KOTOR Reboot

spronk

FPS noob
uh good news bad news
http://kotaku.com/that-star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic-rumor-isnt-1794215197

Problem is, this is old info. What I’ve heard separately, from people familiar with goings-on at the studio, is that BioWare Austin did indeed play around with a Knights of the Old Republic prototype, but that it hasn’t been greenlit and is not currently in development. I’ve also heard that the majority of BioWare Austin is working on the company’s new IP, which is headed up by BioWare’s Edmonton studio and should be officially announced at E3. That new IP is a Destiny-ish game code-named Dylan, as Liam Robertson correctly reported in a separate Patreon post.

Let me clarify that I don’t think KOTOR’s a current project. From the same people I learned about Dylan from, I did hear that they prototyped a KOTOR revival at Austin a while back. I believe it may have evolved into something else since then or fizzled out since then. I’m still confident Austin is doing something Star Wars related though and I’m confident in that. I actually did know that they were contributing towards Dylan since I originally found out about it when I was researching Austin’s Shadow Realms, so if I said exclusively, then that was admittedly a mistake.

Ok how retarded do you have to be to code name a video game Dylan

Dylan

wtf Bioware

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So a new Star Wars Old Republic expansion that is the new NGE of SWTOR! PEW PEW!

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
If they were smart enough to do a Destiny in the Star Wars universe it might be enough to get excited, but we all know they aren't.

So we'll get some shit tier Destiny clone with new IP. CAN'T WAIT. /s

goishen

Macho Ma'am
uh good news bad news
http://kotaku.com/that-star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic-rumor-isnt-1794215197

Problem is, this is old info. What I’ve heard separately, from people familiar with goings-on at the studio, is that BioWare Austin did indeed play around with a Knights of the Old Republic prototype, but that it hasn’t been greenlit and is not currently in development. I’ve also heard that the majority of BioWare Austin is working on the company’s new IP, which is headed up by BioWare’s Edmonton studio and should be officially announced at E3. That new IP is a Destiny-ish game code-named Dylan, as Liam Robertson correctly reported in a separate Patreon post.

Let me clarify that I don’t think KOTOR’s a current project. From the same people I learned about Dylan from, I did hear that they prototyped a KOTOR revival at Austin a while back. I believe it may have evolved into something else since then or fizzled out since then. I’m still confident Austin is doing something Star Wars related though and I’m confident in that. I actually did know that they were contributing towards Dylan since I originally found out about it when I was researching Austin’s Shadow Realms, so if I said exclusively, then that was admittedly a mistake.

Ok how retarded do you have to be to code name a video game Dylan

Dylan

wtf Bioware

Although typically associated with babies of the male gender, I've heard of some females using this name. That's how retarded you have to be to call it Dylan.

EDIT : And yeh, they are working on something SW related. It's called SW:TOR and their next shitty expansion.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It has nothing to do with EAoware, at least, but needing a team of writers for this does not bode well:

2021-09-10 01.01.53 boundingintocomics.com 27faa3bddcd6.png

2021-09-10 01.11.06 en.wikipedia.org a7f99d768554.png

2021-09-10 01.12.07 en.wikipedia.org 5f434a3dc0fc.png

2021-09-10 01.14.49 boundingintocomics.com e0aaaffa060f.png

Last edited:
  • 1Smuggly
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I grabbed the original and the sequel for $5 each at a flea market a while back (with cases and instructions and everything, worth way more than that). Been meaning to give them a run on XBox for years now, but I have to say the visuals are a huge obstacle. I love KOTOR1's classes and design but every time I try to start it, I stop within the first couple hours because of the visuals. Very hard for me to go back to PS3-era 3D much less PS2-era 3D now.

I'm sure I'll play this...and then very awkwardly go back and try to play KOTOR2 on the XBox to see what happens (unless they're remaking that too...and given its unfinished-ness, they should).

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
lol

"why do you want to work on KOTOR"
"its NOT my favorite star wars game"
"you're hired!!"

• 9Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Tiresome
Reactions: 12 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
And just like that, if you buy this shit, you're part of the problem. Goddamn. My hope is that someone mods the shit out of this.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
KOTOR and KOTOR2 were both very good games. I played KOTOR2 with the content restored mod a couple of years ago, it was still a great experience despite the dated gameplay.

It's hard to pick a best SW game for me since there's very good ones in very different genres.