Kingsman: The Secret Service (2015)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Uhhh, you mean the opposite right? Pretty sure the mom had the black eyes.

I agree though the fact that the dudes followed him home after some got shot/stabbed etc seemed odd.

Xevy

Log Wizard
This movie sucked and made me want to vomit, mostly because so many people thought it was good. I feel like there's some sort of exhilarating feeling of watching a young douche succeed in a world where old white dudes are failing that's blinding everyone to this film's shittasticness. During the scene where he was brought into a school full of stereotypical rich white butt hole dudes I told my wife "Ok, this is where he does really well and beats out most of the dudes, but at the end the girl ends up winning and the other white guy while he fails, but then gets brought back to save the world and becomes a Kingsman AFTERALL!"

Well, it didn't exactly unfold like that, but pretty fucking close. Also, that bitch with metal knife feet sneaking up on dudes and slicing them open? Really? Ole champion tap dancer is sneaking up on super soldiers?

Throw in the 10,000 point blank machine gun bursts that Eggo Waffle miraculously dodged and you have yourself a retarded ass movie.

Glad so many people liked it, but don't really see where you were coming from. Enjoyed Jack Ryan more and had no expectations for that shit.
His suit is bullet proof/resistant. There's a scene they took out where after clearing that hallway he dusts himself off and like 30 bullets fall to the ground.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
I just watched a bunch of movies as I work offshore and go on crazy binges once I get here and I just thought it sucked compared to the other stuff I saw this week - Ex Machina, re watched Mad Max, and even Jack Ryan was cool. I just thought it was cheese and also hate every flat billed hat that ever existed. I think I'm old.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
It was meh. Lots of retardation, but the film is well aware of it. Especially with the little wink they give the audience when talking about how over the top James Bond is during their McDonald's dinner.

Flying up to space with a balloon to launch a rocket was too much eyeroll for me. All their technology and they can't just launch a rocket from earth?

Church scene was awesome.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Seems to be a good divide on this one. People I expected to like it, hated it. And quite a few others (especially Bond fans) really liked it for some reason. Oddly, I thought Samuel Jackson and his sidekick were the worst parts. But it's still probably the movie I've watched most this year. Really loved it.

edit:

Unapologetic Saints-Row'esque silliness is what I think cinema needs more of. Mad Max, this, John Wick were all good examples of over the top video-game movies. There's even a FPS scene in Kingsman towards the end.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It was meh. Lots of retardation, but the film is well aware of it. Especially with the little wink they give the audience when talking about how over the top James Bond is during their McDonald's dinner.

Flying up to space with a balloon to launch a rocket was too much eyeroll for me. All their technology and they can't just launch a rocket from earth?

Church scene was awesome.
Didnt they explain why they had to use the old balloon tech?

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Unapologetic Saints-Row'esque silliness is what I think cinema needs more of. Mad Max, this, John Wick were all good examples of over the top video-game movies. There's even a FPS scene in Kingsman towards the end.
Yea, as long as the movie is self-aware of that, it works really well. Internal consistency is key.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hmmm wtf
cfc228_wwaarvi4.jpg

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I thought as soon as the first movie came out, Vaughn was like "If I make a sequel, I can always say Firth was shot in his bulletproof eyeglasses, not killed, and put him in an advisory role."

Which while dumb, works for me - Galahad was so over-competent that the only way they could have Valentine's plan get into motion was to put Galahad in a coma while Valentine got everything ready. Eggsy (and the rest of the noobs left in the Kingsmen) wouldn't be as omnipotent/omniscient as Galahad.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
To be fair people have survived shots like that and worse IRL, although not frequently. And we're just normal chumps.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Simple... the glasses were of a very dense and specialized material which slowed the bullet enough that it still passed into his eye, (so he gets to rock the eye patch) but not enough inertia left to get into his brain.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Hard to say. the over the top goofiness of the first movie. Lends itself to any insanity for it. from time travel, to clone, to twin, etc. we'd really believe just about anything.

I think the most "likely", is "survived", has brain damage, and is now the badguy. (possibly didn't survive, and was rebuilt, robocop/6 million dollar man style.)
This would play right into many spy storylines. From Goldeneye, to Archer, to bionic man. mentor turned bad.