Kickstarters

Maul

Dental Dammer
Haha yep. I don’t let new players pick him, I discourage Nyla and the pirate for their first game as well though they aren’t really that bad, just more planning than the other five. Took it to an open game night tonight, it was a big hit again. People love it and were looking at the current Kickstarter afterwards. It’s not just you guys I talk into blowing their paychecks!
You dopamine dice dealing motherfucker!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Came home to Unbroken and Throw Throw Burrito on my porch. Looking forward to Throw Throw next week when I take the kid's to visit my brother as I got the waterproof edition and he has a pool. Plan to knock every one of my kids and their cousins into the pool with the inflatable burritos.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
This looks interesting and cheap. It’s like you’re forging diablo gear with affixes and fighting with it.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Watched a couple videos on this one, looks really cool. It’s like they turned final fantasy tactics into a board game. Lots of class progression, unlocking and upgrading. Lots of loot and abilities. Art is cartoonish but not weeb.

GeneralF

Golden Knight of the Realm
So I thought Trudvang Legends was coming this fall but instead it's happening right now. Trudvang Legends Kickstarter

Campaign is in a rut right now, actually losing backers, but I think it looks great. I kind of fell in love with the Trudvang world (the board game is inspired by an rpg about celtic and nordic legends). It's pricey though, and the shipping prices scare me.

But how can you not love Paul Bonner dwarves?

9bcde-full-adjusted_med.jpg

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
So I thought Trudvang Legends was coming this fall but instead it's happening right now. Trudvang Legends Kickstarter

Campaign is in a rut right now, actually losing backers, but I think it looks great. I kind of fell in love with the Trudvang world (the board game is inspired by an rpg about celtic and nordic legends). It's pricey though, and the shipping prices scare me.

Looks cool, the art and minis are nice. I’m really fed up with CMONs Kickstarter model making all kinds of stuff KS exclusive, making you feel like you’re missing out on things if you don’t drop $300 for everything.

What’s wrong with the shipping? US seems reasonable, guessing you’re somewhere else? Why is Africa listed under the US section lol? I would say EU or China would be a more appropriate place to list Africa.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Looks cool, the art and minis are nice. I’m really fed up with CMONs Kickstarter model making all kinds of stuff KS exclusive, making you feel like you’re missing out on things if you don’t drop $300 for everything.

What’s wrong with the shipping? US seems reasonable, guessing you’re somewhere else? Why is Africa listed under the US section lol? I would say EU or China would be a more appropriate place to list Africa.

They recently fucked up the Bloodborne shipping estimate badly and never addressed the complaints or reason for the hike as far as I know. I think it was supposed to be 10-20 and it ended up being in the 40s on a $90 game for US backers and even worse for outside the US.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

I got to see people playing this today. The miniatures for it are cool, they have a good style. The dragon looked awesome painted, has a lot of character, didn’t look like a generic fantasy dragon. I thought I took a pic of it for you but not seeing it on my phone now :(

Yugamic

N00b
CMON games have typically been pretty safe purchases in that they can easily resell for cost or at a profit. What grinds my gears is how everything devalues by hundreds of dollars if you actually want to play the game and/or it's extremely expensive to replace exclusive pieces.

GeneralF

I got to see people playing this today. The miniatures for it are cool, they have a good style. The dragon looked awesome painted, has a lot of character, didn’t look like a generic fantasy dragon. I thought I took a pic of it for you but not seeing it on my phone now :(

It's fine man, thanks anyway! Did the people playing it seem to have fun? Impressions on the game are impossible to find.

GeneralF

CMON games have typically been pretty safe purchases in that they can easily resell for cost or at a profit. What grinds my gears is how everything devalues by hundreds of dollars if you actually want to play the game and/or it's extremely expensive to replace exclusive pieces.

In this case I think it will be really easy to resell as if the trend continues, there won't be that many backers left when the campaign finishes. Those stretch goals are gonna be rare AF. I very much want to play it though, hoping for another winner from Eric Lang.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
It's fine man, thanks anyway! Did the people playing it seem to have fun? Impressions on the game are impossible to find.

The game I saw one guy was really into it I said “is this cool?” And he said “yeah it’s awesome!” the other person was just concentrating on the board. I’m not sure if they were far into the game or just starting, it looked like each area of the board just had one mini on it? I’m not sure if it was area control or what, haven’t read up on the rules. I just kind of checked out the board and minis for a couple minutes and moved on to the painted versions in the glass case.

• 1Like

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
A dude at work plays it and he’s obsessed with it. I think it’s all he plays. That’s the extent of my knowledge though, I’ve never played.

I remember playing some Battletech PC games back in the early 90s but they weren't as good as Mech Warrior 2 so never followed it ha ha. Doesn't look bad and it has a low price of entry so have it flagged to remember. Just a heads up though this company is the one that did Shadow Run Sprawl Ops and got screwed over royally by their last distributor and several people (including me) got double copies of Shadow Run and non American folks are still waiting as far as I know for distribution. They are paying for shipping on the folks that got two copies to send one back and swear they will make it right for everyone but just a heads up the same.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Reprint and an expansion for Rise of the Necromancers. Looks pretty cool and decently priced, probably something I would pick up if I was already overloaded.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Looks like a cheaper alternative to Kingdom Death. Interesting explore mechanics. Kinda cool you start battles weak and everyone ramps up in power as you die, definitely sounds fun.

Maul

Dental Dammer
I thought I saw a new everdell expansion on kickstarter starting today but now I cant seem to find anything about it, probably for the best!