Kobe Bryant killed in helicopter accident, 41

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
It would be much more cold hearted as a fake tweet though.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
a commercial pilot that isnt instrument rated? that just seems stupid, cant legally fly someone more than 50 nm or at night then, and its dangerous. i wouldnt hire a commercial pilot w/o IRA
Yeah, I'm confused by this story. But my only experience is Navy pilots, where you get instrument qualified like 3 weeks into flight school. Some guy crashing his helicopter because of fog in the LA area just seems bizarre.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande

This seems to cover what happened fairly well before knowing more.

Should not have been flying in these conditions.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I mean he had special VFR is 1SM vis and remain clear of clouds.. cloud ceiling was at 1100, not much room when youre supposed to legally stay at least 1000 feet above congested areas.. all around bad choices, probably good example of external pressures.. get there-itis, or not wanting to let people down.

they usually teach when you go into IMC.. or clouds you need to turn back around and get out, or climb or descend if you know where the ceiling ends.

as he said tho this is a common accident, seen other historical videos of low visibility mountain crashes, maybe when theyre trying to rescue people stranded etc. CFIT.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
I have never followed sports, so I’m confused. Isn’t this the guy who pissed on adolescents? Y’all sound like Rome and a priest died. Nah.

• 2Dislike
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
couldn't even an iphone have calculated out the speed, direction and elevation to tell the pilot to make changes in time?

seems so fucking weird for this to happen in a helicopter

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Disclaimer - BBC Pidgin is a real thing

Tori be say di 41-year-old die inside helicopter crash as im be dey travel around one place wey dem dey call Calabasas.

Oga Kobe die with im 13 year old daughter, Gianna for inside helicopter crash for California.

Many pipo don dey react on top di death of di basketball star and im pikin.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

dizzie

Triggered Happy
The crafts flight was tracked and you can see the journey here.

Loads of wtf turns over Glendale, wonder what that was all about. Looks like they had some navigation problems or something? I don't know not being a pilot but I thought they trained to fly in zero visibility, or maybe that's more advanced military training?

Pretty telling that the police chopper wouldn't fly, the fog or whatever must have been pretty bad.

Edit: Found that the turns were a holding pattern by the traffic controller.

Last edited:

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Don’t you dare remind us of our favorite ball player’s past!

TLDR: Journalist links article to his rape case. Gets 10k death threats and suspended from work.

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
I've been on hundreds of helicopter flight missions. The pilots are almost ALL VFR and instrument rated. There is just not as much use for instrument rating with a helicopter. There is no glide path to follow. You still need to know your landing area (and it can be very small and often is surrounded by hazards). Almost all helicopter pilots use VFR primarilly (for a lot of reasons). I'm not a pilot. I have been in a few very hazardous weather problems and, in an area with sporadic changes in elevation, following a highway or river, IF you can see it) makes sense. Going fast doesn't.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Don’t you dare remind us of our favorite ball player’s past!

TLDR: Journalist links article to his rape case. Gets 10k death threats and suspended from work.

1580132709582.gif

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users