Kickstarters

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Oof, another one that looks awesome. There’s a cheap print and play option for anyone that’s into that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Njals

<Bronze Donator>

Another fun game landed!

Ha ha they changed the modifier line on the north track from " they do look pretty cute" to "has undetected terminal cancer". Guessing Kickstarter wasn't cool with that one. Got in on the early bird just before it expired. Should be a simple fun game to play with non board game folks.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Etherfields from Awaken Realms is live. Looks crazy as usual from them.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Was just coming here to follow-up on both of these Kickstartesr, thanks Hateyou. My wallet be damned!

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
I've been following the same 2 as well! I went in on DTA, I have the season 2 battle chest already, so I went with the $132 bundle. I am tempted to get the $60 minis, but honestly I'm not a huge mini person or painter, so I think the standees will do just fine. Maybe I'll add them on later, who knows. Dice Thrones has been a big hit in my group, mainly because it's not as "heavy" as some other games, and who doesn't like yahtzee?

I'm gonna pass on Etherfields.......I'm still waiting on Tainted Grail, which is my first AR game. We will see how their products are. They seem to be churning out a lot of games chock full of minis that may or may not enhance gameplay.....I'm a little worried they are heading the way of CMON. The other thing I noticed is that you can by AR games at retail, so it's no real loss to wait when I have so many games to play already. If it turns out to be really good I'll just pick it up on Amazon some day.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I've been following the same 2 as well! I went in on DTA, I have the season 2 battle chest already, so I went with the $132 bundle. I am tempted to get the $60 minis, but honestly I'm not a huge mini person or painter, so I think the standees will do just fine. Maybe I'll add them on later, who knows. Dice Thrones has been a big hit in my group, mainly because it's not as "heavy" as some other games, and who doesn't like yahtzee?

I'm gonna pass on Etherfields.......I'm still waiting on Tainted Grail, which is my first AR game. We will see how their products are. They seem to be churning out a lot of games chock full of minis that may or may not enhance gameplay.....I'm a little worried they are heading the way of CMON. The other thing I noticed is that you can by AR games at retail, so it's no real loss to wait when I have so many games to play already. If it turns out to be really good I'll just pick it up on Amazon some day.

I’m in the same boat. No etherfields for me, and I’m going to reel my pledge back on DTA. I don’t want the miniatures, but it looks like that’s the only way to get the rosella gifts? I’ll have to read it better after work.

Maul

Dental Dammer
I’m in the same boat. No etherfields for me, and I’m going to reel my pledge back on DTA. I don’t want the miniatures, but it looks like that’s the only way to get the rosella gifts? I’ll have to read it better after work.
DTA pledge levels seem all over the place, forced painted minis? :/

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
DTA pledge levels seem all over the place, forced painted minis? :/

They’ll probably add unpainted ones. They usual listen to customer feedback. I imagine another pledge level or two will get created at some point.

Maul

Dental Dammer
They’ll probably add unpainted ones. They usual listen to customer feedback. I imagine another pledge level or two will get created at some point.
Its either this or Etherfields for me at the moment, im already balls deep in Middara this month and trial by trolly. I'm kinda leaning more towards DTA at the moment, with the Season one $132 pledge.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider

Nope, you get the Rosella gifts also at the $132 (Latest Loot) level.

The $100 price difference between the 2 levels is that the $231 level also gets you a playmat, dice tray, sleeves, and the painted miniatures. If you take the $60 out for the miniatures, that means you are paying $40 for sleeves, playmat, and dice tray. Personally, I don't sleeve my games (sacrilege!), I don't know if this game needs playmats (I've been doing fine without one), and I use my TMB dice tray for this game already.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Nope, you get the Rosella gifts also at the $132 (Latest Loot) level.

The $100 price difference between the 2 levels is that the $231 level also gets you a playmat, dice tray, sleeves, and the painted miniatures. If you take the $60 out for the miniatures, that means you are paying $40 for sleeves, playmat, and dice tray. Personally, I don't sleeve my games (sacrilege!), I don't know if this game needs playmats (I've been doing fine without one), and I use my TMB dice tray for this game already.

These sleeves are fuckin awesome though, every character gets their own, check out sleeves vs not sleeved. Not sleeved every card looks the same.

They’re gorgeous in the game.
image.jpg

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Its either this or Etherfields for me at the moment, im already balls deep in Middara this month and trial by trolly. I'm kinda leaning more towards DTA at the moment, with the Season one $132 pledge.

I’m definitely going DT over etherfields. Ether fields looks neat but I have a glut of heavy games already. DT is so easy to teach that it gets a lot of play. Sets up in less than a minute. It’s fantastic. Hits the table more than any other game I have honestly, so many people like it.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
These sleeves are fuckin awesome though, every character gets their own, check out sleeves vs not sleeved. Not sleeved every card looks the same.

They’re gorgeous in the game.

*desire to sleeve intensifies*

Oooh....that's dirty. That really does look good. I didn't realize they weren't the generic cellophane looking sleeves.

Buuuut.... it looks like the $231 bundle only includes sleeves for DTA and the Treant and Ninja characters. So I'm assuming the Season 1 and 2 sleeves are only available via their website.

[Edit] Yeah I just checked their website. Season 1 sleeves are $25, Season 2 are $35.

Next question, with all the cards sleeved, do they still fit easily into the character trays?

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Season 1 or 2 though? Or both!

My suggestion to you....

So, I got Season 2 already. I only found out about this game like a month ago. The reason I got Season 2 is because the battle chest is such SUPERB packaging. All 8 characters in one box. Really great artwork, the trays are fantastic. Season 1, on the other hand, was not as uniform, and there was always the hint that they would upgrade it. Guess what, they did! The upgrade is now!

However, you will not be able to get your hands on Season 1: Rerolled or DTA until July 2020, so about a year from now. And there is zero sense in getitng the old season 1.

So my suggestion is to buy the Season 2 battle chest from their website. I think it took about 2 weeks for me to get it. This will give you about a week to play it before the DTA KS closes. If you end up liking Season 2, then you can do as I am and pledge for the $132 level, which will get you the new Season 1 as well as DTA. Then you will end up with all the available content, minus the extras (sleeves, minis, tray, etc).

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
*desire to sleeve intensifies*

Oooh....that's dirty. That really does look good. I didn't realize they weren't the generic cellophane looking sleeves.

Buuuut.... it looks like the $231 bundle only includes sleeves for DTA and the Treant and Ninja characters. So I'm assuming the Season 1 and 2 sleeves are only available via their website.

[Edit] Yeah I just checked their website. Season 1 sleeves are $25, Season 2 are $35.

Next question, with all the cards sleeved, do they still fit easily into the character trays?

Yes it all fits perfectly. This game has the best packaging of any game I own, it’s fantastic. It gets comments from everyone on how well designed it is.

You can get the sleeves cheaper through the Kickstarter, they are add-ons. If you get s2 through the shop instead of the KS though I’d get the s2 sleeves at the same time.

Image of the packaging greatness.

image.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 2 users