Keyboards & Mice

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
So I've got one tiny problem with the keyboard.

The left shift key gets stuck if I hit it at the right angle. And by right angle i mean everytime I hit it playing overwatch. I guess it's a common problem on ducky.

Any idea how I can fix the stabilizer without replacing or rma?

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
So I've got one tiny problem with the keyboard.

The left shift key gets stuck if I hit it at the right angle. And by right angle i mean everytime I hit it playing overwatch. I guess it's a common problem on ducky.

Any idea how I can fix the stabilizer without replacing or rma?

I'd RMA it unless you want to try this.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah lame , I just opened it up and can see the part causing the problem. There's a piece moving that is getting caught. I could probably do surgery but don't really want to.

Not having much luck with mech keyboard deliveries... RMA time.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yeah lame , I just opened it up and can see the part causing the problem. There's a piece moving that is getting caught. I could probably do surgery but don't really want to.

Not having much luck with mech keyboard deliveries... RMA time.
probably the cherry stabilizers, Ducky seems to suck putting in cherry stablizers vs. using just the wire
B2yMX.jpg

3PwQm.jpg

Honestly if you already pulled off the keycap, try the some plastic safe lube, i haven't lubed so i wouldn't be able to tell you, honestly if a key feels mushy, i hulk smash on that key and it seems to fix it.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It's the stabilizer and wire are catching on eachothrer when the key is depressed. I'd open it up and take a look but I fear that is more than just unscrewing the backplate.

Lube would be a temp fix for sure.

It almost feels like the stabilizer isn't quite in correctly. I don't really know how to get in there though.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
It's the stabilizer and wire are catching on eachothrer when the key is depressed. I'd open it up and take a look but I fear that is more than just unscrewing the backplate.

Lube would be a temp fix for sure.

It almost feels like the stabilizer isn't quite in correctly. I don't really know how to get in there though.
you could just rip off the stabilizer, it's not like you need it really.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
They weren't coming out so I gave up. Popped them back in and the key is fixed. Must've slid it into place.

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
The left side of my G302 is now making plastic creak noises when my thumb presses on it. I seem to overwhelmingly end up with items from the shittiest production runs of electronics.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I'm gonna snag one of those g502's.

I really need a new keyboard, I was hoping the k70 with the brown keycaps would go on sale, but it doesn't seem like it. Any thoughts? I won't have much time to look as I work tomorrow from 2-10pm est. I feel like browns would suit me best, I don't want too loud, mostly play Overwatch and Hearthstone.

If any bro's see any good mechanical keyboard sales drop a line

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Newegg has the k70 for $85 right now. Slickdeals forum gives it 5 thumbs, so I guess that's a sale. Will grab one of those myself unless I see something more interesting.

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
Browns are still noticeably louder than a membrane board with most of the noise coming from bottoming out. If noise is a genuine concern I'd consider picking up some dampening rings as well.