Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
This game looks totally not up my alley at all, but I am buying it anyway because anyone who makes NeoEra this buttmad deserves my money.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
This guy is clearly racist against dragonkin and fun.

The alt Reich knows no bounds

I do agree the attention to detail and realistic accuracy is boring to me, and just not my cup of tea. But gotta do my part to support the cause of shit posting.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I find it funny that for all the talk about "realism" there's about half a dozen different ways to break the game in the prologue due to them having thrown realism entirely out the window in order to make the narrative setup work.

Time is frozen? Have fun picking hundreds of herbs to max out that skill, raise strength a lot, and buy everything in the town (and get all the traders money too).

Sword trainer doesn't mind you spending a couple hours not doing what he tells you to? Cool, enjoy your maxed sword skill.

Unkillable NPCs? ...and now your archery skill is maxed too.

There's even more if you don't mind murdering most of Skalitz before the army gets a chance to.

The player can choose to not exploit all that, you say? Yeah well, the player could also choose to not save scum too, but they felt the need to try to lock that down. Seems a bit silly when you put it in perspective.

• 1Worf

Origin

Molten Core Raider
I really appreciate what they're trying to do and i think they're doing a lot of stuff right, but man... the combat is so fucking janky, i just can't get into it...

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I find it funny that for all the talk about "realism" there's about half a dozen different ways to break the game in the prologue due to them having thrown realism entirely out the window in order to make the narrative setup work.

Time is frozen? Have fun picking hundreds of herbs to max out that skill, raise strength a lot, and buy everything in the town (and get all the traders money too).

Sword trainer doesn't mind you spending a couple hours not doing what he tells you to? Cool, enjoy your maxed sword skill.

There's even more if you don't mind murdering most of Skalitz before the army gets a chance to.

The player can choose to not exploit all that, you say? Yeah well, the player could also choose to not save scum too, but they felt the need to try to lock that down. Seems a bit silly when you put it in perspective.

just don't do that stuff.

Del

Vyemm Raider
Yeah, seems like a pretty autistic way to play a single player rpg.

• 2Worf
  • 1Picard

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I saw the OT to this game, and there is big red text about you weren't allowed to defend his racism and sexism. That is a glowing endorsement to me.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance |OT| Bohemian Rhapsody

Lol what a bunch of fucking assholes. Fuck you and yeah fuck Hamburger Helper.

Jesus Christ that board triggered me.

AA16B414-8A74-4485-B479-2ED9B23D9F89.jpeg

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Del

Vyemm Raider
I really appreciate what they're trying to do and i think they're doing a lot of stuff right, but man... the combat is so fucking janky, i just can't get into it...
What's your problem with the combat? I actually really enjoy it. The only thing I don't like is how easy it is to lose your lock on an enemy sometimes. Blocking, parrying, riposting, dodging, and doing combos is pretty fun and overall this is a way better combat system than something like Elder Scrolls.

• 2Salty
Reactions: 1 users

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I bought it Friday and have about 10 hours into it. Got stuck on geometry once and that fucked me because I was in someone's house and couldn't leave when they told me to. Other than that, no real issues other than something minor every now and then. I've stayed with the native save system but I did install a lockpick mod because fuck whoever designed that shit.

Overall, I really like it. The world is beautiful and feels alive. The story is compelling and there are lots of nice touches in the mechanics. The combat system is a little wonky and horseback riding is not as good as it could be but overall I like the game and will be getting good value out of it. 8.0-8.5.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

You're talking about aspy levels of min/maxing that outright make the game less enjoyable. It doesnt take a retard to figure out broken systems in RPGs.

This has happened in basically every similar RPG in this board. Take Divinity 1 for example. Some people on this board save scummed to take advantage of the randomized loot system until they got favorable items from every single encounter then bitched about how lame it was as they had infinite money and top tier items at all times by doing this.

If you simply can't resist abusing game mechanics then complain that abusing them cheapens the experience it just makes you sound like a retard.

Last edited:
  • 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Razzes

Trakanon Raider

Specific and time-consuming ways to break the game VS abusing saves which is a universal cheese with no downside in these kind of RPGs. None of the ideas you mentionned even crossed my mind while playing the tutorial, but reloading to prevent wasting a lockpick or not being thrown in jail crossed my minds a dozen times.

Razzes

Trakanon Raider

I'm going to try combat with a controller. Aiming the strike with the mouse doesn't work very well for me. Otherwise, I love the combat. I'm just not sure it will have enough depth to keep me entertained in the long run. There seems to be combo you unlock but the novelty can wear off quickly.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

It's a difference of scale and risk vs reward.

You can save scum with the save potions, but that increases your drunkeness so even if you get a good source of belladonna you can't abuse it like you're trying to get 20 lucky crits on drizzt right out of candlekeep.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
It's a difference of scale and risk vs reward.

You can save scum with the save potions, but that increases your drunkeness so even if you get a good source of belladonna you can't abuse it like you're trying to get 20 lucky crits on drizzt right out of candlekeep.

Amateur, you wrecked Drizzt by abusing Monster Summoning wands. The general unfairness of BG and BGII forced you to think outside the box. I loved that about it! Was it wrong to kill Firkraag by using Cloud Kill wands outside of his aggro range to weaken him to the point that your scrub group could actually win?

Naw dog. Even in my more recent playthroughs and solo runs as Barbarians and the, "Sword Mage" build you have to resort to some freaky shit to come out on top in those games man. Figuring out your advantages was so satisfying.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Amateur, you wrecked Drizzt by abusing Monster Summoning wands. The general unfairness of BG and BGII forced you to think outside the box. I loved that about it! Was it wrong to kill Firkraag by using Cloud Kill wands outside of his aggro range to weaken him to the point that your scrub group could actually win?

Naw dog. Even in my more recent playthroughs and solo runs as Barbarians and the, "Sword Mage" build you have to resort to some freaky shit to come out on top in those games man. Figuring out your advantages was so satisfying.
who knew that a few monster summons and a really long weapon are all you need to kill drizzt.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
speaking of cheese, I just leveled maintennce 5x times by wrecking an axe and then sharpening it over and over. And at level 15 maintnenace I still can't repair shit.