KOTOR Reboot

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Great news. Next should be cancelling it completely because why the fuck does every game need a remake.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This game is DOA. It shouldn't be this hard to just release an old game with spruced up graphics.

• 2Like

Fadaar

That guy
in the back of my mind i was hoping for an FF7R quality title but knew it wouldn't be so. need the original minds behind it in charge like Square did.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Molten Core Raider
The IGN article on this says that Aspyr went to Sony and Lucasfilm to present a "vertical slice demo" of the game and the project was immediately put on hold and the two directors fired. It also says that even though Aspyr was still aiming for a 2022 release, "insiders" suggest 2025 was more likely. I really hope footage of this demo leaks, it had to be absolute garbage and I need to see it.

• 5Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
The IGN article on this says that Aspyr went to Sony and Lucasfilm to present a "vertical slice demo" of the game and the project was immediately put on hold and the two directors fired. It also says that even though Aspyr was still aiming for a 2022 release, "insiders" suggest 2025 was more likely. I really hope footage of this demo leaks, it had to be absolute garbage and I need to see it.

What's a vertical slice demo? Something that shows parts of every section of the game? Unlike most that usually are just one level, usually early?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
What's a vertical slice demo? Something that shows parts of every section of the game? Unlike most that usually are just one level, usually early?
Yeah. I think the difference between a demo and a vertical slice is that a vertical slice shows off every major system and has no expectation of being streamlined, bug free, fully working etc, where as a demo is missing a lot of mechanics but is expected to show off that a fun, workable game exists with the basics that players will want more of.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Great news. Now we just need the same thing to happen to the abomination known as Bloodlines 2.

• 1Like

Caliane

vertical slices in games can be kindof retarded. so, it'd be unclear if it was really shit, or if corporate looked at an unfinished build and didn't understand what they were looking at.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
With an IP like Star Wars there's also a risk of a random KotoR reboot being released in Chrismas 2023 (or whatever) in cutting into the SW RPG market when another similar game is releasing.

Buuuut I'm guessing the game was as shitty as Kotor2's release.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
This game is DOA. It shouldn't be this hard to just release an old game with spruced up graphics.

Agreed - however, what they did was hire a bunch of purple hairs to re-write the entire game. So good to see it crash and burn like the rest of them should.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
However they really should just remake the original. Hell, what else is bioware themselves gonna do?

That Xbox/ps2 era lookin’ rough as ps1 era at times. It’s honestly a lot easier to drop back to snes/genesis era at times.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
However they really should just remake the original. Hell, what else is bioware themselves gonna do?

That Xbox/ps2 era lookin’ rough as ps1 era at times. It’s honestly a lot easier to drop back to snes/genesis era at times.

Totally agree. So far however the only folks I think that could really do it justice would be Bluepoint. Demon Souls was FANTASTIC.

• 2Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Well, if you cannot change KOTOR may as well change Obi-Wan says Disney!

• 1Faggotry