Keyboards & Mice

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I don't have the mouse yet, it's on my christmas list and I expect someone will buy it(because I'm an adult and buy shit I need when I need it...). Just looking at reviews, there's supposedly two settings for the wheel: free-flying that lets you scroll through tons of shit really fast and...not free flying.

Mur

Trakanon Raider
Button behind the scroll wheel will engage/disengage free mode. It's easy to accidentally push it. Overall I am happy with mine, no issues in about 8 months of daily use.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Okay so random question. I'm pretty happy with my K70 with brown keycaps, the noise doesn't really bother me at all. Do dampening rings do anything other than lower the noise some?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
They reduce total travel distance. I think it's travel distance beyond the switch registering as depressed, so it's "useless" travel distance. Might be arbitrary and non-detectable to you. In the sampler I bought, they included rubber o-rings and if you're specifically looking for it, you can see the difference in depressed height.

Honestly, the sound of bottoming out doesn't bother me either, so I haven't done anything about it.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Free look sucks, I like my three line per click mode.
Just got my G502, and I might go with free mode. My MX518 didn't have it, but it was immensely easier to scroll. There is some weight necessary to push the G502 scroll wheel, and not sure I'm used to it.

I've been using MX518's for years, and even bought a few on Ebay to keep it going after some broke so this is quite the experience. Will take some getting used to as it's also bigger than the 518.

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
When I've had Logitechs in the past, I've been happy with click-mode for most things, free spin is a little too free for most office work.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
I've never used middle click on the scroll wheel, Ive always had issues with pushing it also registering as a slight spinning of the mouse wheel. Thumb buttons all the way.

I've had the slow evolution of MX518 -> G5 -> G500 and hopefully Christmas brings me a G502. I gave friends my 518, and G5 when I upgraded.

Just FYI if your pads wear out and you still wanna use the mouse buy yourself a roll of this stuff. Just cover your teflon pads with it.
CS Hyde PTFE Mouse Tape, Tan Color, 0.5" x 5 yds

Crone

Just upped the DPI... holy shit. Going from the MX518 to this is night and day. I thought the top setting on the MX518 was intense. This is amazing! I now understand how peeps can hardly move their mouse on the pad, but still go all the way across the screen.

Edit: I use the Middle button for quite a bit in MMO keybinds. I enjoy the G502 middle click a LOT more than the MX518. The MX518 middle click is way too squishy and feels like you have to really bash it to get it to register.

This is like going from my original Moto Droid smartphone to like a Samsung S6 or something. The difference is outta control. So glad I upgraded.

Crone

The rattle might be when you really flick it hard to scroll fast? Not really a rattle. But I just learned that the thing has 3 buttons on the scroll wheel depending on what direction you push. Has left/right and center. Wtf? This thing just keeps getting better and better every day. haha!

Crone

The rattle has appeared for my G502. It's when I move quickly left/right, and it's the middle button moving back and fourth. For some reason I haven't noticed it until today, but now that I've noticed it, it's super annoying. Ugh.