Kickstarters

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah wasn’t expecting that one lol. Nice that they’re doing minor rebalance on s2 also. I’m in!

Maul

Dental Dammer
Yeah wasn’t expecting that one lol. Nice that they’re doing minor rebalance on s2 also. I’m in!
I've got marvel incoming and I'm pondering if I should just all in on the rest of the dice throne shit.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Dice Throne is a top 5 game for me, I think it's one of the funnest PvP board games out there, and I also really liked DTA for coop.

I have all of season 1 and 2 as well as DTA, and for me that was plenty of content - for now.

I did not get Marvel, nor am I getting this Xmas box, since I feel like I have enough to play with for now. I am also not a Marvel fan at all, but if I was I'm pretty sure I would have gotten the Marvel set.

I really would like the upgraded boards for the S2 characters they mentioned, but I don't see value, for me at least, spending $50 for these 2 characters, on top of the upgraded boards.

There is also the slim chance these 2 characters get rolled into one of the larger boxes in the future, at which point I might get them.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
I'm still waiting to see if I actually get the Marvel ones first.

I will probably buy DTA, however. My group is way more RPG minded, and that should help out a lot. Dice Throne is okay, but not really in their wheelhouse. Upgraded decks would be.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I've got marvel incoming and I'm pondering if I should just all in on the rest of the dice throne shit.
I would if you have steady group. It’s great. Having all the characters to choose from is awesome.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Dice Throne is a top 5 game for me, I think it's one of the funnest PvP board games out there, and I also really liked DTA for coop.

I have all of season 1 and 2 as well as DTA, and for me that was plenty of content - for now.

I did not get Marvel, nor am I getting this Xmas box, since I feel like I have enough to play with for now. I am also not a Marvel fan at all, but if I was I'm pretty sure I would have gotten the Marvel set.

I really would like the upgraded boards for the S2 characters they mentioned, but I don't see value, for me at least, spending $50 for these 2 characters, on top of the upgraded boards.

There is also the slim chance these 2 characters get rolled into one of the larger boxes in the future, at which point I might get them.
You can print the upgraded stuff from the Kickstarter. It’s just tweaks to three s2 characters side board, not the main board.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Shit be going down with the latest update.

Yeah, I'm torn. I backed this game for a friend, because he's a big Darkest Dungeon fan on PC, and I thought this would make a good gift for him.

Now I have to pay even more for shipping? This isn't the first project to ask btw, I already paid more to Oathsworn to help with their campaign.

Still, when these projects were started I don't think anyone could have predicted the shipping situation as it stands. No win really wins, they are pitching in and taking a hit also.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Looks like it’s almost a year late. Yeah shipping has gone up a bit since then!

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Saw a news blurb about this. It's a sticky situation to be in for sure. Had they invested their own cash into production then they would have been able to change the MSRP accordingly when things went astray. They took the Kickstarter route, however, and so that minimized their actual exposure to risk to pretty much exactly this scenario.

Really the global supply chain of using cheap manufacturing and cheap transport was never gonna last. I do think things will calm down, especially if we go into a global recession, but probably not as dirt cheap as it used to be. It shouldn't be cost effective to ship extremely heavy stuff like paper half way around the planet vs printing it down the street.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Yeah well, we decided that we don't want to make shit anymore, and we want to outsource everything to literally half a planet away.

It's one of those YGWYFD scenarios. Until we start making shit here again and stop being a workforce or retail peons, it's not gonna change.

And since everyone's been paid off by China, that ain't gonna happen.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Petersen games is in the same boat, maybe worse. I have a lot of money tied up into their recent CW KS and in the Hyperspace game. It pretty much soured me to the entire KS process. Fuck it, I will buy products at retail from now on.

woot!

Trakanon Raider
New CMON kickstarter : Dune: War for Arrakis

Really enjoyed Rising Sun and Bloodborne, so pitching in on this one as well.

faille

Molten Core Raider
New CMON kickstarter : Dune: War for Arrakis

Really enjoyed Rising Sun and Bloodborne, so pitching in on this one as well.
Was interested until I saw the shipping. I'm used to be screwed on shipping in kickstarters but $70 is really taking the piss

Derpa

Trakanon Raider

Wish CMON was doing it, because steamforge kinda failed with Dark souls mechanics/rules.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
A buddy I used to game with has been involved with this gaming start up company the last couple years. They just released a Kickstarter for a new core system that is not like 5E and is supposed to be very flexible.