Kingsman: The Secret Service (2015)

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
So if we enjoyed Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz, we have a lower movie IQ? Is that the litmus test? Put me on your retard list then, so you can just ignore everything I say about movies in the future.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Its a theater movie where you need tons of ppl laughing at basic humor, so you can justify laughing along with others. Its like those scream parodies, at home, they re ok, with a packed theater, its hilarious.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm disappointed I waited so long to get around to watching it. Had it sitting on my htpc for a while now.

The worst part is I had read a lot about how awesome it was. This is one of the few cases where the hype going in didn't let me down. John Wick was another recent one.

Glad we're getting some good new action movie franchises.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Saw that a movie theater still had this and didn't get a chance to see it before now, did not at all disappoint. Would've preferred SLJ not talking with a lisp, but even with that flaw I'd still call it 9.5 out of 10.

Seeing him vomit on himself after he spots blood was a hilarious end, next to the princess who bribes him to rescue her with anal.

spronk

FPS noob
For anyone who downloads the blu rays, be warned there is a PG-13 version and apparently an unrated version. afaik its only a bit more violence in the unrated, no titties or anything. The PG13 version has the "we can do it in the asshole" line cut too

not a bad movie but glad I watched it at home, got a bit too goofy at times for me. Still a solid 9/10, but I'd put John Wick, Mad Max, Dredd, and both Avengers ahead of it.

the one throwaway line about Iggy Azalea was also really weird, not sure why that was put in

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
"Cut" is more like "worst hack job ever". Even if you don't know what's missing, it's painfully obvious that a chunk of movie was simply removed. Uncut WEB-DLs are 2:09:09 in length; the censored bluray source is only 2:08:37.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Reminds me of the christian video store they used to have where I grew up. Any movie you wanted edited down to pg rating or less. Say what you want about that, they outlasted both blockbuster and hollywood video.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
well, there's a decent market for that kind of stuff. Not necessarily the christian aspect of it, but there's plenty of movies I'd love to sit down and watch with my 8 year old, but there's some questionable enough material in it that I'll have to wait several years before i'm comfortable enough in him seeing that.

Vorph

Heh, this one still has like 50+ "fucks" and some pretty graphic violence, so it's certainly not a PG-13 cut. It just doesn't have an anal sex joke in whatever even more uptight than the good ol' US of A country that the bluray came from. Sony and Amazon streaming video aren't censored, so I assume the retail bluray here won't be either. I'll be waiting for a review before I order it though.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
For anyone who downloads the blu rays, be warned there is a PG-13 version and apparently an unrated version. afaik its only a bit more violence in the unrated, no titties or anything. The PG13 version has the "we can do it in the asshole" line cut too

not a bad movie but glad I watched it at home, got a bit too goofy at times for me. Still a solid 9/10, but I'd put John Wick, Mad Max, Dredd, and both Avengers ahead of it.

the one throwaway line about Iggy Azalea was also really weird, not sure why that was put in
I just watched that version. I was wondering what the hell that skip was. Movie was still fun too watch. I agree that the lisp was easily the most annoying part of the movie. Just ruined the emersion for me whenever he talked. The actor that played Eggsy was the other part that kind of was mehh. Still an awesome movie. They need to have an extended version that actually shows him kicking thier ass in the last scene.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Avoided this thread cause I didn't want spoilers, so this has all been said before I'm sure but finally got time to watch this and wow what a great movie. Holy shit the church scene was amazing. I wish Hollywood would make more awesome original movies like this instead of shit remake after shit remake.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
You know the entire point of the movie was that it was completely unoriginal, right? It really, really goes out of its way to tell you how unoriginal it is.

My god, that church scene tho.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'll give you the premises for the movie wasn't original but I feel like they way they gave it a different feel or vibe than anything else in the genre recently. They treated it originally even if the subject matter was unoriginal.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
we talking about the movie or source material? Millar is the source material, he said he did "the secret service" (source material) cuz he always wanted to try his hand at James bonds type stuff cuz he's a Scot basically.

as far as following the comics panel for panel? it's enough (less than his previous works, kickass, and way more than a horrible adaptation wanted). They did the hollywood thing, threw a black guy in there, threw a girl in there, british'd it up w/ the gay knights of round shit, but whatever.

Homsar

I didnt even notice but I guess the code he puts in at the end spells anal hah

Sceleris_sl

shitlord
we talking about the movie or source material? Millar is the source material, he said he did "the secret service" (source material) cuz he always wanted to try his hand at James bonds type stuff cuz he's a Scot basically.

as far as following the comics panel for panel? it's enough (less than his previous works, kickass, and way more than a horrible adaptation wanted). They did the hollywood thing, threw a black guy in there, threw a girl in there, british'd it up w/ the gay knights of round shit, but whatever.
They didn't do the hollywood thing. Look at the comic who's name is right there next to Millar and Gibbons...co writer Matthew Vaughn. They did whatever worked for the movie as a medium. In the comics everyone hugs in the end. No way in hell that would work in a movie.

The movie studio (fox) didn't have jack shit to say about it. It's funded by Vaughn and friends, burned on a dvd, handed over to fox and Vaughn says, "buy it as is or i go to the next guy". Same deal went down with kick ass. Vaughn made exactly the movie he wanted to make, which proves that if you give talented guys free reign, you'll get amazing movies.