Keyboards & Mice

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I'd really love to have wireless headphones, but I just can't see them matching the quality of my DT770's, and the few wireless headphones I've had in the past have all fucking weighed a ton.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I dont think I've ever found a mic/headphone thats also wireless, that doesnt have one : shitty sound quality, or two: makes your ears/head uncomfortable af after a bit of use. There was some high quality wired headphone only ones that I found a long time ago in FYE or w/e that were excellent - but fk all for gaming. Had the huge plug for music applications. I also feel like thats why you see a lot of streamers with just a nice exterior speaker and standalone mic setup.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I'm looking for a good Tenkeyless Chiclet Keyboard. I work using a mac magic keyboard and need something similar for my personal now. Whenever I use it I constantly hit the wrong key and feel like more of a retard than usual when typing. My muscle memory is all fucked up.

I'd consider getting another magic keyboard I guess, but I like not having to dick with the bluetooth because I leave the work computer on when I am switching to my personal. My personal is a windows machine, work is a macbook.

Any suggestions?

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I'm looking for a good Tenkeyless Chiclet Keyboard. I work using a mac magic keyboard and need something similar for my personal now. Whenever I use it I constantly hit the wrong key and feel like more of a retard than usual when typing. My muscle memory is all fucked up.

I'd consider getting another magic keyboard I guess, but I like not having to dick with the bluetooth because I leave the work computer on when I am switching to my personal. My personal is a windows machine, work is a macbook.

Any suggestions?
It's not really a chiclet keyboard but the Logitech g915 TKL is pretty great. It's low profile so might solve your problems?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Ya. Wireless headsets usually have a huge flaw. Those that are light usually sound like crap. Those that are great sounding weigh a ton. I stuck with the Corsair Virtuoso's. They sound great sound and mic wise. Aren't too heavy with good build and padding.

aaaaaaa.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Daidraco

Also these are on sale....

I'm surprised to see someone mention these. They lasted me maybe 3 months before the bridge started cracking. The build quality on them is just horrible. Outside of sennheiser ever coming out with a "good" pair of headphones with a mic - Im just not seeing it happen anytime soon. I settled for some low-mid grade Elite Atlas Aero's and they've done surprisingly well - my ears just feel like they reach 130 Fahrenheit after an hour of use. Other than that, no complaints at all.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Ya. Wireless headsets usually have a huge flaw. Those that are light usually sound like crap. Those that are great sounding weigh a ton. I stuck with the Corsair Virtuoso's. They sound great sound and mic wise. Aren't too heavy with good build and padding.

View attachment 389251
I had these already, hated them. The build quality is solid, sound is good, and mic is great. Issue is that my ears kept touching the drivers and it drove me nuts.

The Stealth 700 G2s should be here in the next couple days and I'll report back. I'm REALLY starting to get attached to the Syn Pro Air, though. Lightweight as fuck, which usually means bad sound quality, but the sound is actually really good and the "superhuman" setting makes a massive difference in FPS' spatial sound. Only downside so far is that the mic isn't the greatest, especially compared to the Virtuoso's awesome mic (lots of tweaks can be done to fix shitty mics though) and Roccat's Neon software is extremely "beta"ish - doesn't even minimize to system tray. I imagine they'll work that out eventually though.

• 1Like

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
i've been using Steelseries Arctis 7s for several years now and I still love them.
1640197747553.png

The headband wore out, but it was just a few bucks to replace it with a new elastic band.

I love that they have an onboard game/voice volume mixer so I can adjust to hear friends when gaming in a group

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I'm surprised to see someone mention these. They lasted me maybe 3 months before the bridge started cracking. The build quality on them is just horrible. Outside of sennheiser ever coming out with a "good" pair of headphones with a mic - Im just not seeing it happen anytime soon. I settled for some low-mid grade Elite Atlas Aero's and they've done surprisingly well - my ears just feel like they reach 130 Fahrenheit after an hour of use. Other than that, no complaints at all.

Ya. I only mentioned them because they were deeply discounted. My daughter has some I bought her a couple years ago.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I work on a computer and game on a different one. My work computer mouse is some cheap ass Dell thing that is awesome. Fits my hand perfect, no issues at all. My home computer has been Razer mice for ages. The software is fine and they are really accurate and adjustable, especially when you want speed. The problem for me is it's really uncomfortable. Like my hands hurts after 30 minutes on it. I checked and the old Dell one has been changed slightly in the newer version.

Someone needs a rental service with about 30 different mice so you can try each out for an hour and see if it fits.
Any big retailer can be used this way, but of course, they don't have every model. I went through a dozen different headsets from Best Buy when trying to find a wireless one that would work. Some of them didn't get out of the parking lot before I walked right back in to return them for store credit.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Any big retailer can be used this way, but of course, they don't have every model. I went through a dozen different headsets from Best Buy when trying to find a wireless one that would work. Some of them didn't get out of the parking lot before I walked right back in to return them for store credit.
Works well for mice that they have on display, but I've found they rarely have the mice I actually want to compare. Headphones/mic combos are a different story. I've only ever been able to try them at FYE or something. Even then, a $150 pair needs like an hour or more to see the heat dissipation and fit. Which is just unrealistic.

Crone

Works well for mice that they have on display, but I've found they rarely have the mice I actually want to compare. Headphones/mic combos are a different story. I've only ever been able to try them at FYE or something. Even then, a $150 pair needs like an hour or more to see the heat dissipation and fit. Which is just unrealistic.
yea, I'm saying buy the mouse, take it home, use it for up to 14 days, and return it if you don't like it. Not talking about product they have out on Display in the store.

Crone

Looking at transitioning my gaming PC to a recliner/OLED setup and was curious about a wireless mouse/keyboard. I don't do anything that needs anything crazy, but wasn't sure if there were some decent preferred setups? I'll start browsing around Amazon.

Currently have a Corsair K70 LUX, and Logitech G502, but again not doing anything crazy. Those new Wireless Pro might be nice.

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
If you don't need anything crazy, the G305 is essentially a cheaper version of the Wireless Pro. It is a bit smaller though and the height is relatively low, depending on your grip.

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
I've had an MX Master at home and work for 8+ years now, best mouse I have ever had for productivity stuff. Heavy enough to be substantial in your hand, buttons are super accurate and not fatiguing, side wheel and top wheel are very useful and in good spots (I do a lot of side scrolling due to reading large documents), etc.

It's not a gaming mouse but if you're looking for work stuff, it's the way to go.
Took a little while but got used to this mouse and love it. Good rec.