Killjoys

spronk

FPS noob
season 2 is over, season 3 already confirmed. Dark Matter goes on for another 3 episodes (13 episode season 2) also renewed for s3.

I really enjoyed the finale, while the last two episodes were a bit rushed maybe it felt like a better version of the old X-Files alien goo storyline: simpler, executed quickly and competently, and just a step in the invasion rather than a open ended mystery which never went anywhere. While no doubt there is a lot to quibble over, end of the day I enjoyed watching it and the story is cool and a pretty basic scifi theme: hive mind alien enemy wants to conquer and enslave all humans, our brave heroes fight back.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
The death was sad (ep9), I enjoyed the character. Glad to see it's renewed for season 3. I like where they are going with the story, and I was surprised by the reveal in the finale. Next season should be fun.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Glad Syfy is standing by the new shows and extending seasons.

It was weird I did take to this show for the first few episodes but stuck with it anyway. Glad I did, it is one of my faves. I like how they are pretty much staying on track with the plot and keep pushing forward with it. I agree that some of the episodes feel rushed. It would be nice if Syfy gave them some leeway with how many episodes they do for the season.

spronk

FPS noob
absolutely fantastic first episode, the show is starting to hit another level above dark matter for me. just a cool and fun sci fi show to watch that is just chock full of cheesy but awesome one liners "uh oh, where's your FACE?" - and great writing / world building. Why the fuck does a guy have a face mask of living skin? who knows, its awesome though.

Haven't watched this weeks Dark Matter yet but hopefully the two can tandem well together for the rest of the season.

Cybsled

Ya, was a good premiere. I wonder if they plan to use new modgirl as a standin for Stephanie Leonidas. I checked her IMDB page and it looks like she was filming another show in the UK (Snatch the TV show apparently exists), which would probably mean she wasn't really available to film in CanadaLand I imagine.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Ya, was a good premiere. I wonder if they plan to use new modgirl as a standin for Stephanie Leonidas. I checked her IMDB page and it looks like she was filming another show in the UK (Snatch the TV show apparently exists), which would probably mean she wasn't really available to film in CanadaLand I imagine.

I suspected as much, though IMO they did the switch pretty well. More cute Modgirls are OK by me.

spronk

FPS noob
season finale is tonight

Dark Matter got cancelled, however, Killjoys has been renewed for TWO more seasons although the 5th season will be its last
‘Killjoys’ Renewed for Final Two Seasons by Syfy

I've really enjoyed the season so far, sure its been whacky and weird but the characters are just kooky and fun to watch, all the gay stuff is hilarious and I really can't point to a single character and say "man that character just SUCKS" whereas there were a number of chars on Dark Matter that were all just big walking bummers

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
The Get Dirtier / ATM jokes :p

Glad they are planning ahead on this, I like the story and the characters. It is refreshing to see a show where brothers treat each other like brothers giving each other shit for fun, and new nerd getting the FNG treatment.

Cybsled

I like Dark Matter, but this season sort of lost my attention, whereas Killjoys has been on point. 2 season wrap up is a good way to hopefully craft a satisfying arc conclusion.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

faille

Molten Core Raider
New Season this week?

I generally preffered Dark Matter but Killjoys seems to have really grown as well, in terms of the wider world.
Wish Id found time to rewatch last season though. Seems like it was ages ago

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Seeing our girl in Ant Man and The Wasp was quite a shock to me as I had avoided spoilers etc.

spronk

FPS noob
As said above Episode 1 of season 3 aired friday night, pretty good. Basically a flashback to how things started with Dutch and Jacobi, with some other present stuff thrown in. Since I haven't watched the show in a year it was a nice way to reintro everyone in a simple way. Still a great, simple, "fun" show and I look forward to the rest of the season.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Mother clucker I missed the premiere. Goddamn SyFy and their complete lack of web advertising presence.

spronk

FPS noob
d'avin and the rest of the gang are back in episode 2, pretty good although i'm kinda lost on specific plot points but they seem to be easing back into the world slowly

Vycron

Derives Perverse Pleasure
<Gold Donor>
I liked crazy Johnny. The monster jaw rookie chick is awful and needs to go.

spronk

FPS noob
I liked crazy Johnny. The monster jaw rookie chick is awful and needs to go.

nice butt tho

vbdCuB8.jpg