Kickstarters

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
New one from Chip Theory…without chips!

Looks like they made this one specifically to address their complexity and cost complaints people have. Brand new IP, solo, free shipping. I’m interested, I take the small TMB games with me on work travel sometimes and play solo. There’s also a TMB version and Hopplomachus version.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yep decided on the all in. Price by itself is $30 and would like to do the Hoplomachus one for my dad so $65 for all three is cool.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
I went all-in as well. Suckered in by the free shipping! That goes a long ways these days. Also it's like getting 3 games in one so a good price point.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Man if that’s anywhere near as complex as the video game I could not see that being fun. Way too many things to keep track of and constant math. I feel like you’d have to be checking your artifact effects constantly. I couldn’t see myself ever spending the time and energy setting that up when the iPad version is just so accessible and no setup or tear down. Hopefully they dumbed it down a bit for the physical version. The art and cards would be cool to have.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
I actually really enjoyed this game on console/PC. However, like you mentioned, there’s a lot to keep track of that’s simply done better by the computer rather than manually. Also the price point is $100 for a card game. It does come with sleeves though. The minis are superfluous. This is the type of game I can see being around $50 on discount in retail, if not better. No KS exclusives so I’m just gonna sit this one out and wait for it to go on sale after it hits retail.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I'd back Elden Ring right now if they'd offer high quality plastic standees for everything instead of giant molded plastic stuff. Image what you could get in one box. As it is there's no way I want to fit that in my game storage area. I know there is a version with some standees.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Idk, they fucked up Dark Souls pretty badly. It was painfully obvious they didn’t play test it. Or if they did, they’re retarded and don’t understand what makes a board game fun.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah never touching a Steamforged Games release ever again and I tell everyone about the my Dark Souls experience.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

FSHSchmo

Trakanon Raider
Yeah never touching a Steamforged Games release ever again and I tell everyone about the my Dark Souls experience.
I got "lucky" and had preordered the collectors edition book which was delayed. After a month of emails, excuses, and me leaving a bad review on their Google page about how shitty of a company they were, I got a full refund and avoided that shit pile of a book.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Marvel United: Multiverse just dropped, get ready to have your wallets raped.

I see more and more products being produced with this goofy, infantile, Funko Pop'ish art direction and I hate it.

What happened to:
xmen.jpg

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I mean comic book style aesthetics are some of the coolest animated aesthetics out there. You have to TRY to fuck this up (unless you're that guy from the '90s who couldn't draw feet, forget his name). And they go with funko pop style where everyone looks like a fucking mis-proportioned midget.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
When your target audience is a bunch of consoomer zoomer funko pop fans…

• 3Like

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My $1400 Skinny Mini package arrived and they look fantastic. For those of you that want an extremely good-looking and economical option over traditional tabletop minis, give them a shot. I can't recommend them highly enough. The art online doesn't do them justice.

P.S. I have zero ties to the company or have any kind of affiliate status. They're just a great, inexpensive product.

• 3Like