Kingsman: The Secret Service (2015)

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Fantastic movie. My only nitpick was that they didn't really show any combat training. They had the short training montage, but nothing they showed there would explain how Eggsy goes from being a semi-talented gymnast to doing arieal flips while shooting with pinpoint accuracy as if he'd been a Kingsman for decades like Galahad.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Fantastic movie. My only nitpick was that they didn't really show any combat training. They had the short training montage, but nothing they showed there would explain how Eggsy goes from being a semi-talented gymnast to doing arieal flips while shooting with pinpoint accuracy as if he'd been a Kingsman for decades like Galahad.
Didnt they mention that he scored they highest as a marksman or something along those lines

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I noticed that too, and I just said "Oh ok, I guess there was some badass training that we didn't have time to see"

As for McDonalds, I assumed it was straight up paid for product placement. They would have made fun of them or had some negative comments if it wasn't. Like at least something about your order always being screwed up because they largely employ retards. But then again, since Valentine looked like a parody of Richard Branson, I also wondered if Branson had some sort of well known love for terrible fast food.

Homsar

the church scene and other stuff was removed in some counties. seems like quite a bit would get removed for pg13
mad.png

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Just saw this last night, really really well done. The way he shot the action scenes, with the perspective shifting all over the place really quickly, was really inventive. It went from first person glasses, to the view down a gun barrel as the background rotates, to behind a person's head as they get impaled/shot/blown up, to other crazy angles and speeds all very quickly. That's a much, much, MUCH better camera trick than stupid shaky cam/quick cuts to speed up action and make it more interesting when you don't have trained martial artists fighting.

Also, I thought Valentine's kill the world scheme was kinda cool. Wasn't there an old Grand Theft Auto cheat code that did the same thing? You turned on the code and all the pedestrians went apeshit and started beating each other up and cars would run people down and all that sort of thing.

Only thing that seemed kinda contrived was
Arthur.
Really? That plan was what swayed him? He's that old and hadn't heard that sort of theory before? Hasn't been tempted by all manner of people trying to bribe him over the years? It just felt a little forced to me. But really, that's pretty minor in this sort of movie. Really the only thing I'd add if I was Vaughn would be some random boobies somewhere from someone.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
In response to the above spoiler:

I don't think Arthur buying into it was any less believable than any of the other powerful people buying into it. It was a pretty crazy, hair-brained scheme, and that sort of situation (i.e., purge the world to save it) is hardly original. Yet, somehow, Valentine's silly, simple explanation was good enough to sway pretty much all of the most powerful people in the world, including the U.S. President. That was one of those things where you just have to suspend disbelief and enjoy the ride and silliness of the whole plot.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I like how:

Obama's head explodes and he dies and you don't hear anything about it from the Upset Patriots of Murica or anything. But if it was GWB this shit would've been an 'issue'. I thought it was kind of funny Barry was one of the evils.

I think the McDonald's thing was a subtle jab at the "New Money" people, especially Americans. That's why he was wearing very Fubutastic shit and everyone with any culture was elegantly swathed. Also on a science note, Sammy Jackson's ideas were actually pretty close to accurate.

Homsar

Only thing I didnt understand is the wealthy pay for the Kingsman yet they didnt inform them about anything. I do agree Arthur was obvious but at least we get more Merlyn ect

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I like how:

Obama's head explodes and he dies and you don't hear anything about it from the Upset Patriots of Murica or anything. But if it was GWB this shit would've been an 'issue'. I thought it was kind of funny Barry was one of the evils.

I think the McDonald's thing was a subtle jab at the "New Money" people, especially Americans. That's why he was wearing very Fubutastic shit and everyone with any culture was elegantly swathed. Also on a science note, Sammy Jackson's ideas were actually pretty close to accurate.
There was cheering in the theater when that happened.

As for valentine's plan, Agent Carter had the same sort of thing, but it was done with gas (Midnight Oil) instead of technology. I laughed at that. They must have basically come up with the idea at the same time. Either that or they both stole it fro some older source, like GTA.

Homsar

There was controversy over the Obama stuff, if it was GWB I think it would have been praised if anything. Only reason you didnt hear more bitching about Obama was because the feminist got buthurt about the princess offering anal sex

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I like how:

What planet do you live on where everyone trashes Obama and GWB is beyond criticism. It's hilarious I could tell I would hate you in person from this one post.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
What planet do you live on where everyone trashes Obama and GWB is beyond criticism.
?Virginia is at least one place.

I don't think China would have joined Valentine. I think they would have wanted it all for themselves.
I think North Korea would have been a black stain on that ever expanding red map.

Homsar

Was this said in the US version of the movie? I dont remember that line
am0PQ72_700b.jpg

Homsar

I figured I missed it somehow, I didnt know if they were showing different versions of the film through out the US. I know ending and previews can be different some times

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
I liked this movie, didn't take itself too serious, lots of killing, clear action scenes.

Church scene will be remembered as an awesome action scene for many years

I almost want to go back and see it again.