My $1400 Skinny Mini package

great, inexpensive product.

tenor (2).gif

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Got all my Too Many Bones expansion stuff, big ass box!
I love how dense they are. I took the new one on a work trip to solo in my hotel and my wife was moving my suitcase, she said “wtf did you pack that weighs so much, you’re only gone for three days”

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Got all my Too Many Bones expansion stuff, big ass box!

Nice tell us how it is! I opted not to get that one, I have all the other stuff including the storage chest thing, pretty sweet stuff. Honestly I think having the storage chest may have affected my desire to get more stuff, figured it wouldn’t all fit

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Nice tell us how it is! I opted not to get that one, I have all the other stuff including the storage chest thing, pretty sweet stuff. Honestly I think having the storage chest may have affected my desire to get more stuff, figured it wouldn’t all fit
Still unpacking it but so far it seems like it will all fit and I got everything expect the additional play mats. The chest is already heavy as fuck so this is just absurd.

• 1Like

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
Wow. Those skinny minia have really nice art. They remind me of shrinky dinks from the 80s lol. So that massive collection for $1400. About how many minis do you think that is?

I've been buying and using the old DDM's for the past 20yrs. So I'm trying not to have another collection lol. I have like well over 2000 minis for d&d alone.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wow. Those skinny minia have really nice art. They remind me of shrinky dinks from the 80s lol. So that massive collection for $1400. About how many minis do you think that is?

I've been buying and using the old DDM's for the past 20yrs. So I'm trying not to have another collection lol. I have like well over 2000 minis for d&d alone.
I genuinely don't know, but it's thousands.

I have at least 2 (3-5 for most) of every mini they have produced. A lot of the ones I have aren't even available on their retail site yet. I've also had an active subscription to their mail club since its inception a year ago. The club has members vote on what sets they want to see produced and the most popular 2 sets get made and mailed to you. It's generally been good, but I have been surprised a few times at the stupid shit people vote for.

• 1Like

Maul

Dental Dammer
Gloomhaven minis, RPG and Gloomhaven 2nd Edition just dropped on backerkit, think I'll give this shit a miss.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Gloomhaven minis, RPG and Gloomhaven 2nd Edition just dropped on backerkit, think I'll give this shit a miss.

Does the second edition remove the harmful gendering of the miniatures and the problematic stereotyping of the fantasy races?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Yes, thank god!

Just change all pronouns to they, that's how you know they're inclusive!

Seriously, most annoying shit ever. I also love they renamed the Brute and Scoundrel, because apparently that is problematic too.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Just change all pronouns to they, that's how you know they're inclusive!

Seriously, most annoying shit ever. I also love they renamed the Brute and Scoundrel, because apparently that is problematic too.
What did they rename them to? Big Guy and Wily Gal?

Maul

Dental Dammer
Hatorade Hatorade Seananigans Seananigans

Is Too Many Bones worth it? It's expensive as fuck and hard to find second hand, I feel I'd only want it with the trove as well so it takes less space, my kallexs are filled as it is.

I've got a Trove, Base, Undertow and a couple of gearloks I've seen locally for sale which I'm tempted by, but it's pricey, just wanted to know an honest opinion. They don't have the original boxes though.

Last edited:

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
@hatorate Seananigans Seananigans

Is Too Many Bones worth it? It's expensive as fuck and hard to find second hand, I feel I'd only want it with the trove as well so it takes less space, my kallexs are filled as it is.

I've got a Trove, Base, Undertow and a couple of gearloks I've seen locally for sale which I'm tempted by, but it's pricey, just wanted to know an honest opinion. They don't have the original boxes though.

Have you played it before? I have the trove box and most of the content minus the most recent kickstarter stuff. It’s a fun game, I don’t regret the purchase.

Maul

Dental Dammer
Have you played it before? I have the trove box and most of the content minus the most recent kickstarter stuff. It’s a fun game, I don’t regret the purchase.
I haven't no, but I've followed the kickstarters and have FOMO and didn't want to drop 1k on the unbreakable one :D

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Hatorade Hatorade Seananigans Seananigans

If can just get undertow alone, that’s a two player version that has all the mechanics built into it. If you don’t like it, you’ve saved some money on the rest. If you do…

it’s pretty complex, so if your gamer friends enjoy complex games great, if they don’t…don’t even bother unless you want to play it solo. It also takes a little time to set up and tear down but no where near something like gloomhaven or kingdom death. It’s just not super fast like Dice Throne.

Staberinde

Trakanon Raider
Tried TMB on TTS with my regular board game group, they tend to like mediumweight complexity games (mostly dungeon crawlers) but were fine with TMB. Biggest issue was that the base game at 4 players was very cramped and significantly reduces mobility options. BGG has 36% not recommended at 4 players (I usually avoid playing games at player counts higher than 30% not recommend). Didn't play on undertow expansion which has extra spaces on the sides so not sure if that helps out or not.

I'm waiting on Elder Scrolls: Betrayel of the Second Era kickstarter to come in Q4 next year by same designers. Seems very similar to TMB but maps look bigger so hoping this will be more accomodating for 4 players. Campaign is still available to late pledge (inc stretch goals) until Jan if you prefer the look.

Also the current meta for TMB is getting a bit extreme for me:

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users