Kurt Cobain was murdered (probably).

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
If you were listening to Hair Metal in the 80s you were doing it wrong.

Wait out the Polka Intro ..

Last edited:

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you're going to post Van Halen, at least post some of their legitimately good music, not that bullshit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I think the point was to post the bullshit.

I think Unchained is a pretty dope song though.

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
If you're going to post Van Halen, at least post some of their legitimately good music, not that bullshit.

Not sure if you're referring to Unchained or Jump, but both are good songs.

• 1Like

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
Whenever I get a hankering for grunge I just listen to this twice and then I'm good for another 2 years

Was just a baby when this stuff was poppin but gotta respect the white mecca aka Seattle

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
back on topic
4twm1g.jpg

• 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was born in '77 and I loathe most 80s music too. Of course, there are some gems but overall when I was most impressionable it was all big hair homo bands. I genuinely feel privileged to have the grunge / alternative revolution as the soundtrack of my teenage years. A resounding fuck-off to the hair bands to an ushering in of Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Stone Temple Pilots, Soundgarden, Green Day, Smashing Pumpkins, Sublime, Weezer, Rage Against the Machine, Red Hot Chili Peppers (pre-90s I know), and many others. What a magical few years in the early-mid 90s!

*Side note, I still have a VHS tape buried somewhere in a box of the original recording of Nirvana Unplugged when it first aired on MTV.

Fucking thread is making me want to dig out some old CDs!!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
^ This. I was about ten when the 80s ended and the first bands I dug were the popular ones at the time. Aersomith, GNR, Skid Row, Motley Crue. By '92 in eighth grade I was listening to alternative and metal as my tastes got more discerning. I hated glam rock bands, never liked Poison, Cinderella, can't remember the rest. Their music was too plastic, sounded like toy music. Today I'm fond of the first bands I liked out of nostalgia. There's also tons of stuff I hated about the 80s that I am fond of as an adult.

Sorry I don't have shitty pop-rock tastes. Go listen to Quiet Riot or whatever other faggy ass music you listen to.
Post some music and stop whining faggot.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
^ This. I was about ten when the 80s ended and the first bands I dug were the popular ones at the time. Aersomith, GNR, Skid Row, Motley Crue. By '92 in eighth grade I was listening to alternative and metal as my tastes got more discerning. I hated glam rock bands, never liked Poison, Cinderella, can't remember the rest. Their music was too plastic, sounded like toy music. Today I'm fond of the first bands I liked out of nostalgia. There's also tons of stuff I hated about the 80s that I am fond of as an adult.

Post some music and stop whining faggot.
I already did. Clearly I prefer tracks like "Ain't Talkin Bout Love" to "Jump" and "Unchained." You can add "Panama" to that fucking list too. That should tell you all you need to know.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not this shit again.

I always love the "i spent a few hours on the internet and I'm now an expert in x, y, and z" posts.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fine I'll bite, since we're discussing 80s metal here are some of my top picks: