Kickstarters

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Backed it as well. Not really a fan of the art but the game play looks fun.

Ratina

Bronze Knight of the Realm
After playing Dark Souls you can tell they changed the game significantly, some of the things referenced in early videos aren't even things anymore. It was fun enough, looks great, but I wish I did not spend as much on extras now lol.

This thread makes me spend too much on KS, but here's an interesting one :

I'm not a fan of MOBAs but this looks neat.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I'm stoked for diceborn, the new art addressed my only complaint. Looks great now.

This game looks pretty cool. I'd bck it if I didn't have so many already.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
This looks fun. Overcooked but in board game format.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

faille

Molten Core Raider
This looks fun. Overcooked but in board game format.

Damn you, I'm trying to but back on my board game purchases!
But looks like an easy by. Love a good coop game that's simple or friendly enough to play with non-gamers.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
It looks great, this image stresses me out though, lol.

255411b900cefa94ca5923759a35cc11_original.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, it makes a ton of sense. I think the colors are for the players. So black is cooking and using the sink.. Told my friends to back it, because I've backed too much crap in the last few years.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
That an expansion to black plague or just another standalone?

Has there ever been any sort of campaign progression style zombicide game?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
It's standalone but compatible with ZBP and MD. The only real progression campaigns I've seen have been a couple of player made ones that look fairly well done. CMON doesn't really give a fuck enough to make a true campaign so far. Too busy churning cash. They are the EA of the board game world imo

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
CMON has nothing really to do with it other then bringing someone else's idea to the board. CMON is literally just a facilitator on this project. The guys who make the game give zero fucks. It's literally like printing money. They work for 3 months a year on a half baked game and then turn it over to CMON who gets all the mini's and components done. In return they make like a 100k each on it. Seems okay.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Well cmon is the face of it so I blame them!

The kickstarters they run all seem to be the same no matter who they are publishing for. Lots of add-ons, way too many exclusives, tons of communication during the KS, dead silence afterwards, 3-6 month delays on delivery time.

Do all these companies they publish for just have the exact same shitty business model?

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've dealt quite a bit with one of the companies they used to be in a partnership with. Let's just say they aren't the best business partners but if you are a lazy gamer with a half way decent idea, you can make some good bank for sitting around doing mostly nothing. Unfortunately, once they start publishing for you, you pretty much have no say.

GeneralF

Golden Knight of the Realm
I like Black Plague a lot but I'm really disappointed in this Green Horde KS. The price, the orc zombie minis, the dragon... Overall looks really greedy. I agree with the EA comparison comment.