Knives Out (2019)

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I've never seen a nurse at a hospital I work with use a glass top vial for morphine. They all are the little membrane tops that you penetrate with a needle. Some of our other narcotics (dilaudid) come in those 1mg things that you can put into some kind of weird syringe to push on the patient. I don't know the details because I'm not a nurse and we never learned that shit in school. When I do central lines I have the glass top lidocaine vials and I just break the top, the fill needle has a filter on it. It's baked into the kit so we can't fuck up. Still just seems arcane. Just give me a small membrane top lidocaine vial.

Ok just checking because some medical care are under the belief that glass ampoules don't require filter before IV, "because the inside is pressurized and breaks outward" which is of course false. Anything IV should be going through filter if its glass and even rubber tops I'd probably still filter draw it although much less necessary.

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Really well done. Perfect date night movie. Wife loved it. It's like Clue the board game with A-list actors. 👍👍👍

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
They should have just used some madeup drug so you sperglords wouldn't have your immersion totally ruined about the morphine.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
1629356664104.png

Budget for the next 2 sequels is 450m

1629356707542.png

• 1WTF

spronk

FPS noob
just gotta remember netflix and other streaming services pay no royalties whatsoever so the amounts eventually likely even out. Like Adam Sandler made a ton of money from his movies because they play on TV all the time and each time Happy Gilmore plays at 2am on TBS in 2021, he'll get $1000 or whatever. That adds up to a crazy amount of money over the years. Whereas with Netflix they are getting all that money up front. The cast of Seinfeld or Friends for example each makes like $25m/year just from the royalties money.

In 20 years Knives Out 3 will still be streaming on Netflix to a new generation of viewers but Craig wouldn't be paid for it at all beyond the initial money, and more sequels they make.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Knives Out 2 and 3 are going to be woke trash as well? All signs point to yes!

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Finally remembered to watch this due to this thread bump, and I enjoyed it quite a bit. I typically enjoy whodunnit movies though. I knew something was up when Chris Evans was only in the first part of the movie for like a minute, but I still enjoyed finding out exactly what happened. Also, having Ana de Armas turn out to be the main character was kind of refreshing, and it doesn't hurt that she's easy on the eyes. I wasn't a big fan of Craig's forced accent, but it didn't ruin the movie for me. I could have sworn that the black cop was like Dave Chappelle's mustachio'd brother though (it wasn't).

Fucker

Log Wizard
I fell asleep watching this. One reason why I hate doing it is because movies can inform my dreams. I woke up the next morning thinking this movie was about a mustachioed Raul Julia playing a donut hole salesman.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It took me a long time, but I finally got around to watching it. I think the title being Knives Out thew me off. I kept expecting it to be some b-grade action movie, so I didn't give it a shot. But after all is said and done, I enjoyed it.

Also, looks like Captain America and the girl are in a Netflix movie called Ghosted. I guess that comes out soon.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It took me a long time, but I finally got around to watching it. I think the title being Knives Out thew me off. I kept expecting it to be some b-grade action movie, so I didn't give it a shot. But after all is said and done, I enjoyed it.

Also, looks like Captain America and the girl are in a Netflix movie called Ghosted. I guess that comes out soon.

How would you compare it to Glass Onion? the sequel

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Ok, Glass Onion was a very enjoyable movie. I liked it more than knives out, but for a different reason.

• 1Like