King of the Nerds

Pumpkin Thief

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This season is better than the 1st I think. They went whole hog on finding pure bread nerds and not hottie girls who only very loosely fit the nerd description (Moog and Celeste).

If there are more seasons after this one, I hope they do away with the odd person out conundrum at the start of the 1st episode. It kinda worked season 1, but already felt played out this time and even after the extra twist was revealed, you knew precisely what was going to happen.

Chemistry chick cracked me up with her getting pissy about having her super top secret chem background revealed. Doubt anyone even gave a shit except for the fact that she tried to hide it.

Yeah, Zach is TV gold, but i kinda liked that girl he sent home so I had mixed feelings. She seemed pretty likable in her nerdy way.

Right now I think I am rooting either for Hobbit Historian, or the Gay Larper dude.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
This season is better than the 1st I think. They went whole hog on finding pure bread nerds and not hottie girls who only very loosely fit the nerd description (Moog and Celeste).
yea look at the girls in s1
rrr_img_60118.jpg

compared to this season
rrr_img_60119.jpg

i'd say most of the cast in s1 is "tv ok looking (girls get "nice" remarks, except for crazy comic girl)", and it seemed like for this season, they just said fuck it, let's find nerds. (except for cute blue haired girl, wtf does she do that's nerdy? she a prop girl?)

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I'm definitely not into full-figured women but Mary-Kate (I think that's her name) is fairly attractive if one were into that. She also has a good personality and I was really disappointed to see her go. AND, it makes me wonder if her die was loaded. How could she possibly roll 1s so consistently? I can definitely see the producers thinking "we gotta keep the crazy dude here" and doing what they can to stack the odds in Zack's favor.

The gay gamer - Xander? is hilarious. I hope he goes far into the competition.

While I enjoyed season 1 well enough, I think 2 is way more interesting so far.

Kinkle_sl

shitlord
AND, it makes me wonder if her die was loaded. How could she possibly roll 1s so consistently?
It had multiple 0's, 1's, 2's and 3's, so it's not like she was a statistical anomoly. And she was basically dropping it from 2 inches above the surface without any horizontal movement like a retard. If she kept getting 1's, it's because she kept essentially setting it down on a 1.

Pumpkin Thief

I agree that Mary Kate is pretty cute. She'd probably be classically hot if she lost a bunch of weight. I also agree with Kinkle that she rolled the dice like an idiot. I hated to see her go though.

Was glad Kelsey left early. On her bio she said her favorite character in ASoIaF was Catelyn Stark. fuck that shit. Some of those bios answers were interesting. It's worth noting that every single one of them, when asked what their I.Q. was said something to the affect of "Who gives a shit, It's meaningless and I have no clue" except Zach who proudly displayed his supposed 146 IQ (and has been squawking about it in every confrontation he has with someone) as if that were a particularly high number given the company he currently keeps.

If any of you happened to be on that show and on that guy's team, how well do you think you could take his antics?

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Is it because you are embarrassed for yourself that you didn't realize that from the first episode?

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
The first episode through the 2nd to last episode didn't end in a popularity contest so I'm not sure what you're talking about. They might have voted people in for the elimination challenge, but there was still an elimination challenge.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
The first episode through the 2nd to last episode didn't end in a popularity contest so I'm not sure what you're talking about. They might have voted people in for the elimination challenge, but there was still an elimination challenge.
I don't have a problem with part of it being a "popularity contest". Half the fun of the show is watching the nerds try to grapple with social interaction. If there wasn't an important social angle, they'd all just keep to themselves, study for every possible challenge, and it would be boring as hell.

Elissidel_sl

shitlord
I don't have a problem with part of it being a "popularity contest". Half the fun of the show is watching the nerds try to grapple with social interaction. If there wasn't an important social angle, they'd all just keep to themselves, study for every possible challenge, and it would be boring as hell.
Yeah that is kind of how I feel about it as well.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Isn't it pretty much impossible to play any sort of community "survivor" game without social interaction being a major part of it? Just the simple act of picking teams, working together, and picking someone for elimination has to be based on some criteria. If someone is a pain in the ass, or constantly grates on you, or you feel doesn't help out, you're going to pick them over someone that seemed helpful and a team player most of the time. Obviously strategy enters in, like getting stronger players out too, but there is always going to be that social element in these games. It is what makes them interesting. If it were purely random picks, no one would even watch.

And for that matter, if it were purely based on merit, all the strongest players would eventually lose because they had to play each other, leaving the weakest players. That's not fun to watch either.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
any and every modern reality tv "competition" show will and show have a social aspect to it, unless it's like "survivorMan - i'll gut you if you steal my grubs", you need some kind of social aspect, cuz we're a group/social whatever based society. Even in competitive shows like project runway,top model, face off, inked. The judges decide the final winner, BUT in order to reach the finals you had to have at least pass challenges that involve some kind of teamwork/social interaction, or a "work with me or we're both fucked" kind of situation.

of course King of the Nerds season 1 did something stupid with the popularity contest in the final, they let ALL the eliminated contestants vote, who the fuck were the first 3 voted off? no one remembers, hell the first one voted off probably had 5minutes with the eventual final 2 contestants. This is of course probably due to wanting to impose more "suspense" in voting, with more cast members, but it really should just be the previously eliminated 5 voting.

joz123

Potato del Grande
God those "robots" they built looked like absolute shit. One of them looked like the guy took a pole and glued tons of paper to it.

Lenaldo

Golden Knight of the Realm
Calling them robots is dumb. They were Rc cars with some shit built on top of it.

I can't stand Zack.. he is a bully, not a nerd. I'm pretty confident he is a sociopath.. when he gave his little speech I wanted one of them to be like "yo bro.. the reason we aren't hanging out with you isn't because you are a nerd.. its cause you are a bully and nerds hate bullys".

God if I have to hear him say that hes a world class gamer one more time... u play wow.. being world class means you have the most time on your hands.. grats bro .

Pumpkin Thief

I had to do some digging to actually find something that Zach (the supposed "fantasy writer") actually wrote. It was just some lame ass blog where he has some really awful poetry but he claims "the good stuff" is elsewhere where only he can see it.

This dude just throws stuff out there like "I'm a writer" or "im in one of the top 25 guilds in world of warcraft" and "I'm a world class gamer" that can't really be disproven outright.

You may be right about him being a sociopath, depends if he was pantomiming contrition and empathy or not. If his contrition speech was real, then at the very least his mood swings inflame so quickly and widely that he has other serious issues (obviously). "Victory for Sylvanas!!"

Lenaldo

Golden Knight of the Realm
I think the only reason he is into "nerdy" things is because he can get away with bullying nerds. If he was bigger, better looking, and more athetlic he would just be your typical asshole. Instead, he joins nerd cultures and acts like a total dick. At the very least he is incredibly narcissistic.

Either way, while he was entertaining at first, he has now become obnoxious.. I really hope he loses soon.