Kickstarters

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
I've followed Tainted Grail on and off for a bit, never pulled the trigger on the kickstarter though, and it looks like no more orders are being accepted. Is there a recommended place to look for sales at this point? I'm assuming things like ebay maybe?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I've followed Tainted Grail on and off for a bit, never pulled the trigger on the kickstarter though, and it looks like no more orders are being accepted. Is there a recommended place to look for sales at this point? I'm assuming things like ebay maybe?

Yep, EBay. There are a bunch of listings from people who bought extra just for that purpose.

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Yep, EBay. There are a bunch of listings from people who bought extra just for that purpose.

Thanks, I'm sure I'll have to pay a premium, but watching some reviews and playthroughs, game looks great.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Friend just showed me that Divinity has a board game, haven't had a chance to look it over yet. Any opinions from anyone here?

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
It looks interesting. I loved Divinity as a PC game, I have no idea how well it will translate as a board game. I personally have not "crossed-over", i.e. I haven't played any board games that were originally computer games (like Fallout, WoW, etc), and I don't play board games on my phone or PC. That *may* change when the Gloomhaven PC game comes out, but I'm undecided.

I have a lot of these deep campaign board games coming in, like Midarra and Oathsworn, so I don't know if I want another one. I definitely won't have the time. Come to think of it, I am getting KDM for Christmas, so that's another long game to go with my current GH and TG campaigns.

The game also seems pretty expensive, no idea if it's worth it or not, but definitely a lot of component creep happening in board gaming lately.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Tainted Grail is doing the reverse and making a video game after the board game. They are not directly translating it, they are making a video game based on it with same characters, monsters, etc but different mechanics.

Maul

Dental Dammer
Few new kickstarters

Look interesting, I think the dark tower is too pricey though for what it is.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Maul Maul I backed Fireball island from them and wasn’t really impressed for how much it cost. The island was flimsy and warped and the box was garbage corrugated cardboard. They had a ton of complaints and acknowledged them (and offered a $75 (lmao) alternative to the box from broken token) so maybe they learned their lesson. They tried to pass off the warped boards as a ‘feature’ saying everyone’s board and experience is different. I don’t know why anyone would give a fuck about that unless they are playing on multiple peoples copies. Unless you have a nostalgic hard on for dark tower I would be wary.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
I don't own any Cole Wehrle games, I missed out on both Root and Pax Pamira, both of which I haven't played, but I keep hearing great things about them. Anyways, Cole just KSd his newest game:

So for those interested, take a gander. I think I will back this one just so I get an idea of what all the hype is about his game design. My group tends to enjoy coops more than PvP, but we will see how this goes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Maul

Dental Dammer
Maul Maul I backed Fireball island from them and wasn’t really impressed for how much it cost. The island was flimsy and warped and the box was garbage corrugated cardboard. They had a ton of complaints and acknowledged them (and offered a $75 (lmao) alternative to the box from broken token) so maybe they learned their lesson. They tried to pass off the warped boards as a ‘feature’ saying everyone’s board and experience is different. I don’t know why anyone would give a fuck about that unless they are playing on multiple peoples copies. Unless you have a nostalgic hard on for dark tower I would be wary.
That's good to know, I was on the fence trying to decide on it but I think it's a pass, there are too many other good games coming out soon on kickstarter to throw money at that one. Shiver me timbers looks good though as does that Oath.

I should just delete kickstarter from my apps and never return, fucking site!

faille

Molten Core Raider
I don't own any Cole Wehrle games, I missed out on both Root and Pax Pamira, both of which I haven't played, but I keep hearing great things about them. Anyways, Cole just KSd his newest game:

So for those interested, take a gander. I think I will back this one just so I get an idea of what all the hype is about his game design. My group tends to enjoy coops more than PvP, but we will see how this goes.
Definitely right up my alley but friend in my gaming group already backing it so no need to double up.

Any good coops you can recommend? I think I've played most of the good ones but haven't checked in a while.
Also on the lookout for a decent 5 player legacy game. leaning towards charterstone, but I've already played it which I think might give me too much of an edge

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My current favorite co-ops are Spirit Island, Time Stories, Unlock!, And Marvel Champions.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Definitely right up my alley but friend in my gaming group already backing it so no need to double up.

Any good coops you can recommend? I think I've played most of the good ones but haven't checked in a while.
Also on the lookout for a decent 5 player legacy game. leaning towards charterstone, but I've already played it which I think might give me too much of an edge

You can get Seafall for super cheap on Amazon. I picked it up for $13.50 a while back, I think it normally sits around $20.

It's a 5 player legacy game, but it didn't catch on and got middling reviews, I think because of a runaway leader affect.

That being said, it is a heavy box with a lot of components, and I think its a steal at $20 for what you get.

I haven't had a chance to play it yet because there is so much else getting to the table these days (Gloomhaven, Tainted Grail, Aeons End), but I have 3 people lined up for it, and it plays up to 5, so I think once I get another couple to play I'm going to take a stab at it.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I’ve pretty much fallen off of Kickstarters as I’ve reached a point where I have too many big games to actually find enough time to play them all. Been eyeing more kid oriented games that I could play with my son in the mean time, think I’ll try this one. Trying to get him into more complex stuff that he would stay interested in, think the art for this one would do that.

Maul

Dental Dammer
I’ve pretty much fallen off of Kickstarters as I’ve reached a point where I have too many big games to actually find enough time to play them all. Been eyeing more kid oriented games that I could play with my son in the mean time, think I’ll try this one. Trying to get him into more complex stuff that he would stay interested in, think the art for this one would do that.

I've been feeling the same recently, I have all the imperial assault content to go through (although I'm holding off tiol my youngest is about a year older so he can play also).

I will back Frosthaven but that's about it for me.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I've been feeling the same recently, I have all the imperial assault content to go through (although I'm holding off tiol my youngest is about a year older so he can play also).

I will back Frosthaven but that's about it for me.

We’ve only played three scenarios in Gloomhaven. We like it but it’s rare for my group of three to get together to play it. So I probably won’t be doing frosthaven.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I've ran into the issue of space with these giant Kickstarters. I literally can't justify taking up that much space for a game I'll play a few dozen times. With something like Gloomhaven it's a bit different because I will play that at least 50 times and I'll have no remorse about giving it away after.

Let's take something like Dark Tower. I've played that since it came out in 81? and my family has a strong affinity for it. Even so dropping 250 on something that takes a ton of space and won't get played that much would be stupid. My own family loves Arcadia quest. I own almost everything for it. Why would I get another giant Cmon game? Ok, maybe one more but that's it...

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I’m going to try selling a few of my games. I have all of the dominion games, haven’t played in years. All of the quarriors, again years. I could clear out 3-4 cubes in my Kallax of games I never play and probably won’t break out ever again.

Maul

Dental Dammer
I've ran into the issue of space with these giant Kickstarters. I literally can't justify taking up that much space for a game I'll play a few dozen times. With something like Gloomhaven it's a bit different because I will play that at least 50 times and I'll have no remorse about giving it away after.

Let's take something like Dark Tower. I've played that since it came out in 81? and my family has a strong affinity for it. Even so dropping 250 on something that takes a ton of space and won't get played that much would be stupid. My own family loves Arcadia quest. I own almost everything for it. Why would I get another giant Cmon game? Ok, maybe one more but that's it...
How old are your kids? I was looking at Arcadia quest but it seems out of print cycle for things like pets/beyond the grave in the UK at the moment. I think mine may enjoy it.

Also Hateyou Hateyou what pledge level did you do on that kickstarter? I love neoprene mats but their storage is a pain in the ass if they arent in the game box

Last edited: