Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
I just got this game and I oscillate between having fun and thinking it was the worst 80$ (CAD!) I spent this year. I really liked the dark, gritty feel of the opening sections and the environments are very pretty. But a lot of the actual gameplay feels like shit. Bad animations, glitchy pathing, bugs, tedious load-times, stupid gestures towards "realism" that just make the game annoying, etc. It turns out that being a fuckboy peasant in the middle ages is not exactly *fun* but yet there is something gripping about it too. I have a feeling if I put this game down I will never come back to it. But I'm also not sure I want to play it more than, say, more needless grinding in Monster Hunter (kind of the opposite game, just a lot of fun with not much in the way of gripping or drama).

I don't understand the combat really; but whatever I'm doing is allowing me to absolutely slaughter the shit out of anything that wants to fight in the early game. I mean, sure, I guess if I go punch a guy in plate armor I'm going to die, but the mobs I'm supposed to fight are zero problem. I was actually wondering if I was bugged. Anyway, hmmm, give it a 6.5-7 on day one play. We'll see.

Fedor

<Banned>
B1xE_jJCQAEXC2K.png

• 6Solidarity
  • 4Like
Reactions: 9 users

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I installed a lockpick mod early but I went with the native save for quite a while until, after having to redo some quests a few times, I couldn't stand it anymore. It's just too unforgiving and buggy for that save system.

I have about 30 hours in and am still enjoying it, although it feels a little tedious at times. I absolutely do not get combat. Sometimes I kick ass and other times I get the everliving shit beaten out of me- as in, there is no chance I am going to beat this person with a sword so I better get in a lucky headshot with my bow.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You cant play this game without the lockpick or save mod.

I also feel combat is incredibly unresponsive and clunky. Sometime an overhand swing followed up by two swings to either flank will just crumple an enemy. Other times, I just get kicked, and hit with a couple strikes I couldnt defend and im out of stamina and then dead.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
You cant play this game without the lockpick or save mod.

I also feel combat is incredibly unresponsive and clunky. Sometime an overhand swing followed up by two swings to either flank will just crumple an enemy. Other times, I just get kicked, and hit with a couple strikes I couldnt defend and im out of stamina and then dead.
I did pretty much everything in the game without any mods.

I did however hear that lockpicking is harder on a gamepad. It's pretty easy with a mouse. If you're having trouble with a mouse, git gud scrub.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I installed a lockpick mod early but I went with the native save for quite a while until, after having to redo some quests a few times, I couldn't stand it anymore. It's just too unforgiving and buggy for that save system.

I have about 30 hours in and am still enjoying it, although it feels a little tedious at times. I absolutely do not get combat. Sometimes I kick ass and other times I get the everliving shit beaten out of me- as in, there is no chance I am going to beat this person with a sword so I better get in a lucky headshot with my bow.
The combat is way too stat-dependent. You go from being somebody's little brother at level 1, barely able to take a piss without getting urine on your shoes to becoming a a suitable fighter at level 6, an accomplished knight at level 7, the Hound at level 9, Sir Arthur Dayne at level 10, Gregor Clegane at level 11 and fucking Sauron at level 12+

• 2Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
The combat is way too stat-dependent. You go from being somebody's little brother at level 1, barely able to take a piss without getting urine on your shoes to becoming a a suitable fighter at level 6, an accomplished knight at level 7, the Hound at level 9, Sir Arthur Dayne at level 10, Gregor Clegane at level 11 and fucking Sauron at level 12+

Sounds like every other game ever

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Sounds like every other game ever
Nah, the difference is that this has a combat system that makes you think it's more skill-based like Dark Souls, Mount and Blade etc. And I think that was their intent, but it isn't tuned properly.

It's a KotoR combat system that feels like a jedi knight game.

Jozu

I have run into a ton of stupid bugs that have fucked up the game for me. Without being able to just save would make me quit.

Maybe I do suck at lockpicking though.

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
Nah, the difference is that this has a combat system that makes you think it's more skill-based like Dark Souls, Mount and Blade etc. And I think that was their intent, but it isn't tuned properly.

It's a KotoR combat system that feels like a jedi knight game.
It's really too bad cause I was enjoying the combat quite a bit for a while, especially the combos. But at some point you just start hitting way too hard, can't even pull off a combo before they go ragdoll.

My fight with Runt, which I assume was supposed to be epic, turned out to be a remake of "Bully Beatdown" with medieval martial arts.

This really kills my motivation to do any side quests since I'm not getting any better even though I'm probably only halfway through the game. I need my carrot on the stick.

They need to make weapons and armors much harder to acquire/buy, and they need to lower the scaling of skills.

Obviously you can find mods for that, but meh it doesn't seem too hard to fix.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Got to the part, and quickly lost interest. I may come back to it sometime, but playing through FFXII Zodiac Age for the first time is way more fun currently.

Even that grind is nothing now that you can up the gamespeed.

• 1Smuggly
Reactions: 1 user

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
It's really too bad cause I was enjoying the combat quite a bit for a while, especially the combos. But at some point you just start hitting way too hard, can't even pull off a combo before they go ragdoll.

My fight with Runt, which I assume was supposed to be epic, turned out to be a remake of "Bully Beatdown" with medieval martial arts.

This really kills my motivation to do any side quests since I'm not getting any better even though I'm probably only halfway through the game. I need my carrot on the stick.

They need to make weapons and armors much harder to acquire/buy, and they need to lower the scaling of skills.

That's weird because there was no way in hell that I was going to beat Runt. I didn't know what to expect and I started the fight with him at about 1/2 HP. He was beating my ass over and over and I finally just decided to go to the bow and I popped off a headshot. Maybe I didn't develop my fighting skills enough.

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
iirc I killed him with 2-3 pokes of "Piercer". Didn't lose any significant amount of life despite being hit a couple of times. No reason not to have the best armor already at that point of the game, it's cheap af.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

Agree completely. I look forward to replaying this in a year when mods + patches finish the game.

Jozu

That's a huge letdown.

Right now I'm maybe 12 hours in and I'm only level 3 and all of my fights are somewhat difficult so the challenge and payoff are satisfying at this point in the game.

To know it just turns into lolfights is sad. When I combo'd up and mercy killed my first road bandit it was magical.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
That's a huge letdown.

Right now I'm maybe 12 hours in and I'm only level 3 and all of my fights are somewhat difficult so the challenge and payoff are satisfying at this point in the game.

To know it just turns into lolfights is sad. When I combo'd up and mercy killed my first road bandit it was magical.
I enjoyed the game all the way through, you just need to approach the game the way it was intended and not try to look too closely at the combat, or expect the combat system to carry the rest of the game.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I didn't have any lock picking issues with either my mouse/game pad.. only mod I used was the save mod.

• 1Solidarity

Del

Vyemm Raider
I didn't have any lock picking issues with either my mouse/game pad.. only mod I used was the save mod.
Same here. And I didn't get the save mod until I started having issues with game bugs.

• 1Salty