wheel is hilariously bad. It wobbles like mad and is just in general super loose, and it seems to be a problem with the design
Well that doesn't make me feel good considering mine is showing up on Tuesday. :(

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I think it's something I'll get used to, but every once in a while I scroll down on a webpage and it'll just scroll back up because loose. If it wasn't for the scroll wheel the mouse would feel really good

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Probably unnecessary clarification:

There is NOT a "Ducky shine plus death adder" keyboard.

There IS a "Ducky shine" keyboard and a "Death Adder" mouse.

Enthusiast computer paraphernalia naming schemes makes this a legit possibility. :p

View attachment 100275
My Death Adder is the only mechanical Death Adder in the world, you can of course mod it with a a dremel, basic soldering and some hot glue.