Kickstarters

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Aeon's End has 38 hours to go. I highly suggest backing it or at least buying the first game which is already in retail. We've played ~10 games so far and continue to love it. The three of us that play it all agree it's a top tier game. The engine is just great, best deck builder I've played by far.

Cross posting from Board Game thread

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Well it didn't have any KS exclusives and it's already at retailers. You could go buy it now and have it before most backers.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I know that feel derpa... No exclusives but definitely savings.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brand

Molten Core Raider
Hoping this arrives soon

From the DS update email earlier today...

SHIPPING UPDATE 24/4/17
Shipwire and Backerkit are testing the first batch of US orders for smooth delivery, if all goes to plan then they will begin the process tomorrow (25th April).

• US Hub #1 Product has arrived and expected to be sending Thursday and Friday for shipping.
  • US Hub #2 Product on route and expected to be sending the week after.
  • EU: New boxes have been ordered (matching what we did in the UK for secure shipping), and they should arrive today (24th April). Once they have been packed up and labels printed then copies will begin to make their way to you.
  • RoW/Australia/Italian and Spanish language copies: As per previous update.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I really hate how vague they are. I know they're close to on time (with part of the KS) and are delivering the base game they promised but god damn they suck at basic communication.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Diceborn Heroes.

This game is fun, you get to pick one or two classes and level them up as you fight monsters and progress towards a boss. You use prerolled dice for your character actions and the enemies attacks.

Local pickup option (no shipping) if you live in Calgary or Edmonton.

Last edited:

italica

Trakanon Raider
Watched the Dark Souls twitch live stream they emailed about yesterday... now even more impatient for it to arrive. Looks like it's going to be fun as hell. Play time is long af though for not having so many moving parts. Relative to like a twilight imperium.

Wondering how invasions and mega bosses are going to fit into the gameplay without making it impossible to beat the game without perfect equipment draws. Seems already pretty rough just getting to the mini boss from what they went through on the twitch stream.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Watched the Dark Souls twitch live stream they emailed about yesterday... now even more impatient for it to arrive. Looks like it's going to be fun as hell. Play time is long af though for not having so many moving parts. Relative to like a twilight imperium.

Wondering how invasions and mega bosses are going to fit into the gameplay without making it impossible to beat the game without perfect equipment draws. Seems already pretty rough just getting to the mini boss from what they went through on the twitch stream.
8-10 hours? Really?

italica

Trakanon Raider
8-10 hours? Really?

Their playthrough to the miniboss was something like 2 hours. That was only about half of a "normal" single run playthrough. Double it for the full boss run, and then later with addons megabosses.

Edit: To be fair, it probably won't be that long after the first time you play but that's still significant with addons extending and adding more encounters to the game a la invasions etc.

Edit2: I made the comparison to twilight imperium in terms of the time to play vs number of moving parts. There's a whole lot more shit going on in TI.

Last edited:

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I am wondering if I want to play a normal game of Dark Souls to start or if I just want to jump straight into a campaign. Campaign would make the length easier to deal with, I think, especially when learning. You know it's gonna take multiple nights and wouldn't be in a rush.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Their playthrough to the miniboss was something like 2 hours. That was only about half of a "normal" single run playthrough. Double it for the full boss run, and then later with addons megabosses.

Edit: To be fair, it probably won't be that long after the first time you play but that's still significant with addons extending and adding more encounters to the game a la invasions etc.

Edit2: I made the comparison to twilight imperium in terms of the time to play vs number of moving parts. There's a whole lot more shit going on in TI.
Yeah but TI is a minimum 8 hours if everyone at the table is well versed and you use a timer for turns. I've never had a game of TI last less then 10 hours.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Diceborn Heroes.

This game is fun, you get to pick one or two classes and level them up as you fight monsters and progress towards a boss. You use prerolled dice for your character actions and the enemies attacks.

Local pickup option (no shipping) if you live in Calgary or Edmonton.

98% funded, 21 days to go. Stretch goals updated.

"Kind of feels like Gloomhaven in a dice game." "Playing this, in some ways, reminded me of Final Fantasy 1 on NES."

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I threw money at it once you originally posted. Hopefully it doesn't suck :)