Lance Armstrong To Confess?

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
As a sports fan, I've had to see and hear thousands upon thousands of stories about how fucking amazing he is and what a great person he is. What I'd like to see is once he admits he used PEDs, Oprah pulls one of her big surprises and has a panel of all the people he sued, bullied, and slandered for having the audacity to tell the truth ready to ask him questions.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Okay, this debate is getting silly. Let's review some things:

This guy had a major fight with cancer, and won. Good for him.

This guy started an organization that is amazing, and does a lot of very good things for a lot of people. Rather than tarnish it, he stepped away from it when the scandal broke, in order to allow that organization to continue functioning.

The guy is an amazing athlete. Like it or not, with or without the drugs, the guy is a machine.

He fucked up. He did use performance enhancing drugs, as was nearly everyone in the industry. Doesn't make it right, doesn't excuse his behavior. But calling him a piece of shit when he has been one hell of an outstanding individual is just not right, in my opinion. I wish more people gave to, and worked for, causes they believe in like he does.

Just my $0.02

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Okay, this debate is getting silly. Let's review some things:

This guy had a major fight with cancer, and won. Good for him.

This guy started an organization that is amazing, and does a lot of very good things for a lot of people. Rather than tarnish it, he stepped away from it when the scandal broke, in order to allow that organization to continue functioning.

The guy is an amazing athlete. Like it or not, with or without the drugs, the guy is a machine.

He fucked up. He did use performance enhancing drugs, as was nearly everyone in the industry. Doesn't make it right, doesn't excuse his behavior. But calling him a piece of shit when he has been one hell of an outstanding individual is just not right, in my opinion. I wish more people gave to, and worked for, causes they believe in like he does.

Just my $0.02
As has been pointed out in this thread if it were just that what he did in your post, I'd agree. This guy went to epic levels to ruin people who were investigating him. That for me is what pisses me off. He can try and hide behind all the good he wants. Everyone knows he's a piece of shit. He deserves worse than what he will get.

Also,

rrr_img_8371.jpg

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
As has been pointed out in this thread if it were just that what he did in your post, I'd agree. This guy went to epic levels to ruin people who were investigating him. That for me is what pisses me off. He can try and hide behind all the good he wants. Everyone knows he's a piece of shit. He deserves worse than what he will get.

Also,

rrr_img_8371.jpg
Yeah. Combine your post and mine, and be sure serious.

This is a complex thing. He's done some really good things. He's done some really bad things. Clearly we should focus on the bad. And the good.

Then, let's all dance. And I mean a slow fucking dance. Hands on ass.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This guy started an organization that is amazing, and does a lot of very good things for a lot of people. Rather than tarnish it, he stepped away from it when the scandal broke, in order to allow that organization to continue functioning
Hahaha. Let's review exactly one thing: you don't know fuck all about shit. Lance and his connection to LiveStrong is all about Lance first and foremost. Just like everything else he's done.

http://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor...ts.html?page=1

And for some general reading about everyone's hero and superman:

http://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor....html?page=all

http://www.slate.com/articles/sports...hman_bros.html

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Hahaha. Let's review exactly one thing: you don't know fuck all about shit.
Glad you're confident in your information. Perhaps you could find a more pleasant way to address me.

Until you do so, I urge you, at your earliest convenience, to go and fuck yourself.

Sincerely,
Dirk

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Glad you're confident in your information. Perhaps you could find a more pleasant way to address me.

Until you do so, I urge you, at your earliest convenience, to go and fuck yourself.

Sincerely, leakingdick
Dearest leakingdick,

Perhaps I would have a modicum of patience if you weren't the umpteenth opinionated ignoramus to spout the same tired and ill informed American talk radio soundbytes across two different forums now.

Kindly yours,

I fucked your mother.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Dearest leakingdick,

Perhaps I would have a modicum of patience if you weren't the umpteenth opinionated ignoramus to spout the same tired and ill informed American talk radio soundbytes across two different forums now.

Kindly yours,

I fucked your mother.
Dear Famm (see how I spelled your name correctly, there? It makes me look smarter than trying to come up with a stupid misspelling of your name that contains a bad pun),

I'm so very sorry you don't share my view. It is not, however, ill informed, nor is it an opinion formulated from American talk radio. I'm also sorry that you can't see that the LiveStrong foundation has done a lot of good, regardless of Lance Armstrong's reasons for forming and supporting said foundation.

Thank you for selecting the only part of what I said that you were able to respond to, as well. It solidifies just how intelligent you are to all who read it.

I hope all your shits are angry hedgehogs,

Dirk

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Gosh you're so right. Why didn't I think of the cancers. How unfair of me to scape goat the poor guy when there are cancers cancering their cancerous cancer.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clip...s/a-witch-hunt
Unrelated, but another funny South Park clip. In honour of the cancers, who are cancering their cancerous cancer.

Incidentally, if Chuck Norris and Lance Armstrong were to have a testicle counting contest, Chuck Norris would win by six.

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
World class athletes wouldn't compete in it.
They compete every day/week/month/year in it. Every sport is as dirty or dirtier because the punishment is peanuts if you get away with it. And they do get away with it.

Lance is a complete piece of shit. LiveStrong is a complete piece of shit, regardless of the message, because the company was created to profit off the name/recognition of Lance before doing anything beneficial with the money. I forget the numbers, but the amount donated to cancer research was a fucking joke.

Honestly, I think he's looking for a way to confess without looking like the con-artist he is: Go before The Oprah, kiss her rings, and spout some shit about the cancer fucking with his head and his need to raise awareness by cheating to get money to feed the kids. Or some contrived bullshit.

We can go one of two ways: Actually test/ban for EVERY possible PED like a Republican trying to cut welfare, or open the whole thing up under doctor supervision and let the monsters have their fix. This middle path we're on, where we pretend to test and punish, while pretending like there's some moral honor we uphold to the past, etc, is laughable. The owners/leagues know that if they were honest and banned PEDs, their product would decline; at least until it normalizes back down to realistic levels. We know that won't happen because owners need their money.