Kobe Bryant killed in helicopter accident, 41

dizzie

Triggered Happy
This is the audio from the pilot and atc. I don't know what it means but maybe some of you with some knowledge can tell how he was flying the helicopter with instruments or whatever.. The audio doesn't include the crash, it's just the comms.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
According to sources he was given the OK to fly without instruments.

I think because he made a low altitude request, at the same time he was also cleared to use eyesight only

Again, because of the low altitude request.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
But Muh DiverCITY

Needs to be yellow to represent the most under-represented skin color.

Hosix

All labs matter!
It's not this one is it?

nba-lr-dribbble.jpg

I don't remember what the current logo looks like. I did a GIS for it and I can't tell if I'm seeing the real one or the kobe version.

I guess all white silhouettes look alike to me.

Derrick Rose should be on the ground crying like a bitch.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
It's funny. If you pay attention, you can almost tell the deaths they're ready for and the ones that catch them offguard.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Like

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
I'm just going to go ahead and say my unpopular opinion: Bryant's number should not be retired league wide and I think it's silly that other teams beyond Lakers would retire his number.

It's tragic that he died. But that alone isn't the kind of thing that should force an entire league to stop using your number. He's also not the absolute best to play the game.

With Robinson in MLB, you have arguably the most important player in the history of the sport. With Gretzky in the NHL, he's beyond anybody that's ever played the game by a mile (if you want my opinion I'm 50/50 on retiring a number for this too).

If all it took was being a great (not the best) player in a sport who died tragically, you'd have to retire a lot of numbers league wide in various sports.

Nobody is arguing to retire 21 league wide in MLB because of Roberto Clemente tragically passing away during a goodwill mission to Nicaragua.

However in the above instance, they did rename the annual Commissioner's award in his honor, which is something the NBA could do to honor Bryant's memory.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Looks like the pilot had stopped using instruments and was given the OK to use eyesight.

Probably some time after the spin puddle on the map above? Or before the spin puddle. We don't have a timeline on that.

looks like what happened with Kennedy and the pilot got completely disoriented as to up/down and couldn't correct, he was trying to climb out of the fog and then all of a sudden dropped 4k ft a minute and slammed into mountain at almost two hundo.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

not good, his family can say bye,bye to have a drama free life.

"YOUR DAD KILLED KOBE!!!"

Wait a couple months, change your name to Smith and move.

edit - probably have to delete all social media everything immediately

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I'm just going to go ahead and say my unpopular opinion: Bryant's number should not be retired league wide and I think it's silly that other teams beyond Lakers would retire his number.

It's tragic that he died. But that alone isn't the kind of thing that should force an entire league to stop using your number. He's also not the absolute best to play the game.

With Robinson in MLB, you have arguably the most important player in the history of the sport. With Gretzky in the NHL, he's beyond anybody that's ever played the game by a mile (if you want my opinion I'm 50/50 on retiring a number for this too).

If all it took was being a great (not the best) player in a sport who died tragically, you'd have to retire a lot of numbers league wide in various sports.

Nobody is arguing to retire 21 league wide in MLB because of Roberto Clemente tragically passing away during a goodwill mission to Nicaragua.

However in the above instance, they did rename the annual Commissioner's award in his honor, which is something the NBA could do to honor Bryant's memory.

My super popular opinion: If teams want to retire his number, that's up to them and not you. None of them owe you shit and you don't get a vote

• 2Salty
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
My super popular opinion: If teams want to retire his number, that's up to them and not you. None of them owe you shit and you don't get a vote

But why do any of the teams besides the one he was on owe Kobe anything?

To be clear, I don’t really give a fuck what they do, just curious why you think this guy deserves this honor from the entire league.

• 1Solidarity

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
if Kobe died from the Coronavirus, would they still demand to retire his number league wide?

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
But why do any of the teams besides the one he was on owe Kobe anything?

To be clear, I don’t really give a fuck what they do, just curious why you think this guy deserves this honor from the entire league.

Didn't say he deserves it, but if teams respect him enough to do it then it's their call and getting your panties in a bunch over it makes you a faggot

• 5Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
looks like what happened with Kennedy and the pilot got completely disoriented as to up/down and couldn't correct, he was trying to climb out of the fog and then all of a sudden dropped 4k ft a minute and slammed into mountain at almost two hundo.

Yeah I'm gonna need that toxicology being that it's a rec state. Certainly wouldn't be a sole factor, but if the pilot was ingesting cannabis on weekends I'd like to know about it.

• 1EyeRoll

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Didn't say he deserves it, but if teams respect him enough to do it then it's their call and getting your panties in a bunch over it makes you a faggot

I could see how someone who dislikes the guy could not want him to get the honor without calling him a faggot. Especially since this guy was a lying, adulterous, literal violent rapist who would be in prison for life without his money to get him off Scott free.

Stop being a faggot about other faggots opinions.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Bypassing language filter
Mod Edit: Do not bypass the language filter via pics/memes

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 1Like