Keyboards & Mice

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I bought a razer Naga a few years ago and it felt like the cheapest hunk of plastic ever

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Ever since my G700 died last year I've been struggling to find a good replacement. I wanted 4+ thumb buttons, a good scroll wheel and something that would last. The last non Logitech mouse I had used was the old Microsoft intellimouse, which I would put right below the original MX518, which was the best mouse I ever owned.

Nothing from Logitech really interested me so I started looking at other brands. I ended up settling on a Corsair Dark Core RGB, as I found it on sale pretty cheap as a combo with the wireless charging pad. I figured I could live with only having 3 thumb buttons. Big mistake. If I actually used it wirelessly and had to charge it (wired), it would eventually heat up and stop working. If I left it on the wireless charging pad, I would have to wait a good 5 minutes and turn it off and on repeatedly to get it to start working.

Tried a Razer Naga Trinity next, which is my current mouse. Not bad, feels a bit cheap but it is light, and the ability to change out thumb button panels depending on what I'm doing is nice. I had heard nothing good about the software, but I haven't had any issues with it. I didn't even have to log in with a Razer account in order to use it.

Unfortunately it has now developed double click disease in the left mouse button after about 8 months of use. Combine that with it's garbage scroll wheel and I'm not going to bother trying to fix it, so I took a look at what Logitech has to offer now.

I think I've found what might be perfect for me, the G604. 6 thumb buttons and a scroll wheel that will switch between ratcheting and free spinning. The only downside I see is that it only works wirelessly and it uses a singe AA battery, which has its pros and cons.

The only thing I'd point out with that mouse is if you use a claw/fingertip grip it will be uncomfortable to the plastic protruding below the thumb. Palm group and those mice feel pretty good.

Logitech remade the MX518, and I'm really thinking about just buying that and using a bungie. Still to this day, I think it's my favorite mouse. I'm gonna give this Logitech G Pro Wireless another week, but I'm afraid my hands are a bit too big.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
The only thing I'd point out with that mouse is if you use a claw/fingertip grip it will be uncomfortable to the plastic protruding below the thumb. Palm group and those mice feel pretty good.

Logitech remade the MX518, and I'm really thinking about just buying that and using a bungie. Still to this day, I think it's my favorite mouse. I'm gonna give this Logitech G Pro Wireless another week, but I'm afraid my hands are a bit too big.

I use a palm grip, so that won't be a problem. I'd try the new MX518, but just 2 thumb buttons is a no go nowadays for the desktop. Otherwise I'd buy the MX Master 3, as I have the original MX Master as my mobile mouse. Best scroll wheel ever and the thumb scroll is useful at work.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I recently upgraded my main PC and am converting my previous box for use as a media center and budget gaming rig for my kids. It'll be hooked up to the TV in the living room, so I'm looking for recommendations for couch/lap desks and wireless keyboards. Anyone have preferences?

Last edited:

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Got my Logitech g pro wireless, best mouse I've ever used hands down (I play a lot of fps). Steep at $150 but worth

Axiel

Molten Core Raider
Can't understand paying over $100 on mice designed to break after a couple years.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Got my G604 a few days ago. Feels solid and well built, but not too heavy. It's nice to have a mouse for my desktop that has a good scroll wheel again. The only real complaint I have is I wish it could be used wired, but making sure I have a recharged AA ready is pretty trivial.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I have a G602 from.. a long time ago, and it still works great. It is heavy, like it sounds like your G604 is. I couldn't use it for FPS gaming but it was nice for MMO's

I am on my PC all day, and game on it >10 hours a week, so I don't mind spending a little more. Death Adder used to be my favorite mouse of all time, but the quality has gone downhill so bad over the years that I was tired of it. I have one new in box, because I knew my current one would break eventually. Probably just going to donate that to some kid or something.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Snagged another 60% keyboard. Wanted the blues. Added the pudding keycaps of course.

IMG_20200601_093358.jpg

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I use the Razer Ornata Chroma - its a mechamembrane gimmick or whatever but its been the most comfortable typing experience ive had on a keyboard outside of just using a good old MS ergonomic elite. However this is coming from the point of view of someone who doesnt actually use a keyboard in games but this is also the same keyboard i use at my home office and work office.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If I arch my fingers at all, while using the mouse is that considered claw grip? I don't flat finger it, but it's not a super arch either. Not sure what grip I am.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
This is my setup. Thinking about buying a quieter mechanical keyboard.

20200602_110112.jpg

20200602_110121.jpg

20200602_110051.jpg

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If I arch my fingers at all, while using the mouse is that considered claw grip? I don't flat finger it, but it's not a super arch either. Not sure what grip I am.
I'd probably consider it claw, but that's a real grey area