Kingsman: The Secret Service (2015)

Haus

<Silver Donator>
TOmorrow night there will be a movie after dinner as part of the Valentine's day routine. The wife given any movie chose this over that damn 50 Shades crap.... I love that woman.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thank you all. There was perhaps less than a 10% chance of me seeing this without reading these boards and now that I have, I'm telling all the RL about it.
Perhaps in my top 10 all-time.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thank you all. There was perhaps less than a 10% chance of me seeing this without reading these boards and now that I have, I'm telling all the RL about it.
Perhaps in my top 10 all-time.

Edit: GF loved it also.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
good to hear, still not understand why people werent excited for this movie

Haus

<Silver Donator>
It's nice to see a movie that really helps me understand exactly what value Scandinavians put on saving the world.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
It was pretty good. I will definitely watch the sequel. I don't remember another movie where everyone clapped at the end. Hell, they actually clapped twice. What are the reviews like for it on the general internet? I'm wondering if anyone is hating on it because the bad guy is crazy environmentalist.

Sam Jackson was kind of stupid. I get the feeling he wanted to show his range as an actor.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
It's kicking a 71/89 on rotten tomatoes. SO not too bad.

I felt like Jackson's character was being played off as a cross between Steve Jobs (behaviorally) and Spike Lee(visually), I have no explanation for the choice in accent/speaking style.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
All 4 of us loved this. It was great and very funny in addition to kicking ass.

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
So this Saturday night with my best friend and we both really enjoyed it. Very over the top like Kick Ass and just damn fun to watch. The only thing I wasn't happy to see was Samuel L. Jackson as the vilain. Although this character and Mr. Glass weren't the same, they were both quirky and awkward viallans played by Jackson, would have liked someone different. Did enjoy Mark Hamill's small part in the movie though. That opening action scene was sweet.

Personally I prefer a double quarter pounder to either the Big Mac or Double Cheeseburger with special sauce.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Personally I prefer a double quarter pounder to either the Big Mac or Double Cheeseburger with special sauce.
If you ever make it to Japan for whatever reason, try a MOS Burger. That shit was delicious. Especially the "meat sauce" they put on it.

mosburger.png

Xevy

Log Wizard
I kinda wish the fireworks show was more gorey, but hey, that's just me.

Church scene best scene.

8/10

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
I had paid no attention to this movie, the woman wanted to see it for Valentine's. Since it wasn't 50 shades of shit, I went. And it was awesome. A+, would watch again.

Homsar

If you ever make it to Japan for whatever reason, try a MOS Burger. That shit was delicious. Especially the "meat sauce" they put on it.

mosburger.png
That looks terrible but im sure its delicious, it looks like manwich or sloppy joe sauce on a burger

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
That's the thing, it isn't sloppy joe. That's exactly what I thought first looking at it, but it doesn't taste like that at all.

Bladefury

N00b
Wow, extreme marketing fail. I saw this movie cause a friend really wanted to, and I enjoyed it.

Definitely was expecting tween angst combined with spy movie. Instead, you get a bunch of spys kicking some serious ass.

Homsar

People are idiots. not a marketing fail. John wick looked awesome along with Dread.

This community has bashed Dread, John Wick, and Kingsman heavily prior to release

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I kinda wish the fireworks show was more gorey, but hey, that's just me.

Church scene best scene.

8/10
I actually liked the style of the fireworks scene. It would have been way too much otherwise. Keeping it clean also kept it on the good guy side of the field.