Kingdom Death: Monster

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I think a few people here have this now since the Kickstarter shipped. We have a KDM derail going in the Kickstarter thread so I figured I’d just make a new one.

Anyways, I’ve got around 15 survivors built now, going to try to get some painting going soon. I’m going to attempt to do the statue look I posted in the Kickstarter thread, but try to do some light sourcing from lanterns/objects and make the lit areas in color. In my head it looks cool but I’m not sure my painting skills can pull it off.

1DFD01DD-88BA-4541-B9E8-E1B4FED86E6F.jpeg

Got through Lantern year six yesterday. Butcher came and was nasty as hell but we rolled tons of hits and crits, I don’t think we lost anyone.

Got back to camp feeling like badasses so we tried to hunt the antelope for the first time. During the hunt phase we got ambushed by a level 2 lion. He was steadily beating the shit out of us. I rolled and hit three locations, picked my first wound attempt and rolled a crit, ripped his mane off but realized if I would have picked the other hit location I would have insta-killed him, damnit! We beat him but lost three survivors. Our death count was two going into year four, I think it’s seven or eight now! Definitely starting to try to procreate more lol

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I take back my earlier comment about it not being dark enough of a stone color - lighting must've been brighter in the other, that looks more appropriate for this batch of images.

And yea, L2's are a significant step up, lol... not had time to play since getting 1.5 but there are some upgrades to settlement power previous to L2's now that might help tone them a little versus before but the jump was HARSH before.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah we started realizing that we need to upgrade the settlement pretty heavily after ignoring it for armor and buildings. This is our first play through and we are doing everything completely blind. Hopefully we will make it to the antelope next hunt and not get raped by an L2 Lion again lol.

Vaclav

Yeah we started realizing that we need to upgrade the settlement pretty heavily after ignoring it for armor and buildings. This is our first play through and we are doing everything completely blind. Hopefully we will make it to the antelope next hunt and not get raped by an L2 Lion again lol.

Hopefully it's not a spoiler, since I'm not going to tag it - but I was referring to innovations (in a general sense, not going to detail specific ones to aim for since that's spoilery for sure) more than gear. [Although there are some gear options that help a TON, but they're hard to make sure you'll get that early with any consistency]

It's pretty shocking to hear a first Butcher run go without a death though, he was a TPK to our first 2 settlements "in the day".

No bandages first time, second was terrible luck - think we pulled 3 invulns?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I went into the fight thinking we were going to get raped, based on how scared people are when they talk about him. We really did just get lucky. My gaming friend rolled 4 or 5 crits. Just ridiculous luck.

Vaclav

Yeah I went into the fight thinking we were going to get raped, based on how scared people are when they talk about him. We really did just get lucky. My gaming friend rolled 4 or 5 crits. Just ridiculous luck.

Err? Am I forgetting my fights....?

Am I mixing up my fights? I thought Butcher only took crits on one HL?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Err? Am I forgetting my fights....?

Am I mixing up my fights? I thought Butcher only took crits on one HL?

Nah you are right.

I was just stating how lucky in general his rolls were, perfect hits like crazy, just didn’t say it right. He was hitting and wounding almost every attempt. He crit on 3 L2 lion locations too. Ripped off his hand, jaw, and testicles. Saved our ass

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
My custom survivors so far. I’ll post better pics once I get one painted, the black one in front is primed.

4EFB98D6-E61D-41B5-AE87-1C86EC2608D2.jpeg

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, Custom from a guy on Etsy. All the yellowish bases were from him for $20 or $25. White ones from someone on eBay for $20 I think. Will look better once painted.

01DCF417-E621-44E8-BB86-1E1E9670F1FA.jpeg

GeneralF

Golden Knight of the Realm
Nah you are right.

I was just stating how lucky in general his rolls were, perfect hits like crazy, just didn’t say it right. He was hitting and wounding almost every attempt. He crit on 3 L2 lion locations too. Ripped off his hand, jaw, and testicles. Saved our ass

If he crit the
lion's testicles
I'm not sure how that helped you (besides the obvious wound) :)

When you build custom survivors, can you use weapons from any sprues? Like can I use a spear on an unarmed survivor, or will it require adjustments and green stuff?

Vaclav

When you build custom survivors, can you use weapons from any sprues? Like can I use a spear on an unarmed survivor, or will it require adjustments and green stuff?

Barring some odd combos, yep.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
If he crit the
lion's testicles
I'm not sure how that helped you (besides the obvious wound) :)

Yep use whatever you want, they mostly all fit. Personally I just try to make them close in terms of what you would actually have at the time. Not going to put Phoenix stuff on an unarmored for example. With that said though I did screw up and give someone a 2 handed sword with a shield before I realized it was a 2 hander. It looks cool though :p

Also don’t be too scared to trim a little plastic if something doesn’t fit. I trimmed a few katars, because the handle get so close to the hand it doesn’t want to fit right on some wrists. You can’t even see where it’s trimmed. I also literally cut a leg in half at the knee, then trimmed the hell out of them and reglued it so I could create the 90 degree angle on the leaping guy in my photo.

• 1Like

GeneralF

Golden Knight of the Realm
Nice! Thank you both!

Also you probably already know that but the game totally lets you use two-handers with shields.

• 1Like

Raign

Golden Squire
My copy just showed up today. Putting the figures together is... daunting to say the least. Did you folks use the assembly website suggested on the box or is there another resource that is a bit more intuitive around? Bit frustrating trying to figure out the exact angles the pieces go together since they rarely seem to 'snap' together prior to applying glue.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I used vibrant lantern, although the official that just released is a little nicer due to showing the 3D rendering and labeling the pieces. Unfortunately I’m sure you’ve noticed there’s only like 7 figures on there.

Almost nothing snaps together like you said, however make sure you dry fit every piece before you glue, several pieces just don’t fit right and need to be severely trimmed. One of the antelopes ear was really bad. Several of the Gold Smoke Knight pieces are really bad, that model can’t be fully fixed by trimming, it’s pretty poor.

A lot of the pieces are very tiny too. Make sure you are assembling above a dark floor or you’re going to lose some. Phoenix hands, pieces of hair curls, gauntlets. Some small ones are pretty easy but some a real pita.

You using Tamiya cement? It’s the best I’ve found cause it doesn’t adhere to your skin. Easy to wipe some away really quick if you over-apply it.

• 1Like

Raign

Golden Squire
Almost nothing snaps together like you said, however make sure you dry fit every piece before you glue, several pieces just don’t fit right and need to be severely trimmed. One of the antelopes ear was really bad. Several of the Gold Smoke Knight pieces are really bad, that model can’t be fully fixed by trimming, it’s pretty poor.

This is pretty much what I have noticed... there is an alarming amount of shaving to make things fit perfectly but that is ok. That site is great, thanks for that! I have been using crazy glue. I tried gorilla glue first, but the dry time was too long so I ended up holding pieced in place far too long before they would bind. I will grab some Tamiya cement though on your recommend, because as you can probably guess, you can only get through about 2 of the figures before the crazy glue becomes a real issue on the figures.

Thanks for all the tips!