Lance Armstrong To Confess?

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As usual this topic is full of people who have no fucking clue what they are talking about, and no interest in learning. I don't give enough of a fuck to argue anymore, the issue is finally dead. Once the official confession arrives though, I can spam the fuck out of obnoxious holier than thou roadies on FB who have clung to Lance's integrity. Cockwallets.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
As for the current crowd doing it, I hope not and numbers seem to suggest if they are it's bloody lightweight. Times are down, performance is way down. They did some stats during the last TDF which appeared to show the output during some of the hill climbing stages was showing a 40% dropoff.
That's why Sir Bradley has gone from middle-of-the-pack to winning the Tour and a bunch of Olympic golds - his times haven't changed but all the people who were faster than him have either quit or gotten alotslower. Makes it pretty clear that he's clean and the people whousedto beat him were cheating fucks.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
We need to find an island country somewhere and get them to make all forms of performance enhancing drugs legal. Then set up PPV channel / website where you can watch super human athletes accomplish unimaginable feats of athletic prowess.
This. I said the same back when this discussion came up the last time. Let them juice the fuck up and compete against each other. They're always going to find a way to cheat to compete, their livelihoods depend on it.

We could look at it another way - think of the medical and scientific breakthroughs we'd find watching people push themselves to the absolute limit. It may sound like science fiction, but imagine them trying to find any advantage possible. They might even dabble in genetic research, cloning, limb replacement, cybernetics, drug enhancement...whatever.

I mean, I'm nerding out on the possibilities, but damn that would be awesome.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
I think it will certainly be a softball interview. I think I don't give a shit about bicycles, people who ride them, French trophies, cancer awareness, Lance Armstrong, Oprah, money, justice, closure...none of it. I want to watch what it looks like when a completely egomaniacal selfish failure of a human has to publicly acknowledge it. I don't care so much what he says or what it means to the 'story' of cycling and sports, only in so much as I want to see what a man in his position will do. Will he own his behavior or continue to be a weakling about it? I'm putting vegas odds at him being weak and trying to curry favor or make excuses. He will be 'sorry for the outcome' (and will say it in many different ways) but won't actually be sorry that he failed as a human member of civilization. Won't give anything to anyone. Sorry he was exposed is about all I expect to hear. I think most people faced with similar situations in life (albeit not nearly as grandiose or public) also do not own it, in general. They hide and run. I expect this will be that same difficult life situation we have all experienced in some small way or another inflated to a much larger scale and put in the center of the Coliseum with lights and lions for our amusement.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I can hear it now. Everyone was doing it at the time, and anyone involved in the sport knew it, and if you wanted to compete you had to do it. The epic level of covering up the whole situation I expect to hear next to nothing about from this douche.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I think Lance and Oprah will likely just have sex on camera. Afterward, she'll look straight into the camera, and say, "He took the little blue pill. Typical." And he'll look into the camera and say, "Sorry."

The media will rejoice in this athlete's integrity, as he apologized for taking performance enhancing drugs.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well....it's true.
And Lance stabbed a PR mudhole into the back of anyone who dared suggest he was no better than the rest of the peloton. Not everyone had the star power to ruin other people's careers and call them libelous slanderers for telling the truth about him. In reality, HE was the one slandering people left and right. Now he's asking for everyone to keep kissing the ass of his public image. You're going to respond by helping him make his excuses?

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm not making an excuse, all I'm saying is the part I quoted is true, show me where it wasn't.
Certainly true, Just looking forward to that excuse is all. And he will play that card. I hope the snake squirms, but Oprah will go with the we all mistakes, yada yada, the good he's done outweighs the bad. Also, over under on tears?

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
The fact that everyone did it is nearly irrelevant... no one really gives a shit that he did it. It's the fact that he's a piece of shit person and has been completely exposed as being so that's of interest.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
That's not totally true, while yes he is a piece of shit, you can't for half a second pretend like it's not his doping that's being rammed down our throats as the reason he's a piece of shit person, not his personality.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
The fact that everyone did it is nearly irrelevant... no one really gives a shit that he did it. It's the fact that he's a piece of shit person and has been completely exposed as being so that's of interest.
And why does this interest you?